SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Nigeria falls friday gameday thread

gfhockey

I'm pretty sure we have a goalie that can put us on his back and win us a title.

You can't win if you can't score.  Zane is having a great game and is playing well overall.  I would be happy to see a shutout tonight.  I am more happy to see everybody scoring though.....

Great result for UND tonight.  One question - why the heck would you keep Zane in for the whole game, after you go up 6-0?  Big mistake, IMO, to lose a golden opportunity to get minutes for your backup goalies. 

And, of course, Zane gives up a softie, anyway.  Seems like he is a bit cursed, in terms of getting a SO.

Really solid game tonight really thought the D combo of Ausmus and Schmaltz played well together and seems like they have got better every game they've played together. The defensemen as a whole are always pretty active but there seemed to be even more of it than usual tonight and a lot of that probably had to do with the opponent but it is very fun to see the skill we have on the backend. Tough break for Zane on the goal to ruin the shutout looked like it really handcuffed him. Wouldn't mind seeing Simonson get in the lineup for Murphy tomorrow night and also wouldn't be surprised if Johnson got the start in net.  

Great result for UND tonight.  One question - why the heck would you keep Zane in for the whole game, after you go up 6-0?  Big mistake, IMO, to lose a golden opportunity to get minutes for your backup goalies. 

And, of course, Zane gives up a softie, anyway.  Seems like he is a bit cursed, in terms of getting a SO.

Blame BC Blues. :p

Probably letting him go for the shutout also wouldn't be surprised if they just planned to give Cam the start tomorrow instead.

Can't lose. The entire season depends on a healthy McIntire so don't worry about Johnson right now. I think Simonson needs to get in the lineup again. LJ takes bad penalties, so maybe sit him. Murphy doesn't bring much, so could sit him. Nick S. looked off tonight but he will recover. I would still like to see Caggiula back with parks and Mark Mac. They were one of the best lines in the country the first half of the season.

Can't lose. The entire season depends on a healthy McIntire so don't worry about Johnson right now. I think Simonson needs to get in the lineup again. LJ takes bad penalties, so maybe sit him. Murphy doesn't bring much, so could sit him. Nick S. looked off tonight but he will recover. I would still like to see Caggiula back with parks and Mark Mac. They were one of the best lines in the country the first half of the season.

We've scored 12 goals in two games with that lineup. I don't see much necessity for wholesale changes tomorrow.

We've scored 12 goals in two games with that lineup. I don't see much necessity for wholesale changes tomorrow.

These two games count for nothing. Get the sweep over with and keep everyone healthy. Duluth showed us how we need to play against good teams. Playing Niagra is a glorified scrimmage.