Feb. 12	Montana			MidcoSN
Feb. 14	Montana State		FSN
Feb. 26	Northern Arizona	MidcoSN
Feb. 28	Southern Utah		FSN
Mar. 3	Omaha			FSN

• Upvote 1

Old news

They signed this contract same day volleyball signed there's

The only contract related to the televised games above is the FSN portion and yes, it has been signed for roughly a month, but the official list of games that were going to be televised hadn't been released yet nor was there a list put together of which away games would be televised.  Sorry if they %gobc was unable to provide that information to people before the official release went out.

FSN* or Fox College Sports? Remember, UND Hockey used to be on FCS. 

*Fox Sports North, formerly the all Gopher all the time channel, pre Big Ten Network.to

Talked to friend who works for FSN. They are trying to fill slots lost to big ten network. They do see this deal as a stepping stone into more coverage, including hockey. They do want to carry more basketball as well. He said, they realize they need to cover more area now to get more viewers and think the reach up at UND is good for them in attempt to get more viewers/sports.

(I know it sounds like sales jargon, but he said they definitely want to get UND product on air)

% gobc...tho im sure he (they) will elaborate more, after new contracts/airings are announced :-)

This is outstanding coverage for basketball and in the areas we want it for fan/recruiting exposure. 

When is the contract with Midco up and is FSN laying groundwork for something when that contract expires? 

We are currently in year 3 of a five a 5 year agreement.  Link.

I think it is absolutely fantastic to get all these basketball games on FSNorth.  Really need to figure out how to get hockey and the Big Sky football games on too.......

I find it interesting that UND is producing the games themselves for FSNorth, rather than just picking up a Midco feed.  Just means more games on TV which is great.

I can assure you we wont cancel the Midco contract....to big of a buy out plus I heard the money is already spoken for

so hockey wont be on FSN for 2 years......UNLESS this FSN deal pissed of Midco and they want to end ties with UND

The additional coverage will only drive up the price for the next contract.  Midco is not the only one knocking on UNDs door.

I can assure you we wont cancel the Midco contract....to big of a buy out plus I heard the money is already spoken for

so hockey wont be on FSN for 2 years......UNLESS this FSN deal pissed of Midco and they want to end ties with UND

I can assure you, you and whoever else, wont cancel the midco contract. It would be insane on their end. FSN would pay them for rights to broadcast games.

If ratings are good under this contract, FSN will look to air some football and DEFINITELY hockey games.

really?  You realize the deal is with fsn's ALTERNATE/PLUS channel and they will be carrying the local UND student produced productions as a filler because they need content right?  You ARE THE EXPERT i thought?   WHAT A F*CKING IDIOT!