SiouxSports.com Forum

huh - well thats interesting

SiouxFan in DU Country

10 hours ago, SiouxFan in DU Country said:

haha.  It's sarcasm my friend.  You take this stuff way too seriously.  That to me is kind of sad - but that's just me.  But I digress.  I am actually the polar opposite of that ( I guess that is the beauty of forums isn't it?  we can hide behind our words ).  Feel free to pm me - I would love to hook up for a few beers and talk about stuff.  It's all good.

... and mine was a joke ???

As for the beer, you live in Denver I live in North Dakota so don't think that's realistic.

14 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Usually when your goalie lets in 8 goals on a weekend, you can point at him as a major part of taking two losses. I don't think that was the case this weekend. Cam was pretty much on his own with no help from the D on nearly every goal.

I certainly agree with you, I got to view the Fri game but not the Sat game and can't put the losses on Cam as on most goals he was one on one.  My only thought though is that despite the deficiencies in the defensive play that Cam never really came up with any big saves (e.g. DU breakaway Sat night for 3rd goal) to minimize the damage and keep the team in it (which he's done earlier this season).  Maybe I missed a few of those saves, if so I'll stand corrected.   

So this amazing D we have don't have much else to prove here - Just waiting another year before they move on up

Is correcting this on the Captains or Coaches or Both ?

Seems the teams that have been winning national championships have one or 2 good players & a bunch of hard workers who kept getting better

I don't think a team loaded with NHL Draft choices is the right formula - I'd love to be wrong 

• Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, Fetch said:

So this amazing D we have don't have much else to prove here - Just waiting another year before they move on up

Seems the teams that have been winning national championships have one or 2 good players & a bunch of hard workers who kept getting better

I don't think a team loaded with NHL Draft choices is the right formula - I'd love to be wrong 

So, what's your solution? Stop recruiting really good players? FFS

They just got swept in a series in February. There's no perspective to a full season any more.  :silly:

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

They just got swept in a series in February. There's no perspective to a full season any more.  :silly:

the palce doesnt work.  Good players think gf sucks.  AZ good, CHI nice, DEN warm, gf cold and need socks

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Far and away the most successful team in the modern era is BC, and they have had few NHL draftees.  Oh, wait . . . 

1 minute ago, londonknight said:

the palce doesnt work.  Good players think gf sucks.  AZ good, CHI nice, DEN warm, gf cold and need socks

6 minutes ago, londonknight said:

Well, home.    I'm the same age.  The Sious is a tribe in south dakota.  Are yo native'  didnt think so

Witty, too.

Cags to me is that really good player who was above average as a freshman & lordy kept getting better

Now Boeser is a insanely good offensive Freshman but has lots of areas to improve on - will he ? Will he do it here or in the AHL ? Even Schmaltz is way above average as a play maker & puck handler but lacks scoring touch (unless u get points for hitting pipes) will he become complete here or down the road ? 

Hard work definitely beats skill & wins championships 

Just now, Fetch said:

Cags to me is that really good player who was above average as a freshman & lordy kept getting better

Now Boeser is a insanely good offensive Freshman but has lots of areas to improve on - will he ? Will he do it here or in the AHL ? Even Schmaltz is way above average as a play maker & puck handler but lacks scoring touch (unless u get points for hitting pipes) will he become complete here or down the road ? 

Hard work definitely beats skill & wins championships 

ahl earns $$$$

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, londonknight said:

ahl earns $$$$

Yes & u can't blame them if that's a priority

U would think coming here would mean pleasing the fanbase while ur here & again get better

Maybe even get a degree in case hockey does not pan out

25 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

• Downvote 3