SiouxSports.com Forum

FB Press Conference Tuesday 2/10

SiouxMeNow

I have to disagree that in the long run that the Ralph will not produce 2-3 times the revenue. I just don't see people continuing to come to the Ralph, especially if the men don't start to win a little more consistently......but I wonder even then because if people didn't come out to see the Beas' ,:silly: That atmosphere is just horrible and I really doubt people will keep coming to that many in the Ralph. Next year it is a 2-1 ratio of games with more in the Ralph.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically they used the press conference to try and sell their fundraising stuff because they knew a bunch of people would tune in to hear if they scheduled NDSU....good marketing.

The football schedule has no "wow" opponents. Ferris State? good one...

So 3 out of region NC opponents and Central *Washington* got lumped into a mid-west region.

So basically they used the press conference to try and sell their fundraising stuff because they knew a bunch of people would tune in to hear if they scheduled NDSU....good marketing.

So 3 out of region NC opponents and Central *Washington* got lumped into a mid-west region.

So Ferris State is the worst non-conference opponent, they were 6-5 last year and almost beat Saginaw at Saginaw, so they must have been a fairly good team. When your Bison finally get a schedule done and stop burning bridges with the people at the NoPlayoffsFor20YearsDome, then come talk. Our worst nonconference opponent will be better then your worst opponent, St. Mary's (CA), now there is a real good team.

Someone stated that the press conference also discussed a new fundraising drive. What was that all about?

I had hoped they might be announcing a new indoor practice facility. Apparently, not yet!

They were going to discuss either a now fundraising or ticket drive, or maybe both, I don't remember exactly what was said, but Sweeney mentioned it the other night.

Shows how much (or little) BF1234 knows about anything. While Ferris State isn't a 'wow' opponent, they obviously were good enough 4 seasons ago for a school that prides itself in playing a "tough non-conference schedule" in their opener. Seems Ferris State would look pretty good on that school's schedule about now. :silly:

This is beautiful. The ag school is the one that changes and they are bitching about us. You now have twice as many scholarships as us and want to play. The bisssssson are'nt even our biggest rival.......in any sport. I would say our biggest rival is in hockey with either the Gophers or the Badgers. D1 schools.....oh that's right, you guys wouldn't know anything about that.

Saint Mary's(d1) vs. Ferris (d2)...SM would win easy. Don't kid yourself.

Also, because we played them in ***1999*** means that they are a good team in ***2004***?!?! There's some good sioux logic for you.

I guess since we beat UND in 2001 that means that NDSU would have killed UND in 2004. No wonder they didn't want to schedule us.

:silly:

Ferris state is a fine opponent. But they aren't a "wow" opponent...which was more/less promised by UND marketing in a clever ploy to put hope that an UND/NDSU game was still possible...which was my point.

Also, because we played them in ***1999*** means that they are a good team in ***2004***?!?! There's some good sioux logic for you.

I guess since we beat UND in 2001 that means that NDSU would have killed UND in 2004. No wonder they didn't want to schedule us.

Ferris state is a fine opponent. But they aren't a "wow" opponent...which was more/less promised by UND marketing in a clever ploy to put hope that an UND/NDSU game was still possible...which was my point.

That's the last time your losers beat us in what 12 years except a playoff win? At least we didn't announce that we were going D1-AA and finished DEAD LAST in the NCC like your punks did last year.

Isn't it interesting that this "marketing ploy" was the lead news story on Fargo-based KVLY-TV tonight?

I liked Charlie Johnson's comment about how "everybody's going in different directions." Uh, sorry Charlie, but UND didn't go anywhere. NDSU left.

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

Isn't it interesting that this "marketing ploy" was the lead news story on Fargo-based KVLY-TV tonight?

I liked Charlie Johnson's comment about how "everybody's going in different directions." Uh, sorry Charlie, but UND didn't go anywhere. NDSU left.

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

Beautiful as usual PCM. Just beautiful!

BS1234:

Maybe you should check some facts before you post. St. Mary's is not a full scholarship team, even though they are IAA. Ferris St. has more scholarships and would be a heavy favorite in any meeting between the two. Out of 699 teams, Massey Ratings have Ferris State at #164 while St. Mary's was at #365. A IAA label does not imply high quality, as you will be witnessing in the next few years.

Don't feed the troll. UND's 2004 opponents are a combined 31-13 (.705) last year, with the worst still being > .500. This is a great schedule. My only hesitations are if the imbalance in home/away is going to come back to bite us in future years, and it would have been nice to get another in-region NC (though Ferris should provide interesting GLIAC vs. NCC message board fodder).

