SiouxSports.com Forum

Hooker

bincitysioux

• 4 weeks later...

I really think him and Shanks can be a great combo.  Hooker seems to know where to put passes and Shanks looks like he can get position down low.  They've had a few nice connections and drive and dumps, though a couple of the passes have been a little too hard but were there.  Hopefully they can keep it up.  And I agree that Hooker needs to take more shots.

I really think him and Shanks can be a great combo.  Hooker seems to know where to put passes and Shanks looks like he can get position down low.  They've had a few nice connections and drive and dumps, though a couple of the passes have been a little too hard but were there.  Hopefully they can keep it up.  And I agree that Hooker needs to take more shots.

I think we have 2 key pieces for the next 2.5 years.  Now we need to build on that, hopefully Geno and Seales are the next pieces for next year.  The guards will be fun to watch once again next year. 

• 3 weeks later...

College game is really starting to slow down for him. I think I agree in that he could challenge for conference POY in 2 years. I think he is quite a bit further along at being a complete player (scoring, defense, sharing the ball, being a leader) than Huff at the same stage in his sophomore year. Seems to have a great head on his shoulders as well.

I've said it before. but our guards next year with Hooker TDR Tyler, Crandall, and Seales could be really good. Also will be good having TDR and Tyler as Seniors so the two Fr can grow into their roles. To add to 24/7  comment on Crandall, I know it's been said before but he is not redshirting because of lack of talent..He has the potential to be all conference caliber from what I've heard. 

Crandall has it all. None of our starting 3 guards can stop him in practice. He will have a great career for us in the next 4 years. Hooker will continue to get better. He's the leader on the team and has great vision. As previously mentioned, if he could shoot the 3 more consistently and shoot more often he could become a greater threat. We are positioned to make some noise in the BSC the next few years!

Crandall has it all. None of our starting 3 guards can stop him in practice. He will have a great career for us in the next 4 years. Hooker will continue to get better. He's the leader on the team and has great vision. As previously mentioned, if he could shoot the 3 more consistently and shoot more often he could become a greater threat. We are positioned to make some noise in the BSC the next few years!

Hooker can't stop him? Surprised beings Hooker plays some great defense and has strength but Geno has the height.

I agree that we should be set at guard for the next few years (although I wish we had more size there) and we should be set at the 5 as well. However, we need to find a couple of bangers at the 4 or our rebounding challenges will continue. I don't think there are any on the current roster and we don't have scholarship $ available to go find any (unless someone doesn't return).

Seales likely play the 3 next season where UND needs help.   Brickstine is a finesse forward who is pretty skilled and athletic and should be a solid 4.   Rebounding looks to be weak again next season but the teams skill level should improve.  Extra team summer practice and Euro tour should provide a a glimpse of how the 3 key new guys  Seales, Brickstine and Geno fit in.

• 4 weeks later...

Hooker is clearly our best player, its not even close. My question is what does he have to do in his junior and senior season to get looks from the NBA and possibly being drafted? I think it is probably a long shot beings he doesn't have much height and probably isn't fast enough to overcome that. I just think it is interesting to think about.

He has been worth the price of admission alone all year. Really enjoy watching him play. He took over in the second half yesterday, more of that would be just fine.

Hope he keeps works on his outside shooting, would really round out his game.

I'd guess Lillard would be a good comparison for where he needs to be to get a shot.