SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Tournament Weekend 2015

The Sicatoka

Here's my west regional prediction:

(1) UND vs. (4) Yale

(2) UMN vs. (3) UNO

Did you do a lot of switching of teams for attendance purposes? I've got these teams in the Fargo regional:

(1) UND vs. (4) Providence

(2) Michigan Tech vs. (3) St. Cloud

I flopped St. Cloud with Harvard in the 3 seeds. Providence could flop with Quinnipiac but they're both so close in distance to each other I didn't see a point really.

Edit: Nevermind....I think my pairwise results are off.

Double edit....I don't know, the pairwise sites aren't agreeing. whatevs.

Did you do a lot of switching of teams for attendance purposes? I've got these teams in the Fargo regional:

(1) UND vs. (4) Providence

(2) Michigan Tech vs. (3) St. Cloud

I flopped St. Cloud with Harvard in the 3 seeds. Providence could flop with Quinnipiac but they're both so close in distance to each other I didn't see a point really.

Edit: Nevermind....I think my pairwise results are off.

Double edit....I don't know, the pairwise sites aren't agreeing. whatevs.

Not sure if my PWR calculations are correct or not but I have North Dakota out of the tournament at #18 just behind Lakeville North and Minot.

Yea, my deep faith in Michigan turned out to be some maize and blue Jim Jones Kool-Aid.

Yeah, I wonder how much longer Red sticks around? It was really feast or famine for Michigan. Depended way too heavily on its offense to pot more goals than the opponent to win games.

I wonder if Dylan Larkin is going to be leaving shortly now with their season over.

My Predictions:

South Bend

1. Mankato vs. 16. RIT

8. Omaha vs. 10. Minnesota

Fargo

2. UND vs. 14. Quinnipiac

7. Michigan Tech vs. 12. St. Cloud

Manchester

3. Boston U vs. 13. Yale

6. Duluth vs. 11. Boston College

Providence

4. Miami vs. 15. Providence

5. Denver vs. 9. Harvard

Yeah, I wonder how much longer Red sticks around? It was really feast or famine for Michigan. Depended way too heavily on its offense to pot more goals than the opponent to win games.

I wonder if Dylan Larkin is going to be leaving shortly now with their season over.

It really is quite amazing when you look at some of the talented players that could/will be sitting at home watching the NCAA tournament, isn't it?

I think Michigan Tech will be the 2 seed and Minnesota will be the 3 seed in Fargo going off of USCHO website

I sure hope it doesn't go down like this. That would mean St. Cloud would have to face another NCHC team in the 1st round. And while the rules may allow this, it would be a shame as they could easily switch Denver for Tech or St. Cloud, Harvard, & Minnesota and avoid it.

But this is the NCAA after all....

I wouldn't be surprised if they put Omaha vs St Cloud in Fargo and ship Minneaota vs Tech to Ann Arbor. I know the inter inference matchup is something they avoid in round one but the ability to have three teams bus to one site is attractive.

The 1 seeds are pretty simple: MSUM to South Bend, UND to Fargo, BU to Providence, Miami to Manchester.

In the 4 seeds I see four eastern schools. About the only concern is do they keep Providence (not a host) in Providence, otherwise I expect "straight chalk" (1 v 16, 2 v 15, etc).

In the 3 seeds I see two east, two west. My guess is they'll try to keep east east and west west for attendance and travel. Their problem is South Bend attendance with MSU-Mankato as the 1 there. They need a "name" -- Minnesota -- on the marquee there. That would put SCSU in Fargo.

The 2 seeds I expect "chalk" also: 8 UNO to MSUM (which works for travel also); 7 MTU to Fargo; 6 Duluth to BU; 5 DU to Miami