SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Are you serious? I have never seen a person write so much garbage and absolutely deserve the punishment for it before like gfh!

There are a lot of people that think they are experts on this board and are just spewing garbage. He may be posting off of gossip and rumors but it still brings interesting conversation. Some people on here need to look in the mirror a bit before throwing insults.

• Upvote 1

He was always played perfect position defense. You never had to worry about him when the opposing team rushed the puck because his spacing was impeccable. I think UND fans have terribly underestimated the quality of Jordan's play while at UND.

0.6 :(

• Upvote 1

Man you guys are rough on him.....can lay off a bit. I appreciate his viewpoints anyway

There are a lot of people that think they are experts on this board and are just spewing garbage. He may be posting off of gossip and rumors but it still brings interesting conversation. Some people on here need to look in the mirror a bit before throwing insults.

Don't get me wrong...I appreciate gfhockey as well...in a Kauker and Gretzky sort of way.

• Upvote 2

I disagree with this.  Any number of posters have complained about Schmaltz' play, suggesting he plays without passion, takes shifts off, etc...

Part of it is his game.  He is not, and is never going to be, a Stecher or Genoway type of player who goes on these mad rushes up the ice.  And because of his height/size, he's one of those guys who never really looks like he's skating.  He never delivered the booming hits.  In other words, he never did the things that fans get a kick out of, but which may not necessarily be what is required for playing his position.

He was always played perfect position defense.  You never had to worry about him when the opposing team rushed the puck because his spacing was impeccable.  I think UND fans have terribly underestimated the quality of Jordan's play while at UND.

He always played perfect position while on D?  I disagree with this.  But of course, that's the great thing about a discussion board...  people can have differing points of view.  There are several people on SS.com that could benefit from remembering that.

0.6 :sad:

Seriously?  Jordan played that rush perfectly.  In fact, it was his stick that blocked the initial shot, made possible by being in the right position, that lead to the fluke bounce, and ultimately the goal.

Go back and take a look at the video.

Seriously?  Jordan played that rush perfectly.  In fact, it was his stick that blocked the initial shot, made possible by being in the right position, that lead to the fluke bounce, and ultimately the goal.

Go back and take a look at the video.

I am Jordan's biggest fan and appreciate everything he has done for this program.  However, he did not play that rush perfectly.  He should have pinched before Rau ever carried it into our zone....especially given the amount of time on the clock.  Even if Rau somehow walked him at the red line it would have killed another second or two...which would have mattered.  Watch the play again.

I wonder why Schlossman and/or Hajdu haven't confirmed LaDue is staying yet. Hopefully that comes soon.

He is waiting for personal confirmation,which he doesnt have quite yet. Just reading a tweet about it isnt enough for him to write an article on it. Though that tweet is a very good sign. Hopefully we see a post soon from Brad.

I am Jordan's biggest fan and appreciate everything he has done for this program.  However, he did not play that rush perfectly.  He should have pinched before Rau ever carried it into our zone....especially given the amount of time on the clock.  Even if Rau somehow walked him at the red line it would have killed another second or two...which would have mattered.  Watch the play again.

I did watch it again.

First, Rau doesn't even get the pass until he's at our blue line, so there isn't going to be any walking of Jordan at the red line.

Second, the blocked shot was perfect.  In fact, if Pattyn had been back checking like he was supposed to, or if the puck had caromed a slightly different angle, all we would talk about is the great stick block.

I'm use to all ther personal attacks

I think they are just jelly that I get inside information.

Because you state the obvious. You said you knew Zane was leaving after he left, he was one that we wernt sure was going to leave, i for one dont think he's ready. And Schmaltz is most likely to leave so you had no problem saying that one. You didnt say anything about Caggiula and Strcher again because none of us knew

I am Jordan's biggest fan and appreciate everything he has done for this program. However, he did not play that rush perfectly. He should have pinched before Rau ever carried it into our zone....especially given the amount of time on the clock. Even if Rau somehow walked him at the red line it would have killed another second or two...which would have mattered. Watch the play again.

