SiouxSports.com Forum

Thoughts after Omaha -- What the NCHC should change

The Sicatoka

Which, in my humble opinion, looks better than this...

20140124_102841_denver-pioneers.jpg

Denver doesn't help matters by throwing the USA flag on their other side.  Throw in an A or a C and that's a fuster-cluck of patches on their jerseys.  I don't have pictures of Merrimack's jerseys but I like that they put flag patches on the back of the jersey right above the nameplate.  The flags are of the specific country that the particular player wearing that jersey is from.  Pretty cool.

They actually took the names off when we were in the WCHA. Can't remember what year but they used to be there. Anonymity is the reason. We still know #3,#4,and #33.

I hear you runaroundsioux but when we went to the UND/Bemidji State women's game a few weeks ago, we noticed that the officials' names were on their backs, that's why I mentioned it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that.

Get rid of the 3 point system

Ban shootouts, it's just a gimmick

Add in net goal cameras like the NHL (it's a dream and never will happen).

Have a in house replay official and/or a conference "war room" like the NHL.

Have 15 or 20 minute 5 on 5 overtimes and no 4 on 4 overtimes.

Since some are not happy with the Frozen Faceoff being at the Target Center, and I don't see an opportunity at the Xcel Energy Center until the new Red Wings Arena is built. The United Center wouldn't be a bad idea for the conference tournament.

I like that put the tournament in the heart of Big Ten 

Get rid of the 3 point system

Ban shootouts, it's just a gimmick

Add in net goal cameras like the NHL (it's a dream and never will happen).

Have a in house replay official and/or a conference "war room" like the NHL.

Have 15 or 20 minute 5 on 5 overtimes and no 4 on 4 overtimes.

Since some are not happy with the Frozen Faceoff being at the Target Center, and I don't see an opportunity at the Xcel Energy Center until the new Red Wings Arena is built. The United Center wouldn't be a bad idea for the conference tournament.

I'm thinking the conference wants to keep the tournament within easy driving distance for the schools that are most likely to send fans so it can be a last minute decision for the casual fan. 

I agree on that, WMU and Michigan State both could have won had their games not been outdoors.

Why is that? I would think that defensive-minded teams would like outdoor ice - especially since sloppy ice would slow down fast opponents who like to run-and-gun.

• Upvote 1

Why is that? I would think that defensive-minded teams would like outdoor ice - especially since sloppy ice would slow down fast opponents who like to run-and-gun.

Michigan State stopped Michigan's high scoring offense at the Joe. The best strategy for outdoor games is to throw everything at the net. 

Michigan State stopped Michigan's high scoring offense at the Joe. The best strategy for outdoor games is to throw everything at the net.

They're 1-1 against Michigan at The Joe this season.

Western Michigan, on the other hand, passed up a home game to play outside in Chicago.