SiouxSports.com Forum

FB Press Conference Tuesday 2/10

SiouxMeNow

Words out UND will hold a press conference next tuesday Feb. 10th to announce their 2004 Football Schedule. Since UND has NEVER held a press conference on their upcoming schedule before - this leads me to assume NDSU will NOT be on that schedule and they prefer to deal with the media *hitstorm all at once...anyone else here anything?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that you are partially correct but also for the first time, UND will have a heck of a schedule to announce. The question will be: have they found an opponent on the date that we scheduled to play the Bison. The last I heard, the date remained open for both teams. I believe that is where Kutztown came into play - they also had that date open. I don't know if they wre able to work out a deal.

With the playoff situation the way it is and if we were able to find a quality opponent on that date, there really shouldn't be a major issue. However, if both schools have it as an open date, we will be hearing about it from SU fans for the next 9 months!

Probably similar to the "shock" when Justin Timberlake came through the Super Bowl stage. :huh:

It is really difficult to speculate as to what possibly could be enough to "shock" Sioux fans at this press conference.

Grand Valley would indeed be a tremendous upgrade in the non-conference schedule of years past. Though a game with NDSU as a non-conference game would be as well.

We'll have to see. Never remember a buildup such as this for a football press conference to release a schedule. :p

talked to a guy who talked to RT today...he said they're still tying up the loose ends for 1 more game and will have it wrapped up by tuesday. I for one hope it is GVSU - great addition and great future rivalry with the promise of serious competitiveness! Unlike the Bison who haven't been able to hold up their end except for the rare 1 in 5 fluke for the last decade. (we all know they love to live in the past...BRING ROCKY HOME!!!) They will play SDSU in october, according to the Jacks schedule released today, so nah nah nah nah - hey hey hey GOODBYE!! I guess UND announcing at least 7 home games next season (1 or 2 more than you would expect) those extra home dates will make up any revenue lost playing our "archrival" So long SUCKERS!! I hear Crookston still has a couple dates open if YOU'RE looking for more than 1 home game next season!!!

UND single-handedly petitioned the NCAA to get the strength-of-schedule index revamped to something resembling statistical validity. The took on this crusade to save D-II's oldest (and most fierce?) rivalry, which is also the most significant/most watched sporting event in the state of North Dakota. Now that I-AA games actually benefit D-II schools' SOS, 4 year home/home contract will be announced.

Zzzzz... Mnnn..dj..... gack...... huh? Sorry, I just woke up.

I'd be extremely happy with a home/home against GVSU, an in-region strong team, though I don't see it happening this year. I'd be quite happy with the majority of non-conference games being against >.500 in-region teams and being part of multi-year contracts (as this season showed, it's tough to predict in advance when schedule-making which teams will turn out to be good). I'd be sorely disappointed to find out that USD made a mistake and accidentally published UND's schedule to their website as their own.

So long SUCKERS!! I hear Crookston still has a couple dates open if YOU'RE looking for more than 1 home game next season!!!

In fairness to NDSU, they've always played a better schedule than UND. I think you should rethink the Crookston jokes, because although (from the sound of things) next year's schedule should be really impressive, that can't be said of the past several years.

Now, now.....the half time titty last Sunday was really quite a memorable event in Superbowl history, however, after all the bumping and grinding beforehand it should not have been such a huge shock.... ;)

AMEN to that brother, it was all worth it to listen to all of those serious newscasters talk about the story, and then watching Jon Steward dive into on The Daily Show. personally, i don't see the big deal about it all, she only popped one out, and you could bearly see whatever decorration she was wearing on her nipple, unless you happen to TiVo it, or have gone to some website offering to show it to you. :p

anyways, my point to the topic at hand. GVSU has one open spot, sept. 25 open as of the moment due to New Haven droping football. From what i have heard, most of our offers to fill that date are DI-AA losers. nothing all that promising as well as i know it. I for one would love to hook up with the Sioux again, and get into a great debate about indoor versus outdoor playing. Unless the planets aline, the Lakers won't play UND on that date, and they'll be stuck either with some DI-AA team.

*and just a disclaimer against those bison people, as far as i know, the lousy DI-AA teams they are talking to don't include you!!*

Actually, I'd guess your best bet would be one of the Clear Channel ND stations (considering they have the broadcast rights to Sioux Athletics on radio).

KFGO-AM 790 Fargo

KVOX-AM 1280 Moorhead

KFYR-AM 550 Bismarck

KKXL-AM 1440 Grand Forks

Maybe the other GF AM stations will be there:

KNOX-AM 1310

KCNN-AM 1590

I'd doubt WDAY-AM 970 Fargo (radio home of NDSU) would give this much of a glance.

Your best bet might be to check FightingSioux.com later in the day.