SiouxSports.com Forum

No Jokes Here. Missing NDSU student

Hayduke

Cratter's link / source:

http://www.inforum.com/content/caution-advised-one-week-after-discovery-slain-ndsu-students-body-police-still-have-no

Volochenko, the older fellow, died from "assault-related injuries". (I believe past stories said he was beat to death with his own walking cane.)

Bearson died from "homicidal violence".

Can someone translate either of those (or are those intentionally obtuse statements by cops)?

Look in the mirror once!  You are such a follower to Bresciani that you refuse to look at the seriousness of the case.  A man is dead for God's sake, and you insist we all follow Bresciani desires of not talking instead of finding justice for Mr Bearson's killers.  That's sick.

The first step for Fargo may be to recognize that gang related drugs are a problem.  The first step for an alcoholic or drug addict is to admit he has a problem.  You go about denying everything, because its not what you wish it as.

Where did you pick up I am a follower of Bresciani? I have never said one thing about him on this venue ever.. Plus you think by gossiping the killers will be brought to justice sooner? REALLY???

""A man is dead for God's sake, and you insist we all follow Bresciani desires of not talking instead of finding justice for Mr Bearson's killers.  That's sick."""

Finding justice will not be because of idle gossip how in the hell did you extrapolate the above in to that conclusion. wow just wow.We are going to find justice for him by talking about it? ???? :crazy:

One other point. Did any one of you from the Deputy Dogs office take in to consideration the request of gossip to  be held down was for the sake the grieving family? Yeah didnt think so. Its more important to disparage Bresciani and try and find some other off the wall tie in you can blame them for.

Try to not let your emotions control your reactions.

I never gossiped.

I quoted a link from the Fargo Forum. Have you even been following the news?

How is the Forums' reporting of "gossip" " "make it worse than what had already happened." Are more murders gonna happen if people ask questions and speculate?

Maybe you or NDSU should call the Forum or the Police (FBI) and tell them to quit "gossiping."

Do I have to continue to educate you?

My emotions are in check. I am just surpised (i shouldnt be) at some of the absurd statements made here. Lakes has been doing a play by play of this tragedy which is bad enough as it is. I guess you guys can band together now under the common theme of justice and put your tin stars on and hit the trail?

But considering you guys are about 2 days behind the curve on this maybe you need all the gossip you can get to get up to speed.

There's yet to be justice for Sadek (the NDSCS student) and too many others. Maybe by keeping them "front of mind" we can change that.

Every time the homicide is mentioned (media), the murder(s) cringe. Knowing their chance of getting caught have just increased (even if just slightly).

It could finally be that article that make the person who knows who did it develop a conscious and come forward.

Didn't someone tell the police they could have Bearsons body near the area they did? Did I read that correctly a while back?

My emotions are in check. I am just surpised (i shouldnt be) at some of the absurd statements made here. Lakes has been doing a play by play of this tragedy which is bad enough as it is. I guess you guys can band together now under the common theme of justice and put your tin stars on and hit the trail?

But considering you guys are about 2 days behind the curve on this maybe you need all the gossip you can get to get up to speed.

"My emotions are in check, but my emotions just got in the way by the absurd statements made here."

Who Lakes? 

Maybe some of the this board is "absurd." But mine was a quote from the metro newspaper the murder happened in.

Sorry I'm behind by two days, I will try harder to monitor every part of this message board more often.

"My emotions are in check, but my emotions just got in the way by the absurd statements made here."

Who Lakes? 

Maybe some of the this board is "absurd." But mine was a quote from the metro newspaper the murder happened in.

Sorry I'm behind by two days, I will try harder to monitor every part of this message board more often.

"My emotions are in check,I am just surpised (i shouldnt be) at some of the absurd statements made here."

Who Lakes? 

FIFY, Plus why dont YOU educate yourself on the subject at hand before commenting?

Maybe you guys should be more concerned about things a little closer to gf.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/gfpd-releases-transcripts-911-calls-made-night-grand-forks-shooting

Those suspects are in the hands of law enforcement. 

The following day, Grand Forks police arrested one of two suspects in the shooting, Dametrian Marcel Welch, 18. Three days later, law enforcement officers took the second suspect, Delvin Lamont Shaw, 30 of Winston-Salem, N.C., into custody after a standoff with police in a St. Paul, Minn. neighborhood. Police believe that Shaw is the one who fired on Lopez. 

Three days and both suspects in custody; bravo to GFPD on that one. 

I come here for a little sports info, really, but was intrigued by the traffic on this thread. It's amazing to see how a well-intentioned discussion concerned with the well-being of a missing local college kid can degenerate so quickly into rank speculation and agenda building.

