SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD

AZSIOUX

I'm not so sure there's anything to laugh at there.....the Bulldogs may be the best team UND faces thus year. And a Bulldog sweep is a real possibility.

UND sweep: 15%

UMD sweep: 15%

SPLIT: 80%

MATH: NDSU

I concur on UMD possibly being the best team UND has faced all season long thus far...but a Gopher fan jumping in to predict a sweep is pretty hilarious.  Given a home 3-2 loss to Merrimack and a 3-2 OT win against RIT, I think our friends to the east have bigger things to worry about than UND's opponent this coming weekend. 

I concur on UMD possibly being the best team UND has faced all season long thus far...but a Gopher fan jumping in to predict a sweep is pretty hilarious.  Given a home 3-2 loss to Merrimack and a 3-2 OT win against RIT, I think our friends to the east have bigger things to worry about than UND's opponent this coming weekend.

I honestly believe Duluth is the best team in the west this year.

I'm not so sure there's anything to laugh at there.....the Bulldogs may be the best team UND faces thus year. And a Bulldog sweep is a real possibility.

UND sweep: 15%

UMD sweep: 15%

SPLIT: 80%

MATH: NDSU

UMD may be the best team we have played so far this year but I would put the chances of UND sweeping much higher than Duluth pulling off the sweep. My prediction is a Sioux sweep 4-1 Friday and 3-2 Saturday and that Farley dives all over the place and runs his mouth all weekend.

I honestly believe Duluth is the best team in the west this year.

UMD very well could be. They've played so well in November and December. I will be stunned if UMD gets swept, they're just a good road team. Thinking it will most likely be a split but UMD took care of business in St. Cloud (for the first time in 15 years) and perhaps they'll do the same (they last swept in Grand Forks in the 90's sometime I think).

I'm assuming that because UND didn't have their usual slow start in the first half that they will do the opposite and have a bad second half. ;)

Question for you guys... How much is parking? I would normally park at my old fraternity on campus and walk, but with the little one, that'd be a cold walk, methinks.

Doesn't Sigma Nu still provide free limo service to and from the rink for its alumni?

This is where this hockey team starts to build its case for a high seed in the tourney.  UND can make a statement this weekend with a strong showing.  Duluth is a tough team who have beaten a few teams that were rated number one in the nation at one time or another.  One weekend does not define a team, but it can sure help the team figure its makeup.

Biddco--Lots of places will bus you to/fro the game.  Also included are BWW, El Rocco, Southgate, Knights of Columbus, and Rumor (I think?).  Best way to travel for games at REA.  I think this series will be a split but if the Sioux are as good as rated (#2), they need to dig deep and play two real solid games and sweep a real good team at home (I don

't think that's happened yet?).   

Biddco--Lots of places will bus you to/fro the game. Also included are BWW, El Rocco, Southgate, Knights of Columbus, and Rumor (I think?). Best way to travel for games at REA. I think this series will be a split but if the Sioux are as good as rated (#2), they need to dig deep and play two real solid games and sweep a real good team at home (I don

't think that's happened yet?).

New No. 1... Just sayin :)

Should be a fun weekend I've always liked this match up through the WCHA days. Growing up in bemidji young the UMD games were always on tv. At the time they were my 2nd fav team. They have shifted to 4th after UND, ASU and BSU :)

Thanks to biddco and the others with the UMD scouting report. UMD sounds like they have 12 forwards who can play like UND. I'm picking nick schmaltz to have a big weekend after a week rest. Go sioux!

The Prpich peluso fight was an old timer!

Question for you guys... How much is parking? I would normally park at my old fraternity on campus and walk, but with the little one, that'd be a cold walk, methinks.

We park west of the Betty for 10 per night, getting there hour before gametime and have usually got to park in the close spots. Bit of a walk, don't be too early or you have to walk around to the front of the building.

We park west of the Betty for 10 per night, getting there hour before gametime and have usually got to park in the close spots. Bit of a walk, don't be too early or you have to walk around to the front of the building.

Or you could park by the university park and pay nothing, cant be that much longer of a walk