BS1234:

Maybe you should check some facts before you post. St. Mary's is not a full scholarship team, even though they are IAA. Ferris St. has more scholarships and would be a heavy favorite in any meeting between the two. Out of 699 teams, Massey Ratings have Ferris State at #164 while St. Mary's was at #365. A IAA label does not imply high quality, as you will be witnessing in the next few years.

LoL! Massey ratings?!

Many times i've read on here where people say "the only way to know which team is better is if they play each other". SMC has D1 fish to fry. They aren't going to schedule Ferris St.

As far as the marketing ploy... the Fargo tv stations have to do double duty and cover GF since they don't have their own news. The whole point of a ploy is to make someone think something is true when it's false. The news media didn't care whether it was a ploy or not, it was news to them so they aired it.

Jim...i'm no more a troll on here than "D" is on the bisonville forum. Just providing a different point of view...if you don't like it then ignore it.

As far as the marketing ploy... the Fargo tv stations have to do double duty and cover GF since they don't have their own news.

Wrong. Grand Forks has WDAZ-TV. Besides, about 80 percent of the two stories KVLY did were interviews with NDSU students and coaches about their reactions to the Sioux deciding not to play the Bison.

The whole point of a ploy is to make someone think something is true when it's false.
Really? I'll have to remember that.

The news media didn't care whether it was a ploy or not, it was news to them so they aired it.

If it's news, they'll cover it and no ploy is necessary. And no matter what UND decided, it would have been news in Grand Forks and Fargo.

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

We've been saying over at GVFOOTBALL that now the New Northwest Region, the next couple of NC's are going to come out of there, in a GLIAC vs. NCC showdown in the Regional title game. When UND going at Ferris, lot of people are going to be watching that game, to get perhaps a fleeting glance at how both conferances match up. While Ferris hasn't been as dominate in the GLIAC lately, they are useally a tough team to beat. Not to mention that they are also one of GVSU's biggest rivals. We even have a trophy between us, called the Anchor-Bone Trophy. GVSU leads the series 19-12, and the last time they won it was back in 98. *Don't you guys think its time for Ferris to move up to DI-AA and come crying to GV that the rivalry is goint to die??** :silly:??? Anyways, lot of us are going to be torn between cheering for UND to win, or, *gulp* actually swallowing our pride and cheer for Ferris to win. Eh, forget that!!! FERRIS SUCKS!! FERRIS SUCKS AGAIN!! AND FERRIS SWALLOWS!! Sorry there, got a little carried away, but it just rolls off the tongue so easily. :lol::D

Let me take a shot at that:

When hockey is home that weekend, basketball will be on the road (obviously) and the BB teams will practice in The Betty that week then travel.

When basketball is home and in The Ralph, clearly hockey will be on the road and will practice that week in the REA-Olympic rink. (And considering most of the rest of the league has Olympic ice, doesn't that make sense?)

Consider the Olympic rink and The Betty as practice facilities and The Ralph as the home. It'll make sense then.

I don't see hockey practicing in the Olympic unless they need too for an upcoming series. Remember that their are a lot of other teams that use the ice sheets. I'm sure bball will always practice at the Betty. What doesn't make any sense is adding seats to the Betty. Vball will never draw 4000 and now bball is hardly using it. I think we can look to those luxury box owners on this one.

Wrong. Grand Forks has WDAZ-TV. Besides, about 80 percent of the two stories KVLY did were interviews with NDSU students and coaches about their reactions to the Sioux deciding not to play the Bison.

Really? I'll have to remember that.

If it's news, they'll cover it and no ploy is necessary. And no matter what UND decided, it would have been news in Grand Forks and Fargo.

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

I meant a news show. Yeah GF has a station...wow....so does Minot and Bismark.

Why is it news in Fargo?:silly:?????:lol:

Don't forget that there are more UND Alum in Fargo than NDSU alum, so it is news!!

Good luck to NDSU in Division 1, I wish them nothing but success. :D If I am wrong and this turns out to be a good move and UND and other elite D2 schools are unable to stem the tide of the lesser D2 schools in watering down rather than trying to rise up to the current level..............well then careful what you wish for, because then I am sure UND will evaluate the situation and make a competent, educated decision and move up to the D1 level and we will be kicking SU's ass on a whole new level. :D Think we won't. And Bismarck is spelled with a C, but I am sure that spelling is a 400 level course at SU, so you probably have not taken that course yet. :D