SiouxSports.com Forum

Timing

Fetch

U know the timing could not be worse for a new name

When we win #8 - u think the old name is going to go away

If it had been done at the beginning of this yr & than won a Championship with it would have been better odds - I still doubt it would of caught on for a long time

There better be a chance to vote to stay just North Dakota

Even if we don't win next week after what happened in Fargo was awesome 

Leave us to be North Dakota & then if u don't like it,  just leave us alone

Sioux Forever

I hope there is nicknames and NOT an option to remain just North Dakota. If a name is picked after winning a NC so what....the name North Dakota will be there, that name is NOT going away. You can still wear your Sioux gear, yell GO SIOUX, etc, and support the school. Others who will slowly absorb the new name will still wear Sioux gear, yell go UND or (insert new nickname) and most importantly still support the school. I still support Central 21 years after retiring the greatest nickname that school ever had it will be okay, now if die hard Sioux name lovers stop supporting the school just for that reason...those people are not fans at all!!

• Upvote 3

U know the timing could not be worse for a new name

When we win #8 - u think the old name is going to go away

If it had been done at the beginning of this yr & than won a Championship with it would have been better odds - I still doubt it would of caught on for a long time

There better be a chance to vote to stay just North Dakota

Even if we don't win next week after what happened in Fargo was awesome 

Leave us to be North Dakota & then if u don't like it,  just leave us alone

Sioux Forever

I think the timing is great and can't wait for a new nickname.  Win the NC and move into a new era of UND athletics on a high note.   Moveon.org.  

• Upvote 2

Sites like this are for discussion

But thinking MoveOn.org is to be admired - Not something I'd ever want to be part of

Thinking like that sounds like something Kelly would be 100% behind....google it

I guess some folks are showing their true colors

Thinking like this was a big part of why things are like they are

You need more to do in your life if a nickname is that important to you.  Wish I had your kind of time to sit around all day and wax nostalgic about a frickin nickname of a college.  

I will choose to support the University itself, the one inscribed on my diploma.  

• Upvote 4

Gonna have to agree with fetch on this one.  By rolling over you let the NCAA bully over a small school with a ton of tradition that's all tied into the Sioux nickname.  

In regards to the banner, put the Sioux Logo on every single one of those things...can't wait to hear the NCAA cry over that one...

Wasn't there already a lawsuit on this one or am I on glue?

This issue died the moment the State of North Dakota signed that legal agreement with the NCAA.  I don't like it that the name and logo are gone, but I also don't think it makes sense to keep banging our heads against the wall when we won't make a dent in it.

• Upvote 1