SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. DU - 3:30 Gameday

AZSIOUX

just saying that hajdu is such a hak apoligist that when hak's teams flame out he is the first person in line to say that this guy was playing with a seperated shoulder for two months, this guy had a broken hand for the last five games, and this guy had two torn acl's in his left knee.....

least he could do is just we ran into a "hot goalie" again?

You do realize that Jason Hajdu is the UND hockey Sports Information Director, and works for UND. He is not a sports reporter. His job is to represent UND mens hockey, not criticize the players or coach.

You do realize that Jason Hajdu is the UND hockey Sports Information Director, and works for UND. He is not a sports reporter. His job is to represent UND mens hockey, not criticize the players or coach.

I don't think the SID has any business being part of Live game chats.

just saying that hajdu is such a hak apoligist that when hak's teams flame out he is the first person in line to say that this guy was playing with a seperated shoulder for two months, this guy had a broken hand for the last five games, and this guy had two torn acl's in his left knee.....

least he could do is just say we ran into a "hot goalie" again?

No, no he's not. That's against the law. He's never the one who says that stuff. You're literally making stuff up. That stuff comes out through the media after the season. Hajdu cannot do this. It's BS for you to say that.

I have to say I never realized the Sioux fan base consisted of so many defeatists--BEFORE the games have been played. Not a typical NoDak trait that I can recall.

Maybe we have a lot of converted gopher fans now. :)

It really is ridiculous. Two weekends ago after the sweep against CC, people were saying this was one of their favorite UND teams of all time because of how hard they worked and how they played and now after their first "losing streak" of two game in TWO YEARS, we all bury them. I understand criticism, after last weekend they certainly deserved it, but good lord, everyone is just mailing in the weekend. I don't get it. It was two poor games. It happened, move on.

• Upvote 4

It really is ridiculous. Two weekends ago after the sweep against CC, people were saying this was one of their favorite UND teams of all time because of how hard they worked and how they played and now after their first "losing streak" of two game in TWO YEARS, we all bury them. I understand criticism, after last weekend they certainly deserved it, but good lord, everyone is just mailing in the weekend. I don't get it. It was two poor games. It happened, move on.

Right on.

Bring on QU and let's get to Boston.

least he could do is just say we ran into a "hot goalie" again?

Why do you follow this awful team that is lead from such an awful coach? Why don't you find a team you can support?

When are you going to ask this team the ultimate question?

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO WIN ME A CHAMPIONSHIP?

Copyright MM

Why do you follow this awful team that is lead from such an awful coach? Why don't you find a team you can support?

When are you going to ask this team the ultimate question?

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO WIN ME A CHAMPIONSHIP?

Copyright MM

Well said, man.

Ya all know the definition of insanity...somehow thinking hak is gonna suddenly get good at coaching in the Frozen Four.

Seemed to take Red Berenson and Jack Parker a while too...

Hell, I'm surprised some fans weren't asking Dean Blais what the he** took so long back in '97.

Seemed to take Red Berenson and Jack Parker a while too...

Hell, I'm surprised some fans weren't asking Dean Blais what the he** took so long back in '97.

We've went through this. Ya some take awhile. Some win soon..and some never win...both coaches before Hakstol already had at least 2 by now.

Is hakstol red Berenson or woog?

We've went through this. Ya some take awhile. Some win soon..and some never win...both coaches before Hakstol already had at least 2 by now.

Is hakstol red Berenson or woog?

We've GONE through this. Good thing you don't hold yourself to the same standards you hold hockey coaches to.

How long do it take jack parker to win a championship as head coach?

I don't think it took him awhile (according to wiki)

Took red 12 years to win a championship and hakstol is currently in his 11th?

So you're saying your argument is stupid until after next year?

How long do it take jack parker to win a championship as head coach?

I don't think it took him awhile (according to wiki)

Took red 12 years to win a championship and hakstol is currently in his 11th?

People ignore the fact that Red Berenson took over a moribund Michigan program, so of course it took him awhile to win his first NCAA title.  Same with Jerry York at Boston College.

But why let facts get in the way of a good love fest? ;)

People ignore the fact that Red Berenson took over a moribund Michigan program, so of course it took him awhile to win his first NCAA title. Same with Jerry York at Boston College.

But why let facts get in the way of a good love fest? ;)

Who's ignoring it? We've been through this recycled stuff ad naseum.

During those years of building those programs, were Red and York in contention? Did they make the tourney every year? Honest question.

You also choose to ignore how different the game and landscape of college hockey is from then. So, maybe we're all picking our important parts to the "argument"?

Who's ignoring it? We've been through this recycled stuff ad naseum.

During those years of building those programs, were Red and York in contention? Did they make the tourney every year? Honest question.

You also choose to ignore how different the game and landscape of college hockey is from then. So, maybe we're all picking our important parts to the "argument"?

Did Hakstol take over a program with a full cupboard, a half-full cupboard or an empty cupboard?  Honest question.

And winning NCAA titles has never been "easy", so please put that tired old "It's just too hard" talking point to bed for a nice, long nap because it really needs it.

• Upvote 1

Guess what? If Hakstol's team is bounced this weekend or in two weeks, he's still going to be the coach next season. Unless, he decides to take another job coaching somewhere. The University isn't going to fire a coach with a lifetime .640 winning percentage. 

• Upvote 1

Guess what? If Hakstol's team is bounced this weekend or in two weeks, he's still going to be the coach next season. Unless, he decides to take another job coaching somewhere. The University isn't going to fire a coach with a lifetime .640 winning percentage. 

Nobody is saying he will get fired.  And nobody wants him to be fired.  What I and others won't subscribe to is the notion that #nattysdontmatter.

• Upvote 1

Nobody is saying he will get fired.  And nobody wants him to be fired.  What I and others won't subscribe to is the notion that #nattysdontmatter.

You are talking a fiction. Nobody has said NCs don't matter. I would guess that all of us are eager for #8, for the players mostly. They are ones who are playing the game. It's just that some fans use a single banner as the only measure of success, even if they have nothing to say about the coaching itself.