SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Mayville State

SWSiouxMN

They got off to a slow start, but I felt they looked pretty good after the first 12 minutes or so.  They won by 37, which is exactly what they should do to Mayville.  They shot 47% from the field and 39% from beyond the arc which is pretty darn good.  Should not have that many turnovers though against an NAIA school, and as usual nobody on the team has ever been taught to box out.

Hard to tell much from a game like this, but was fun to see a few of the new guys.  I like Coleman's game.  He's athletic and can hit the open jumper.  Cashman is also pretty athletic for a big man.  He moves well.  I think he may have a bright future as he gets stronger.  De Rouen looks pretty good defensively, and really hustles.  Nash and Hooker look to be the leaders of this team.

I think they look like they'll be OK and should get better as the season goes on.  Lots of good athletes.  I think they'll be top half in the Big Sky and will definately make the conference tournament.

Hooker looks a lot leaner this year than last. I liked the way he attacked the rim and I think he's due for a breakout. I too like Coleman a lot. I wish Cashman would have looked for his offensive game a little bit more. He's really our only hope for a big until Shanks is eligible. Also, I heard that Stefan is academically ineligible and needs to do a lot of work before he has a chance to return. De Rouen looks like a real competitor but had a tough time with fouls. Although I said they looked bad, I am truly excited to see this team this year with all the new faces.

Hooker looks a lot leaner this year than last. I liked the way he attacked the rim and I think he's due for a breakout. I too like Coleman a lot. I wish Cashman would have looked for his offensive game a little bit more. He's really our only hope for a big until Shanks is eligible. Also, I heard that Stefan is academically ineligible and needs to do a lot of work before he has a chance to return. De Rouen looks like a real competitor but had a tough time with fouls. Although I said they looked bad, I am truly excited to see this team this year with all the new faces.

wouldn't they just say that stefan is academically suspended instead of the vague "breaking university somthing"...this is the third school for the young guy...?

de rouen is gonna be a defensive nightmare for the big sky this year..very very quick...can't wait to see tyler and him play together...