SiouxSports.com Forum

Olivera and Santiago

geaux_sioux

Word on Olivera was mixed after the game. He was definitely in a lot of pain, but I heard that there may be no tears in his knee. Fingers crossed that it's not a major injury.

I heard his patella slipped out of place and that's why the players waived the trainers in right away. Also, sprained mcl.  If this is the case he should be good to go for winter workouts and for sure good to go for spring.  But, done for the season.

Santiago-  he's fine.  Maybe a stinger on special teams, but fine.  And yes, Bubba chewed some ass as to why he was on the field at that point in the game.  If he's pulled from RB, get him the hell off of special teams.

Absolutely. What the hell was Kostich thinking?

Real unfortunate that Olivera is done for the season, but to lose both Olivera and Santiago to injury in a blowout game would be disastrous. 

Absolutely. What the hell was Kostich thinking?

Real unfortunate that Olivera is done for the season, but to lose both Olivera and Santiago to injury in a blowout game would be disastrous. 

Literally unacceptable. No excuse. But I do wonder how many yards he could have had if he was given the ball 18-20 times. I'm selfish and want him to be an all american as a trfr.

I heard his patella slipped out of place and that's why the players waived the trainers in right away. Also, sprained mcl.  If this is the case he should be good to go for winter workouts and for sure good to go for spring.

I don't know anything about what happened to Olivera.. but I blew my ACL many years ago and was told that the hope was that I dislocated my patella instead.  The trainer said that if that happened it could relieve the pressure on the ACL and maybe it wouldn't go too.   They told me a patella dislocation was better than blowing your ACL.   

That was 20 years ago so maybe things have changed.

Also does anyone think Santiago has a chance to beat out Cookus for ROY in the Big Sky and Nation? 

How much credit is given for yards per carry and long TD runs along with return yards..?  I don't recall anyone running him down without momentum or an angle.  Even with angles, defenders can't catch him.  I think all this means something. 

Literally unacceptable. No excuse. But I do wonder how many yards he could have had if he was given the ball 18-20 times. I'm selfish and want him to be an all american as a trfr.

I hear ya, I'm real glad they took him out and some others later, but it would have been fun to see what he could have done in a full 4 quarter game with the offense going all out the whole time.  Likely would have been a 300 yard game for him.   That kid alone is worth the price of admission.  Of course he can't do it alone though, some great blocking by the line....and Studs with some nice passing is opening things up.  This....is....fun.

• Upvote 2

I heard his patella slipped out of place and that's why the players waived the trainers in right away. Also, sprained mcl.  If this is the case he should be good to go for winter workouts and for sure good to go for spring.  But, done for the season.

This is what i was told from his uncle as well. Crappy deal...

Not at all a crappy deal. He is damn lucky. That hit was directly to the knee with the leg planted in the ground. He's very lucky nothing tore.

The kid can't play anymore, which is not easy on him or the team. 

Yes, it could have been worse, but it still is unfortunate that he suffered the injury. 

I believe he has the work effort to get in the weight room during the winter and spring season and get better for next year, though, so in that sense, it is fortunate he did not sustain a long-term injury. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...