SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver

AZSIOUX

UND swept LSSU at home his past weekend while DU split @ Cornell

One best trips and road crowds you'll see in college hockey. Every year Magness turns green for a weekend! GO SIOUX

***cags tied 3rd nation points with 21 (parks 19)

*** Mac cags and pattyn all tied nation lead short handed goals with 2

***zane tied nation lead in wins with 12 (Phillips from mich tech also with 12)

***zane leads nation in minutes (988:48)

***UND 11th nation 3.41 gpg/DU tied 12th 3.38

***UND 12th nation 2.12 GAA / DU 22nd 2.23

***UND PP 23.08 10th nation / DU 25.86 5th

***UND PK 88% 14th / DU PK 84.7% 27th

***UND 13.47 PIM 19th / DU 16.92 5th

***UND leads nation 8 shorties(next at 5)

My weekly award OTFSHPOW:)

***ausmus, Olson, pogs and Simonson win old time sioux hockey players of week. Threw some nice hits and all out every shift! Olson is looking like a brad Malone type! That's a good thing!

UND (7th pairwise as of Sunday)

12-3-2 overall

5-2-1-0 NCHC

DU (11th pairwise as of Sunday)

9-4-0 overall

3-2-0-0 NCHC

This one has split written all over it however I'm obviously hoping for a split.  

Anyone hear any news on Stetcher?  If it wasn't a break hopefully it wasn't a high ankle sprain.  That could linger all season long.  Lucky the boys get a big long break after next weekend.

GoalieMask was asking me about bars close to Magness to hang out before and after the games as he'll be coming out for the series. Thought I'd share my response for anyone else coming to Denver...

Yah, there's some fun bars within walking distance of Magness Arena! Spanky's Urban Roadhouse, Crimson & Gold Bar, and The Pioneer are just a few that are nearby and will be packed with UND and DU fans! My advice is to arrive early though, otherwise you'll be lucky if you can find a place to stand! Have fun and let's hope UND wins!

Dan

Yah, they are a very well- balanced team. They're getting production from their upper class men-Daniel Doremus, Joey LaLeggia, Quenton Shore, Zac Larraza, and Nolan Zajac but their leading scorer is a freshman by the name of Danton Heinen. This kid is for real, watched him in the CC series as well as Wisconsin and he played like a senior. I get it-the competition wasn't very good but he's getting points against good teams too like BC and Duluth.

Anyone have scouting on du? Elite impact players?? Style? Haven't seen them this season at all and they seem like a very solid team. Thanks

Their new goalie, Cowley, seems to have been their surprise as they were worried about losing their experience in net.  Also, it seems like their defenseman LaLeggia burns us most every time we play them. In my opinion, he's one of the better shots in the country, at least as far as dmen go.

Anyone have scouting on du? Elite impact players?? Style? Haven't seen them this season at all and they seem like a very solid team. Thanks

Statistically, Denver 11th nationally in scoring offense, scoring 3.38 goals per game. Denver is ranked 22nd nationally in defense giving up 2.43 goals per game.

Their schedule isn't very impressive so far. Denver’s opponents have a combined record of (37-54-5, .411).

Statistically, Denver 11th nationally in scoring offense, scoring 3.38 goals per game. Denver is ranked 22nd nationally in defense giving up 2.43 goals per game.

Their schedule isn't very impressive so far. Denver’s opponents have a combined record of (37-54-5, .411).

Uh yeah i wrote all the stats in first topic of post ha.
  • Upvote 3

GoalieMask was asking me about bars close to Magness to hang out before and after the games as he'll be coming out for the series. Thought I'd share my response for anyone else coming to Denver...

Yah, there's some fun bars within walking distance of Magness Arena! Spanky's Urban Roadhouse, Crimson & Gold Bar, and The Pioneer are just a few that are nearby and will be packed with UND and DU fans! My advice is to arrive early though, otherwise you'll be lucky if you can find a place to stand! Have fun and let's hope UND wins!

Dan

It isn't in walking distance, but The Campus Lounge is a great hockey bar. About 2 miles straight north of Magness on University.

I'd say roughly 30-40%. It's crazy how much green is in the stands and how loud UND fans can get. Of course, when DU scores, their fans can get pretty loud too!

When you watch the games on TV, it looks like it's more.

Always a great series and as pointed out quite impressive UND fan turnout. I look forward to this weekend every year.

A good place to grab a great burger and beers before the game is the Cherry Cricket. Kind of our Friday before the game spot and a lot of UND fans go there. Brad S and the GF Herald crew are usually there as well.

Go Sioux!