SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bucky - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

I just posted this on another thread but wanted to ask everyone here if it means anything to them that Air Force lost at home last night to Alabama-Huntsville 4-2, less than a week after being 29 seconds away from beating UND, a top five team, on the road. Is Huntsville that good or are we a little over-rated?

Check out Andy Johnson's assessment of apparently the greatest travesty in the history of hockey ever from last night's game...

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey/2014/11/7/7176631/wisconsin-north-dakota-hockey-recap

Could have been a delay of game penalty on wisco. Guy was laying on the puck freezing it. Bryn was attempting to break the puck loose with his stick, no elbow there at all

Could have been a delay of game penalty on wisco. Guy was laying on the puck freezing it. Bryn was attempting to break the puck loose with his stick, no elbow there at all

Someone oughta write to that guy and ask him if he fully understands what was transpieing during that play.

I just posted this on another thread but wanted to ask everyone here if it means anything to them that Air Force lost at home last night to Alabama-Huntsville 4-2, less than a week after being 29 seconds away from beating UND, a top five team, on the road. Is Huntsville that good or are we a little over-rated?

I wouldn't read too much into 1 game this time of year. We're 6-1-1 with one of the best d corps in the country and the most dangerous team shorthanded, so overrated might be pushing it.

Check out Andy Johnson's assessment of apparently the greatest travesty in the history of hockey ever from last night's game...

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisconsin-badgers-mens-hockey/2014/11/7/7176631/wisconsin-north-dakota-hockey-recap

I wonder why he doesn't mention that Hughes was laying on the puck trying to get a whistle because Wisconsin had been stuck in their own zone for a while. Wisconsin should just be thankful they didn't get called for a delay of game penalty on that play.

I wouldn't read too much into 1 game this time of year. We're 6-1-1 with one of the best d corps in the country and the most dangerous team shorthanded, so overrated might be pushing it.

Good point, it was just the first thing that struck me when I saw the AF score.

... and UND swept CC on the road fairly easy, who in turn swept Huntsville. Anyone can come up with some argument by comparing scores, so unless you actually play head to head, you never know how good you are, and even then it's when you play someone. Usually playing UND early in the year is more beneficial than playing them later, and then you also have injury factors.

Andy wasn't at the game so why is he reporting on it? Anyway...in person it was blatantly obvious that UND is about 3-4 goals better than Wisco right now. They lost over 250 pts from last year and it showed. If UND plays an A game tonight--- 5-1 UND. Zane wasn't happy with his game last night so I'd expect him to clamp down too.

My impressions from sec. 124 of Kohl.

St. Clair played like he wants the call every night.....and earned it last night. A catalyst of energy just flew around last night when the team needed a change of energy. Impressed. He should be in 2nite.

Zane seemed a bit...off....but maybe from boredom....seemed all uw goals came after long stretches of und domination.

Rumppel....I can't believe he is undrafted..I think he has a future...he kept that close and made some really nice saves.

The kohl center...

I really like coming hear.

It can be a better hockey experience than the Ralph.

The fans were eager to engage some in great conversation. ...some in passionate vocalization of their unhumbled opinion of the opposing squad.

The student section.....my god that is the golden example of what college hockey should be....

The interaction of the sioux fans is awesome throughout the crowd....there's like this special connection ..

Look forward to tonight.

Say hey.. if you see a fat guy in a green 1982 #22 Eades jersey.

St. Clair played like he wants the call every night.....and earned it last night. A catalyst of energy just flew around last night when the team needed a change of energy. Impressed. He should be in 2nite.

Zane seemed a bit...off....but maybe from boredom....seemed all uw goals came after long stretches of und domination.

Rumppel....I can't believe he is undrafted..I think he has a future...he kept that close and made some really nice saves.

The kohl center...

The fans were eager to engage some in great conversation. ...some in passionate vocalization of their unhumbled opinion of the opposing squad.

The student section.....my god that is the golden example of what college hockey should be....

The interaction of the sioux fans is awesome throughout the crowd....there's like this special connection ..

Look forward to tonight.

Did the student section single out a UND fan? That's always fun.

I moved to Wisconsin in 1992, when they were still playing at the Dane and Old Ralph. I felt that the old Ralph had a more intense atmosphere, but that the Badger crowd had more fun. Both were great college hockey experiences, and when you add in the rivalry, it doesn't get much better. That's partly why I prefer to see close hockey games between these two. Kick the gophers' arse, but I like to see great games with UW.

The kohl center...

Look forward to tonight.

Wisconsin has been the gold standard for student section for a while now. I've never been to a game there but I've heard plenty from friends who have.