Wild statements that "Bresciani knows what the real issue is but he doesn't want it in the Minneapolis press" and that, for the NDSU president, "keeping good press trumps finding a killer" take irrationality to new heights, even for a sports fan board. How in the world would Bresciani hamper a death investigation involving the FBI, Moorhead Police Department and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Investigation? His public admonitions against speculation seemed oddly presumptuous and patronizing but reflect his growing arrogance (see current relationship with SBoHE) or the good-old-boy/Chamber of Commerce relationship NDSU has with the Fargo media and mayor, not a nefarious plan to suppress a murder investigation. 

I've never seen anything official to even suggest Andrew Sadek's death was a homicide in Wahpeton. Possible? Of course, but much more likely a sad case of suicide by a young man embarrassed and worried about the implications of his first-ever major brush with the law. I believe that's the direction law enforcement has gone with this case.

I have no idea what happened to young Mr. Bearson. The fact the case appears to remain unsolved suggests the curious tweets the night of his disappearance were a dead end. It will be interesting to see if toxicology results are released with autopsy results. Not to impugn the young man, but when my friends or I left a house party at  4 AM when we were 18 years old, there was a good chance a substantial quantity of alcohol was involved. That opens the door to a lot of poor decision making, potentially leading to a variety of bad outcomes.

In any event, it's oddly comforting to see a predictable moronic retort from Bison Dan, who spends his days stalking on Sioux Sports for something new -- anything new -- to feed his unending resentment of all things UND/Grand Forks. Carry on.

• Upvote 3

I come here for a little sports info, really, but was intrigued by the traffic on this thread. It's amazing to see how a well-intentioned discussion concerned with the well-being of a missing local college kid can degenerate so quickly into rank speculation and agenda building.

Wild statements that "Bresciani knows what the real issue is but he doesn't want it in the Minneapolis press" and that, for the NDSU president, "keeping good press trumps finding a killer" take irrationality to new heights, even for a sports fan board. How in the world would Bresciani hamper a death investigation involving the FBI, Moorhead Police Department and the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Investigation? His public admonitions against speculation seemed oddly presumptuous and patronizing but reflect his growing arrogance (see current relationship with SBoHE) or the good-old-boy/Chamber of Commerce relationship NDSU has with the Fargo media and mayor, not a nefarious plan to suppress a murder investigation. 

I've never seen anything official to even suggest Andrew Sadek's death was a homicide in Wahpeton. Possible? Of course, but much more likely a sad case of suicide by a young man embarrassed and worried about the implications of his first-ever major brush with the law. I believe that's the direction law enforcement has gone with this case.

I have no idea what happened to young Mr. Bearson. The fact the case appears to remain unsolved suggests the curious tweets the night of his disappearance were a dead end. It will be interesting to see if toxicology results are released with autopsy results. Not to impugn the young man, but when my friends or I left a house party at  4 AM when we were 18 years old, there was a good chance a substantial quantity of alcohol was involved. That opens the door to a lot of poor decision making, potentially leading to a variety of bad outcomes.

In any event, it's oddly comforting to see a predictable moronic retort from Bison Dan, who spends his days stalking on Sioux Sports for something new -- anything new -- to feed his unending resentment of all things UND/Grand Forks. Carry on.

Overall a very good post.

Just pointing out the BS of SV.  Maybe you focus on him some?

And NDSCS is building a major campus next to NDSU, courtesy of the state. NDSCS is bringing its drug problems to the doorstep of NDSU, which may very well already have a gang that has staked it out.

Answer me this: why is Bresciani insisting everybody stays calm and wants to keep down rumors? Bresciani knows what the real issue is, but he doesn't want it in the Minneapolis press which would hurt student recruiting big time (but it would probably help football recruiting). Keeping good press trumps finding a killer who may be part of a drug gang.

News flash: it's gotten plenty of press from Twin Cities TV, radio, and newspaper, as well as online. I think you're reaching on this one.
  • Upvote 3

News flash: it's gotten plenty of press from Twin Cities TV, radio, and newspaper, as well as online. I think you're reaching on this one.

Its simply what university presidents do:  they attempt to control the narrative when it comes to public relations.  I didn't say he was successful, but few stories have come out in the media since the day after the body was found.  Local journalists generally revere a university president, so going against the wishes against Bresciani is like a good Catholic going against the wishes of a pope.   The bisonville thought impugned to me that Bresiciani has impaired the investigation is blatantly false.  I  never said such a thing. 

Bison73 and BD are carrying the water for Bresciani on this board.  Bresciani should be listened to with a strong does of cynicism: after he almost certainly ordered deleting his emails to avoid an embarrassing revelation.   Not exactly a pillar of integrity. 

Why is Bearson all of the sudden involved in drugs? May be correct, but don't jump to conclusions on this and spread on the internet. People have lost a friend/family member.

That was never said on this site.  He very well could be straight laced but just one of his Sartell or other acquaintances was not.   

