SiouxSports.com Forum

REA Banners

MafiaMan

The NCAA agreement forbids the replacement of any Sioux items in the REA.

Not when it has to do with the history of the team. What MM is wanting would be showing the history of that title. The banner would show the logo they wore when they won it. Who could ever stop that??? I'm for that idea also.

Not when it has to do with the history of the team. What MM is wanting would be showing the history of that title. The banner would show the logo they wore when they won it. Who could ever stop that??? I'm for that idea also.

Ralph probably made that decison himself, becaue the other banners would have clashed with the rest of the REA.  History may not be correct, as we have never won a title with the Bennet logo, but that is the best representation of the Fighting Sioux spirit bar none.

UQKUWERQIGPAVYD.20100804180344.jpg

Very tough to see in this picture but you can see 3 of the NCAA championship banners hanging down from the rafters in the top left to right of the picture.  The banners appear to be green with the large white geometric logo and words below that.  

They are.

The first five championship banners were sold at auction following the 1997 championship, which coincided with the 1997 flood.  As I recall, the Sioux Boosters lost quite a bit in the flood and it was decided those banners would be donated to the boosters to be auctioned off to raise money for the booster club.

I know who bought all 5. 

I have the 1982 banner.  It hangs in my house.

• Upvote 3

They are.

The first five championship banners were sold at auction following the 1997 championship, which coincided with the 1997 flood.  As I recall, the Sioux Boosters lost quite a bit in the flood and it was decided those banners would be donated to the boosters to be auctioned off to raise money for the booster club.

I know who bought all 5. 

I have the 1982 banner.  It hangs in my house.

Well lets see a picture of that bad boy!!!!!

Well lets see a picture of that bad boy!!!!!

Here's the deal.  Unfortunately, I'm old enough that I am not particularly computer or internet savvy.  I have the ability to write emails and posts.  I think I can even save a picture from my phone onto my computer.  But I have no idea how to link a picture I take on my phone to this thread.

I'd really like to be able to use a picture of it where you have the geometric design below siouxkid12, but that is beyond me as well.

Haha

If you're going crazy talk: Are you sure the Ben Brien logo isn't what's cursed. 

YES! I totally agree and have been saying this to a couple friends. UND won their last title with the geo logo, albeit the new one was about to be used, it hadn't been adopted. Last year's squad is the last team to have members to have worn the Brien logo. If we win a title this year, it shall be an interesting coincidence.

YES! I totally agree and have been saying this to a couple friends. UND won their last title with the geo logo, albeit the new one was about to be used, it hadn't been adopted. Last year's squad is the last team to have members to have worn the Brien logo. If we win a title this year, it shall be an interesting coincidence.

if we win the whole thing I would guess that it has less to do with ben and more due to a guy named dave moving east....

Edited by SIOUXFAN97
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

if we win the whole thing I would guess that it has less to do with ben and more due to a guy named dave moving east....

Now, come on, don't be bringing facts into the discussion. :p

Seriously, no one can predict where this team will end up in March and (hopefully) April. We will go as far as our goaltending takes us.

• Upvote 1

You know Hak getting that huge contract to coach in the pros makes you and others that say things like this,  look like complete morons?!

To be honest, I always felt Hakstol was a better fit for the NHL rather than the NCAA. And if they give him enough talent to work with, he'll do just fine. But that is always the rub, isn't it? Hakstol could get fired for mistakes made by the front office. Often times, in the NHL, you are hired to be fired.

To be honest, I always felt Hakstol was a better fit for the NHL rather than the NCAA. And if they give him enough talent to work with, he'll do just fine. But that is always the rub, isn't it? Hakstol could get fired for mistakes made by the front office. Often times, in the NHL, you are hired to be fired.

Maybe, but your comment about a goalie taking the team far or not far, proves to be very accurate every year by most teams. Saying the coach is to blame for losing one of the last two games of the season is just plain silly to me...

Maybe, but your comment about a goalie taking the team far or not far, proves to be very accurate every year by most teams. Saying the coach is to blame for losing one of the last two games of the season is just plain silly to me...

If Zane had come back for his senior season, this team wouldn't have any major question marks. If we can solve that one, we are in good shape.

If Zane had come back for his senior season, this team wouldn't have any major question marks. If we can solve that one, we are in good shape.

Yeah, the fact that 11 of our 14 healthy forwards have a grand total of 12 career goals doesn't raise any questions, nor does the fact that we have one forward with 37 career goals, and the rest of the forwards (healthy and unhealthy) have 52.

Yeah, the fact that 11 of our 14 healthy forwards have a grand total of 12 career goals doesn't raise any questions, nor does the fact that we have one forward with 37 career goals, and the rest of the forwards (healthy and unhealthy) have 52.

It is much easier to replace forwards than it is goaltenders or even defensemen.

I'd agree somewhat with you. Great goaltenders are few and far between but great forwards are not that easy to come by either.

I think the transition to college hockey is easier for forwards. Most goaltenders need to adjust to the speed and pace of the game as well. I think defensemen probably have the toughest transition out of all of them.

Exactly. UND Football won a National Championship at UND under the "Ben" logo. And Fast.

Dave not so much. That guy couldn't win a semifinal game to save his life.

It's not the logo that was cursed.

Edited by Cratter
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Exactly. UND Football won a National Championship at UND under the "Ben" logo. And Fast.

Dave not so much. That guy couldn't win a semifinal game to save his life.

It's not the logo that was cursed.

dude, get over it! you got your wish and he is gone now.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

• 6 months later...