SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. CC - Game 2

AZSIOUX

Glad UND won in two but proud of my CC boys for what at least sounded like a close competitive game. Hopefully Haviland and co. can hit the recruiting trail and find some skill guys who are finishers.

To be honest, other than the last several minutes of the 2nd period and first half of the 3rd period Fri nite when the Sioux racked up 4 goals, CC played tuff (as I suspected) for a last place team.  Hats off to an improved team from early in the season.  Are the Sioux a better, more skilled team--you betcha, no doubt--but put CC in the Lil6 (Big10) this season and they're sitting middle of the pack conf-wise. 

According to the C Springs gazette, that play was caused by a "bad bounce"

Huh?!

Unfortunate "bounce" for them. Still a good defensive play at the point to chip up to Chyz. Good play from Chyz. Gorgeous saucer to Gaarder. Gordy going so hard to the net right from center ice. Thing of beauty.

Unfortunate "bounce" for them. Still a good defensive play at the point to chip up to Chyz. Good play from Chyz. Gorgeous saucer to Gaarder. Gordy going so hard to the net right from center ice. Thing of beauty.

Am I missing something in the video? Because I see Chyzyk get his stick in to break up the pass/tip in to the zone and CC failing to get a puck deep leading to a turnover. Where is the "bounce"?

Am I missing something in the video? Because I see Chyzyk get his stick in to break up the pass/tip in to the zone and CC failing to get a puck deep leading to a turnover. Where is the "bounce"?

Gotta watch again. It took a pretty crazy bounce off the back of the net. ;)

That was an NHL level play. Not saying these guys are ready for NHL, but that's the kind of passing and shooting I see watching the NHL. CC newspaper writers must watch a lower level. In low technology civilizations, high technology is indiscernible from sorcery. In low level hockey, high level hockey is indiscernible from luck, apparently.

The only bounce was from off Chyz's stick to the ice. Aka, no bad bounce lol.

The atmosphere was pretty lame until the last five minutes

Hey, I'm an old timer who's been hitting Sioux hockey games since the late 70s and I'll be the first to bemoan the atmosphere at times in the Ralph. Taking into consideration though we were playing a last place team, it's spring break, less than a full-house crowd (we're spoiled though, I bet there were still 10K in attendance) and our NCAA tourney hopes weren't on the line (lose qtr-final to CC and we still make the big dance), it really wasn't half bad this weekend. Do I wish the Ralph was louder/more fan cheers & enthusiasm going on during the games to have a bigger home-ice advantage? You bet I do.
  • Upvote 1