SiouxSports.com Forum

Omaha road trip questions

Redneksioux

Handful of bars around the arena, pre-game party is typically next door at the Mattress Factory.  Their arena is huge (Creighton also plays basketball there).  Don't think they've ever came close to selling out unless they have a bunch of the upper deck blocked off.  Even then, can't see an issue getting a ticket.

Old Market area is within walking distance to the arena and has a bunch of great restaurants and bars as well.

Easily one of my favorite road trips and a pretty easy drive.

Handful of bars around the arena, pre-game party is typically next door at the Mattress Factory.  Their arena is huge (Creighton also plays basketball there).  Don't think they've ever came close to selling out unless they have a bunch of the upper deck blocked off.  Even then, can't see an issue getting a ticket.

Old Market area is within walking distance to the arena and has a bunch of great restaurants and bars as well.

Easily one of my favorite road trips and a pretty easy drive.

Recommend Spencer's at the Hilton Garden Inn, just south of the arena.  

Awesome thank you for the info. Just booked my room at the Hilton attached to the arena. Standard king rate is 89 per night. Attention sioux fans-aaa rate is $71 per night(all you need to do is ask for it!)but holy batman taxes are almost 20%! Must be a Nebraska thing!

Stumbling distance from both the arena and the Matress Factory!!  Nice work! :)

• Upvote 1

Went last year for the outdoor game….will be there this year for both nights….got a room at Hilton. Last year the Sioux party was at the Mattress Factory, crossing fingers for good driving weather last year was a bit below average on the way home :p 

• Upvote 1

Sioux gathering is at the Old Mattress Factory. After the game, just about any of the sports bars around the arena are full of Sioux fans. The bars and hotels love Sioux weekend. It is their best weekend of the winter.

There shouldn't be a problem with getting tickets late, although your alternatives will be fewer. Bought ours a week and a half ago and we are at center ice.

• Upvote 1

Mattress Factory was an amazing bar. Sweet nachos. There was a cool Irish place in that downtown area, but for some reason, I can't remember the name... :S

Are you thinking The Dubliner??? Cool Irish basement pub... I recommend it.

Upstream Brewing has awesome burgers & craft beers as well.

• Upvote 1

Mattress Factory was an amazing bar. Sweet nachos. There was a cool Irish place in that downtown area, but for some reason, I can't remember the name... :S

There are two of them 5-6 blocks from the Hilton. The Dubliner is at 1205 Harney and O'Connor's is at 1217 Howard. We were at one of them as well but I can't remember for sure which one. I am thinking it was the Dubliner.

The Hilton has a shuttle that will drop you off anywhere in the Old Market area.  Get the phone number and they will come pick you up. Just tip a few bucks and the drivers will do anything they can for ya.  Not sure how late they run, but the 6-8 block walk can get a little chilly when the Nebraska wind blows.

The Hilton has a shuttle that will drop you off anywhere in the Old Market area.  Get the phone number and they will come pick you up. Just tip a few bucks and the drivers will do anything they can for ya.  Not sure how late they run, but the 6-8 block walk can get a little chilly when the Nebraska wind blows.

Also it can get rather slippery and don't want anyone to fall and hurt themselves...

Last year the local turnout was extremely weak considering it was a hyped up outdoor event. Got tickets a few months back had no problem selecting lower bowl seats, $25 any lower bowl, got seats right behind Sioux bench even on the aisle one of the nights, looking forward to great series and Sioux sweep

• Upvote 1