This is a message board, not a newspaper.  Speculation is allowed and even encouraged.

Its simply what university presidents do: they attempt to control the narrative when it comes to public relations. I didn't say he was successful, but few stories have come out in the media since the day after the body was found. Local journalists generally revere a university president, so going against the wishes against Bresciani is like a good Catholic going against the wishes of a pope. The bisonville thought impugned to me that Bresiciani has impaired the investigation is blatantly false. I never said such a thing.

Bison73 and BD are carrying the water for Bresciani on this board. Bresciani should be listened to with a strong does of cynicism: after he almost certainly ordered deleting his emails to avoid an embarrassing revelation. Not exactly a pillar of integrity.

You are comparing Catholicism to NDSU? You cannot be serious... You are the definition of a douche.

I saw on the court records he got a DUI a few weeks ago, I think.  

Mr. Bearson pled guilty to minor in possession, minor consuming alcohol, minor under the influence, minor purchasing alcohol, actual physical control of a motor vehicle while under the influence, and driving under the influence in East Central District Court (Cass County) on September 12, 2014.

That's pretty rugged for Fargo PD and City of Fargo to throw all that at him. Seems like piling on, throwing the whole house at him. Why would they do that?

I'm surprised he didn't try to make the MIP charges go away in exchange for the guilty plea on the DUI. Instead he took all of it; I wonder if he had representation.

Unfortunately, all of that is academic at this point.

There's a more serious offender to uncover and adjudicate now.

Its simply what university presidents do: they attempt to control the narrative when it comes to public relations. I didn't say he was successful, but few stories have come out in the media since the day after the body was found. Local journalists generally revere a university president, so going against the wishes against Bresciani is like a good Catholic going against the wishes of a pope. The bisonville thought impugned to me that Bresiciani has impaired the investigation is blatantly false. I never said such a thing.

Bison73 and BD are carrying the water for Bresciani on this board. Bresciani should be listened to with a strong does of cynicism: after he almost certainly ordered deleting his emails to avoid an embarrassing revelation. Not exactly a pillar of integrity.

Again I have never mention Bresciani on this board ever until your most recent false post.If you dont have proof of your allegations you are doing nothing more than lying. Integrity? Dont use words you dont know the meaning of.

Again I have never mention Bresciani on this board ever until your most recent false post.If you dont have proof of your allegations you are doing nothing more than lying. Integrity? Dont use words you dont know the meaning of.

You are such a joke.  You hang around bisonvile all day and they have no integrity at all there.  The whole board just trashes UND 24 hrs a day and everywhere else.  Where's their integrity?  That's so rich.  Never seen so much vulgarity and vileness and pettiness about other schools and cities like on a message board like b-vile.  (spelled with one "L" for emphasis)

Having lived in bigger cities, I can state unequivocally that is it not normal for a kid to be murdered and dumped off unless gangs or drugs were involved in some form or fashion.  These were not kids that were partying and joyriding.  

Seems like there have been recent clashes in Fargo between rival "neighbors":  http://www.inforum.com/content/one-arrested-after-pair-clashes-between-warring-factions-south-fargo-neighborhood

Real neighborly there.  The Forum used the word 'gangs' and reports there have been altercations for several months.  Call the Forum and give them a blasting for using that word.  And while you are at it, call WDAY and blast them for having a story on the Bearson death that used the words drugs and gangs.  Prove your integrity before casting a stone at others here.  Bresciani knew there had been gang activity, but he wants Fargoan's to keep their mouth's closed and not be concerned?  Yeah, right.

You are such a joke.  You hang around bisonvile all day and they have no integrity at all there.  The whole board just trashes UND 24 hrs a day and everywhere else.  Where's their integrity?  That's so rich.  Never seen so much vulgarity and vileness and pettiness about other schools and cities like on a message board like b-vile.  (spelled with one "L" for emphasis)

Having lived in bigger cities, I can state unequivocally that is it not normal for a kid to be murdered and dumped off unless gangs or drugs were involved in some form or fashion.  These were not kids that were partying and joyriding.  

Seems like there have been recent clashes in Fargo between rival "neighbors":  http://www.inforum.com/content/one-arrested-after-pair-clashes-between-warring-factions-south-fargo-neighborhood

Real neighborly there.  The Forum used the word 'gangs' and reports there have been altercations for several months.  Call the Forum and give them a blasting for using that word.  And while you are at it, call WDAY and blast them for having a story on the Bearson death that used the words drugs and gangs.  Prove your integrity before casting a stone at others here.  Bresciani knew there had been gang activity, but he wants Fargoan's to keep their mouth's closed and not be concerned?  Yeah, right.

Nice spin.This isnt about BV, gangs, drugs or Bresciani. Its about your absurd and classless posts in regards to this matter. But take your comfort where you can find it.

• Upvote 1