SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ Western Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Finley threw the puck out of play with 3 Secones left, keeping the face off in our end, then the goal. Team gave up the goal on a horrible setup by the giant goof.

Ummm...it seemed like a 15 minute review to see whether or not the puck was out of the zone before it went into the stands...if that face-off is outside the Sioux zone, Finley's a hero.

Back on topic, big OT win. Way to save the day, Drake.

How are you all able to climb back on the bandwagon after breaking ankles jumping off?  Quite a feat.

Excuse me, but pointing out that we frittered away a 2 goal lead for the second consecutive Saturday is not "jumping off" the bandwagon.  It's stating a fact.  And it has become a disturbing trend for this team when they have a one or two goal lead in the third period.

Being objective does not make someone a bandwagon jumper.

Anyone else think Western Mich. is a very good team?  I think they physically out-played ND this weekend, but ND stuck with the tenacious game plan and snuck enough goals in through hard work to sweep.  This weekend should help UND play stronger down the stretch.

Not happy about giving up the lead but nice job of refocusing and getting the win in OT. The team has been pretty solid with the lead most of the season but 2 Saturday's in a row is a little concerning but I'm confident the coaches will address the issue and expect there may be an increased focus on 6-on-5 situations in practice this week. Only was listening to TH but sounded like both of the Western Michigan goals came in kind of scramble situations and the 2nd one was soon after Caggiula had hit the crossbar so it didn't really sound to me like they were just sitting back like sometimes is the case with teams.

Great pass by MATTSON! Just get that puck to drake and he can bury it Oshie style with that backhand wow. Just like 8 did last night on his backhander!

JEWELS deserves an personal assistant, bodyguard and a private jet to Canada when need be

He's been big time

Anyone else think Western Mich. is a very good team?  I think they physically out-played ND this weekend, but ND stuck with the tenacious game plan and snuck enough goals in through hard work to sweep.  This weekend should help UND play stronger down the stretch.

I think they are a physical team and that is really about it. Not a whole lot of skill and run around to try to throw hits more than they should. They are a team I wouldn't be concerned with at all facing again in the playoffs.

I think they are a physical team and that is really about it. Not a whole lot of skill and run around to try to throw hits more than they should. They are a team I wouldn't be concerned with at all facing again in the playoffs.

I'd hate to play them in the playoffs because the injury risk would be through the roof.