SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 NHL DRAFT - UND,nchc,locals,ncaa,juniors,mj

AZSIOUX

So NBCSN analyst commented that Boesner de-committed from Wisconsin to come to North Dakota. Does anyone know the story behind that?

Where have you been? LOL

You should have seen everyone in this board when he re-opened his commitment and put us on his short list!

He didn't decommit to specifically come here. That's just the decision he made when all was said and done. 

Long story short: he decommitted from Wisco because he felt he committed when he was too young to fully understand what he wanted from a development aspect. Re-evaluated, and here we are. 

Where have you been? LOL

You should have seen everyone in this board when he re-opened his commitment and put us on his short list!

He didn't decommit to specifically come here. That's just the decision he made when all was said and done. 

Long story short: he decommitted from Wisco because he felt he committed when he was too young to fully understand what he wanted from a development aspect. Re-evaluated, and here we are. 

And there's the rumor going around that he woke up with a horse head in his bead with a note from gfhockey and his boys

Where have you been? LOL

Have heard from a couple different people I trust that Wisconsin coaches didn't exactly stay in great contact with him after he committed as well. One story was a Wisco coach called him and asked him how everything was going with his season at Burnsville but he was instead playing with Waterloo in the USHL. Another one was when Waterloo played in Madison and Wisconsin didn't even send any coaches to watch and talk to Brock after the game.

After being shocked that Shaw, Keane, Bast, and Peski didn't get drafted I did some research as far as the league breakdown of players drafted this year.  I excluded the CHL leagues, USHL, NCAA and Europe leagues as many players come from those leagues.  

NAHL - 5 players (one in the third and four in the 7th)

USPHL - 1 player (6th)

BCHL - 1 (7th)

The Canadian junior A leagues typically produce way more draft picks than that, especially the BCHL.  I was really shocked by the above totals.  I have heard that the NA is growing considerably but it looks as though it will soon pass the BCHL.  The USHL is still head and shoulders above the NA and other junior A leagues so I hope many of our commits think hard about playing a year or two in that league prior to coming to campus.  It would obviously help their draft stock as well.  The fact Shaw didn't get drafted is mind boggling.

With UND having 4 players drafted this year, how many NHL draft picks are the Sioux expected to have on the roster for the upcoming season?

May have missed one or two incoming not sure

Two high enders in nick and Brock

Most of D core drafted

BOESER (F) 1st - 23rd VANCOUVER

TOMEK (G) 3rd - 90th PHILADELPHIA (G)

WOLANIN (D) 4th - 107th OTTAWA (D)

WILKIE (F) 6th - 162nd FLORIDA

GERSICH 5th - 134th WASHINGTON

SCHMALTZ 1st - 20th CHICAGO

LADUE 6th - 181st LA (D)

POOLMAN 5th - 127th WINNIPEG (D)

POGANSKI 4th - 110th ST. LOUIS

THOMPSON 3rd - 87th ANAHEIM (D)

AUSMUS 5th - 151st SAN JOSE (D)

MURPHY 7th - 185th NASHVILLE

JOHNSON 5th - 134th CHICAGO

After being shocked that Shaw, Keane, Bast, and Peski didn't get drafted I did some research as far as the league breakdown of players drafted this year.  I excluded the CHL leagues, USHL, NCAA and Europe leagues as many players come from those leagues.  

NAHL - 5 players (one in the third and four in the 7th)

USPHL - 1 player (6th)

BCHL - 1 (7th)

The Canadian junior A leagues typically produce way more draft picks than that, especially the BCHL.  I was really shocked by the above totals.  I have heard that the NA is growing considerably but it looks as though it will soon pass the BCHL.  The USHL is still head and shoulders above the NA and other junior A leagues so I hope many of our commits think hard about playing a year or two in that league prior to coming to campus.  It would obviously help their draft stock as well.  The fact Shaw didn't get drafted is mind boggling.

Is the USPHL the "penal league"? :bigsmile:

Shaw was over age, I think that he was eligible last year; and as such teams weren't as worried about someone taking him off the board.

I'm guessing he is on a number of teams' radars as a free-agent to watch develop at UND.

Is the USPHL the "penal league"? :bigsmile:

Shaw was over age, I think that he was eligible last year; and as such teams weren't as worried about someone taking him off the board.

I'm guessing he is on a number of teams' radars as a free-agent to watch develop at UND.

The USPHL is a pay to play league.  I compare it to the NA3, I could be slightly off on that though.

Oh, Shaw was an over ager...makes sense than.  Thanks.  

I shocked Shaw wouldn't even be worth a 7th rd flyer.  Wilkie was an over ager too.  There could be a chance that Shaw is smaller than what's listed.