SiouxSports.com Forum

FB Press Conference Tuesday 2/10

SiouxMeNow

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 1

Oh yeah, but WDAZ-TV from Grand Forks is run on Winnipeg cable (or at least it was last time I was up there).

(I know that makes no sense but it'll really impress ol' 1234. :silly: )

Point 2

Mentioning Massey Ratings (the best analytic ratings tool I'm aware of) and this highly touted NDSU home game versus St. Mary's of CA, here are the Massey College Football Ratings for select teams as of 01/04/04:

352 MSU-Mankato (DII) <--- lowest rated 2003 NCC team

365 St. Mary's of CA (DIAA)

379 Minot (ND) State (NAIA)*

Just because it has DI-AA stamped on it doesn't mean it any intrinsic "betterness." Their on-field performance got them that #365 rating.

* Dac-10 teams U of Mary and Dickinson (ND) State are rated higher than St. Mary's of CA.

LoL! Massey ratings?!

Many times i've read on here where people say "the only way to know which team is better is if they play each other". SMC has D1 fish to fry. They aren't going to schedule Ferris St.

As far as the marketing ploy... the Fargo tv stations have to do double duty and cover GF since they don't have their own news. The whole point of a ploy is to make someone think something is true when it's false. The news media didn't care whether it was a ploy or not, it was news to them so they aired it.

Jim...i'm no more a troll on here than "D" is on the bisonville forum. Just providing a different point of view...if you don't like it then ignore it.

I bet you have fun with the sheep in that field on the corner of 19th Avenue North and I-29. You are a complete and bumbling idiot. News flash, nobody, I mean nobody cares about NDSU. We already have D-1 sports. This is just another example of the bissssson living vicarioulsy through UND.

Do they show NDSU stuff on GF news?

Yes. How do you think about the wonderful full-page rubber chicken ad that ran in NDSU's student newspaper?

Fortunately for Bison fans, I was able to correct the artwork so that it now conforms to the truth in advertising laws. :):lol:

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

That's damn hilarious. Boy, for not giving a hoot about UND and us fans...they sure are spiteful and spend most of their day whining why UND won't play them. Even if everything they said about UND and its "excuses" were true, WHO CARES??...move on!! They wanted to get away from D2, but all they talk about is why one D2 school won't play them. With all those great teams they will be playing, you would think they would forget about UND.

Poor, poor 'SU. It makes a vainglorious move to D1, well actually a lower tier of D1, for its own benefit then cries like a 2 year old when UND makes a decision for its own benefit. I'm sure the good people of Fargo, and the more sensible, 'SU alums will really appreciate traveling to god-knows-where for games against opponents nobody's ever heard of, let alone watch the FloodDome sit empty a good part of the year. Nice planning, Chaps. Good thing that you're in academia, otherwise you'd probably get fired for making such a "brilliant" move.

BTW:

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

as of next year NDSU will have 20 more full scholarships than UND...and the contract called for four years, two home two away....with next year being at NDSU......so for anyone to say NDSU wont have a advantage beginning next year....doesnt know what their talking about....by the way my source for how many added scholarships is NDSU AD...himself.....in case anyone wants to question it......or as coach Bohl...the skirt chaser of cheerleaders at Nebraska wants to say....we wont have that big of a advantage....yeah right....schedule UMC next year NDSU.....too funny......

The bottom line is those of us that are NDSU supporters and those of us that kick in the Alumni dollars are very firmly behind the move up. If that is what caused UND to kill the rivalry (the move up), then big deal. In a couple years from now, I bet that no one on either side cares. As the students graduate that have never seen a Bison/Sioux game, the rivalry will fade into history.

The bottom line is those of us that are NDSU supporters and those of us that kick in the Alumni dollars are very firmly behind the move up. If that is what caused UND to kill the rivalry (the move up), then big deal. In a couple years from now, I bet that no one on either side cares. As the students graduate that have never seen a Bison/Sioux game, the rivalry will fade into history.

Good point :)

That's damn hilarious. Boy, for not giving a hoot about UND and us fans...they sure are spiteful and spend most of their day whining why UND won't play them. Even if everything they said about UND and its "excuses" were true, WHO CARES??...move on!! They wanted to get away from D2, but all they talk about is why one D2 school won't play them. With all those great teams they will be playing, you would think they would forget about UND.

That's the problem here that SU' people can't get over. It is called infatuation......with UND.