Jordan can be an awesome player when he wants to be but then he plays lazy sometimes to from what i've seen

I am Jordan's biggest fan and appreciate everything he has done for this program. However, he did not play that rush perfectly. He should have pinched before Rau ever carried it into our zone....especially given the amount of time on the clock. Even if Rau somehow walked him at the red line it would have killed another second or two...which would have mattered. Watch the play again.

Yup. It was as if our guys thought the clock would run out before they could do anything.

I did watch it again.

First, Rau doesn't even get the pass until he's at our blue line, so there isn't going to be any walking of Jordan at the red line.

Second, the blocked shot was perfect.  In fact, if Pattyn had been back checking like he was supposed to, or if the puck had caromed a slightly different angle, all we would talk about is the great stick block.

Then switch my comment to blue line.  Either way...with the time on the clock, he should have been more aggressive and pinched.  Again, I really like Jordan's game and definitely appreciate his play more than some other posters on this forum however I would have played that situation a little differently.  But again, total fluke goal.  I was watching the game with a former player and both of us were yelling pinch the whole time.  

I disagree with this. Any number of posters have complained about Schmaltz' play, suggesting he plays without passion, takes shifts off, etc...

Part of it is his game. He is not, and is never going to be, a Stecher or Genoway type of player who goes on these mad rushes up the ice. And because of his height/size, he's one of those guys who never really looks like he's skating. He never delivered the booming hits. In other words, he never did the things that fans get a kick out of, but which may not necessarily be what is required for playing his position.

He was always played perfect position defense. You never had to worry about him when the opposing team rushed the puck because his spacing was impeccable. I think UND fans have terribly underestimated the quality of Jordan's play while at UND.

Good post! There are things in his game that many people don't see that set him apart from many college defensemen. I will admit at times his effort appeared subpar, but some of that was what you were referring to in your post and wasn't always what it seemed. He is a very good hockey player and would be a huge part of the team next year. Unfortunately for us Sioux fans, he will go the way of Forbort, Smaby, etc. and leave early to spend time developing in the AHL.

Then switch my comment to blue line. Either way...with the time on the clock, he should have been more aggressive and pinched. Again, I really like Jordan's game and definitely appreciate his play more than some other posters on this forum however I would have played that situation a little differently. But again, total fluke goal. I was watching the game with a former player and both of us were yelling pinch the whole time.

This is great arm chair quarterbacking! It was a fluke goal and it was played fine. The shot was blocked onto a stick of a rushing attacker that made a perfect shot. Blaming one person in these instances are what lynch mob fans that have little hockey knowledge do best. It was the same thing that happened to Finley when he flipped the puck out of the rink in the regionals back in the day. What people failed to realize then is that he cleared the puck out of harms way and that if the puck isn't on end and is 6 inches lower, it catches the glass and they would have won the game.

Good post! There are things in his game that many people don't see that set him apart from many college defensemen. I will admit at times his effort appeared subpar, but some of that was what you were referring to in your post and wasn't always what it seemed. He is a very good hockey player and would be a huge part of the team next year. Unfortunately for us Sioux fans, he will go the way of Forbort, Smaby, etc. and leave early to spend time developing in the AHL.

For those that are down on Schmaltz I will say this, go watch a practice and drills etc. His talent no doubt stands out above the rest on many many drills.

Schmaltz is one of the best all around D men we've had in a long time. Played in all situations, incredibly smooth skater, and was the one of the better puck movers on the team. There is a reason the guy was on the top d pair all three years.

• Upvote 4

This is great arm chair quarterbacking! It was a fluke goal and it was played fine. The shot was blocked onto a stick of a rushing attacker that made a perfect shot. Blaming one person in these instances are what lynch mob fans that have little hockey knowledge do best. It was the same thing that happened to Finley when he flipped the puck out of the rink in the regionals back in the day. What people failed to realize then is that he cleared the puck out of harms way and that if the puck isn't on end and is 6 inches lower, it catches the glass and they would have won the game.

Agreed. But I have played the game a little and that's how he should have played it perfectly. If there was 5 minutes on the clock I agree he could have played it the way he played it and everything should have been fine. We'll agree to disagree then, I try not to knock my favorites.