SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VS WSU GDT

geaux_sioux

McFeely will take stabs at both UND and NDSU because that creates interest in his show. But when push comes to shove, it is very obvious which bed he is sleeping in. He has a strategy, but it is really easy to see through the smoke screen, where his heart is. He is arrogant enough that he thinks he is fooling people.

if you think McFeely is pro-NDSU, you should probably lay off the dope for a while.

Show me how he is not. Craig Bohl and Gene Taylor slapped him on the wrist a few years ago and now he would blow every person with power on the FU campus. FU fans like yourself don't like when he reports news from campus however if they did any digging there would be a lot more to report but they might get grounded from practice if they do.

McFeely is a guy that makes me take past advice into action.

The advice was received long ago from a man who worked at KFYR Bismarck and he said every radio has two knobs: one to change channels, one to turn it off. 

When McFeely comes on I use one of the radio knobs.  

Do you have a bunch of plays Rudolph could use to try and gain big yards?  Maybe plays that can get guys like Young open, who run 4.7 fortys and can't separate from anybody?  They have zero playmakers out there on offense now that McGill and Ferguson left the team, and Ferguson was hurt half the season.  The rest of the receivers are average speed and can't get off a jam or separate.  

Oh, and Rudolph knows his QB will have about 2-3 seconds to get the pass off so factor that in, also.  

Oh, and the QB can't run the ball ever because if he gets hurt they will be down to a walk-on who they didn't want to play in the first place.

Hey UND 1 and Big Game.......sorry if I offended your daddy. Didn't realize Rudolph had such a dedicated following until his two sons posted. UND IS LAST IN THE FOLLOWING OFFENSIVE CATEGORIES: Scoring Offense, Total Offense, Rushing Offense, Passing Efficiency, 1st downs, and 3rd down conversions. They are second to last in passing offense. Northern Colorado has given up 44 sacks compared to UND's 22 yet they are averaging over a 100 yards/game more than UND. I'm not looking for big plays, just plays that are run knowing the situation. If he has 2-3 seconds (as you say), then throw quick hitters, move the pocket, be creative. If the QB can't run because you're scared he will be injured, why the hell did they pull his redshirt and bother playing him? I guess the bigger question is not if he pissed in my Wheaties.....it's what you two have seen that gives you the impression he is any good? You have to be able to coach the hand your are dealt......they just lost to Weber State and they will lose their last two games. I stand corrected....That Rudolph is a genius.

• Upvote 1

Give him better talent at WR and a season where everyone doesn't get injured and I'm sure the stats from his offense will nearly win your approval. He hasn't been perfect by any means but I like what I see from time to time. I can guarantee that his playbook has barely been opened up this year. Give him and this program time. If it's this bad at the end of next year there will be cause for concern.

I think there are few games where the playing calling was pretty decent, and I agree there have been some others that have been questionable at times.  Play calling has to be tough with this offense, especially now when you don't really trust much of anything.  The first play with Studsrud.......guess what he did...he threw a pass (I bet you didn't see that one coming).  But when you start throwing picks you have to dial it back.  I know what your saying though, find some plays that fit him and find some things to keep the defense off balance, short passes.....whatever.  I think he did start doing that in a few games in the middle of the season, and we were just starting to make some progress.  It's almost like the chicken and the egg.....which one has to be good first?  Do they actually have to execute and catch the ball and get a first down to improve the play calling, or does the play calling have to improve to get us a first down.  I blame a majority of it on execution.  If you start running the ball at 3-4 yards a crack, catch the ball when you are wide open and get a first down......that sure makes things a lot easier.  Calling plays for the train wreck of an offense at this point can't be easy, I have no ties to Rudolph at all......but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.......for now.

I think the jury is still out on Rudolph, but for all those doubting the play-calling, tell me one player on the team that is currently an all-conference type offensive player. There is no one. In the Big Sky Conference, UND doesn't have a single student-athlete that would be considered a top 3 positional player amongst the other Big Sky clubs. Way better talent is needed for UND.

2014 UND Football summed up in one sentence: "We have no talent."

Yah they do, Sioux Nation said so.  The offensive coordinator just doesn't know how to play calls for all those dudes they trot out there every week.   :silly:

Anyone else notice what happens to offensive coordinators that try to call plays with no talent on the field?  They get fired, leave or are going to be fired.  

Norm Chow went to the big island but Reggie Bush, Matt Leinert, and Carson Palmer didn't come with him.  They went 1-11 last year and are averaging 20 pts/game this year.  He SUCKS as an offensive coordinator/HC, right?

June Jones couldn't get SMU past midfield this year and finally quit.  What a loser.  Why didn't he "move the pocket" more?

Michigan hired away Doug Nussmeier from Alabama to re-charge their offense.  They are averaging 20 pts/game.  

(P.S. - Not comparing Rudolph to the above coaches, either.  Just pointing out that you need talent to score points, not a great offensive mind.)

• Upvote 1

So now I have pissed in your cornflakes!   :silly:

I guess we should all bow down to your expertise because you have clearly looked hard at all aspects of the situation.  I certainly don't agree with all the calls but I also don't see how we could do much differently in the situation and hope to be effective.  The last two games we have had a lot of dropped passes and interceptions.  Turning the ball over and giving the opponent short field situation is a way to make certain this team doesn't win again this season.  

Oh, and you called him an "ass" that really tells us where your opinion is coming from.  I bet you are being really constructive in your criticism.