SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR 2014-2015

jimdahl

Not if we cheer loudly enough for the Spartans tonight and tomorrow.

One loss will put them on the bubble and get that thread churning again.

A sweep drops them to 18-19, which would probably result in a full fledged GPL meltdown :D

The vision sure is beautiful, isn't it?

This week's Bracketology.

Protect the #1 seed:

East Regional (Providence):
13 Bowling Green vs. 4 Miami
12 Providence vs. 5 Michigan Tech

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
14 St. Cloud State vs. 3 Minnesota-Duluth
11 Quinnipiac vs. 6 Boston University

Midwest Regional (South Bend):
16 Robert Morris vs. 1 Minnesota State
9 Boston College vs. 8 Omaha

West Regional (Fargo):
15 Michigan vs. 2 North Dakota
10 Minnesota vs. 7 Denver

Moved for no 1st round conf matchups:

East Regional (Providence):
13 Bowling Green vs. 4 Miami
12 Providence vs. 5 Michigan Tech

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
15 Michigan vs. 3 Minnesota-Duluth
11 Quinnipiac vs. 6 Boston University

Midwest Regional (South Bend):
14 St. Cloud State vs. 1 Minnesota State
9 Boston College vs. 8 Omaha

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Robert Morris vs. 2 North Dakota
10 Minnesota vs. 7 Denver

That first west regional with UND, UM, UMN, and DU would be a crazy bracket of death.
The second version with the RMU draw in first round would definitely be more favorable, but still a very tough 2nd game to advance to F4 against either UMN or DU assuming a victory against a man named Robert.

Not if we cheer loudly enough for the Spartans tonight and tomorrow.

One loss will put them on the bubble and get that thread churning again.

A sweep drops them to 18-19, which would probably result in a full fledged GPL meltdown :D

Followed by Jupiter closing a thread. :) 

UND's lead over Minnesota State is a razor thin 58.97 to 58.83 in RPI.

If those were the only two games played tonight, Minnesota St gets enough of an additional RPI bonus from beating Mich Tech that Minnesota State would retake #1 if both Minnesota St and UND win. If both lose, however, UND keeps the lead.

Of course, those aren't the only two games being played tonight, and the margins are thin enough that something else could flip.

Think for a second how odd this conversation would have seemed just a few years ago--UND sharing first place votes with Mankato and Tech.  With Michigan and Minnesota playing with the bubble and Maine and Wisconsin nowhere in sight. 

At some point, the sun has got to run out of shine for Minnesota's dog-a**, right? #14 after their loss yesterday and after some of today's games, but thanks to Bowling Green's loss to Alaska, they move back up to #11. Simply unbelievable. Goldy should be buried somewhere around 20-25 but they keep hanging on because so damn many other teams are wetting the bed.

Ohio State, for the love of all that is holy in college hockey, please score one for the 35-50something PWR teams next weekend.

Miami (UND's opponent next week) is enough tougher than Bemidji St (Mankato's opponent next week) that UND should have the edge if both emerge with comparable weekend records. Both are road series, so wins will be overweighted and losses underweighted. 

Of course, as we saw this weekend, it's so close that other things could change and offset that advantage.

At some point, the sun has got to run out of shine for Minnesota's dog-a**, right? #14 after their loss yesterday and after some of today's games, but thanks to Bowling Green's loss to Alaska, they move back up to #11. Simply unbelievable. Goldy should be buried somewhere around 20-25 but they keep hanging on because so damn many other teams are wetting the bed.

Ohio State, for the love of all that is holy in college hockey, please score one for the 35-50something PWR teams next weekend.

You're seem a bit obsessed with Minnesota's Pairwise ranking. :)  Seems like half your posts on here or on GPL are complaining about Minnesota being where they are. 

You're seem a bit obsessed with Minnesota's Pairwise ranking. :) Seems like half your posts on here or on GPL are complaining about Minnesota being where they are.

I would have gladly pointed it out had the same thing happened to Michigan or BC, but the fact is, nobody has survived more PWR hand grenades being lobbed at them than your Gophers.

I just realized if Michigan St wins the big 10 tourney, we could play them in the 1st rd if we are the 1st overall seed. The reason being is that they are currently below Robert Morris in the pairwise. It's mind-blowing that a team 32nd in pairwise is winning the Big 10 conference right now

That's one team I'd prefer to stay away from come tournament time.  Hildebrand is a goalie more than capable of stealing a game.  

If the option is them or someone like Minnesota I'll take Michigan State every time.

Not this year you wouldn't.  I've seen enough of Minnesota this season and that team is fine crystal fragile.  A 6-1 or 7-2 beatdown in Fargo would result in a lot of Goldy fans finding a new use for those .6 t-shirts - and that would be to dry their 2014-2015 NCAA-championship-or-bust-expectations tears with.  

Not this year you wouldn't.  I've seen enough of Minnesota this season and that team is fine crystal fragile.  A 6-1 or 7-2 beatdown in Fargo would result in a lot of Goldy fans finding a new use for those .6 t-shirts - and that would be to dry their 2014-2015 NCAA-championship-or-bust-expectations tears with.  

I've seen plenty of both teams and I still would rather face Michigan State. I know Minnesota has been pretty average along with the rest of the B1G and yesterday they looked completely disinterested against Ohio State but they still have a bunch of talent that I think will put it together at some point and I don't want them to put it together against us.

I guess we agree to disagree, SiouxScore. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Hak wouldn't even need a pre-game pep talk for the team. Just pop in the .6 video and then watch the magic happen when the green machine takes the ice five minutes later.

• Upvote 1