SiouxSports.com Forum

No Jokes Here. Missing NDSU student

Hayduke

Rumor is that Sartell Minnesota is known for drug peddling.

When Sadek was found, the rumors were that a drug related group was involved.

Could Fargo-Moorhead have a bigger issue than what's commonly reported?

He went to school at NDSCS.  You really have a hard on for FM don't you?

Mr. Bearson was from Sartell. Sartell is in the heart of ... 

The Central Minnesota Violent Offenders Task Force (formerly Drug & Gang Task Force) investigates crime around narcotics, prostitution, gangs and other violent offenses. This 18 member team is made up of officers from Stearns, Sherburne, Benton, Morrison and Todd Counties; as well as the cities of Sartell, St. Cloud and Little Falls.  It is the third largest task force of its kind in Minnesota.

Source: http://www.co.stearns.mn.us/LawPublicSafety/SheriffServices/Enforcement/ViolentOffenses

It's more than a little eerie that another small town guy, one at NDSCS, one at NDSU, ends up murdered in suspicious circumstances in a six month span. 

He went to school at NDSCS.  You really have a hard on for FM don't you?

So must KVRR-TV Fargo. 

Gang Activity On the Rise in Fargo: "Gangs are starting to immerge from the shadows here in Fargo. In the matter of a three week span leading up to the beginning of August Fargo Police have had a lot more contact with criminal organizations and gangs. ... With charges ranging from theft and drugs to assault, police are working to combat the problem." 

There's also a unsolved murder in the fm area from a few years ago I believe....probably not drug related as the guy was old but an unsolved murder non the less.

This one from Moorhead. 

Investigators do not think Bearson’s death is connected to that of Henry Volochenko, 87, whose body was discovered in his Main Avenue home here last June.

Forgotten about Joel Lovelien?

No, not at all. Hence my statement ... 

The Red River Valley does not need another "unsolved" situation like NDSCS / Andrew Sadek.

To me the Lovelien situation is the most disappointing as that one happened in a public place and still isn't solved. 

The two college guys (NDSCS, NDSU) are just eerie: murdered and dumped. 

And anyone who kills an 87 year old man (Volochenko) deserves a heated seat in Hell. 

I hope they catch the killer(s), this area (ND) is supposed to be safe but it seems like it is shifting and more and more violent crimes are coming to our area, it happens with population growth. I read this is the 5th homiside in Fargo this year, doesn't seem like many compared to Minneapolis but still this is ND and we don't see gang activity running through the streets like the Bloods or Crepts(sp). So I think the police have their hands full with not only the evidence but public pressure to catch a killer. I hope we see the trend go the other way. (My two cents)

I read this is the 5th homiside in Fargo this year, doesn't seem like many compared to Minneapolis but still this is ND and we don't see gang activity running through the streets like the Bloods or Crepts(sp).

You know you're from North Dakota when you can't spell "homicide" or "Crips" correctly.

And, no, that's not a shot at anyone living in ND...

• Upvote 1

He went to school at NDSCS. 

And NDSCS is building a major campus next to NDSU, courtesy of the state.  NDSCS is bringing its drug problems to the doorstep of NDSU, which may very well already have a gang that has staked it out.

Answer me this:  why is Bresciani insisting everybody stays calm and wants to keep down rumors?  Bresciani knows what the real issue is, but he doesn't want it in the Minneapolis press which would hurt student recruiting big time (but it would probably help football recruiting).  Keeping good press trumps finding a killer who may be part of a drug gang.

And NDSCS is building a major campus next to NDSU, courtesy of the state.  NDSCS is bringing its drug problems to the doorstep of NDSU, which may very well already have a gang that has staked it out.

Answer me this:  why is Bresciani insisting everybody stays calm and wants to keep down rumors?  Bresciani knows what the real issue is, but he doesn't want it in the Minneapolis press which would hurt student recruiting big time (but it would probably help football recruiting).  Keeping good press trumps finding a killer who may be part of a drug gang.

Youve posted some pretty crazy stuff in the past but you have just finally lost any objectivity with your absurd hatred. My god man somebody has died and you use it to further your agenda. You should be ashamed of youself.  Sad.

• Upvote 3

People have to understand muders arent always solved in 60 minutes like on TV.

Totally agree. I think with all the TV crime shows on people get that false sense that a killer will be caught immediately, when in reality it could take months or even years if any to catch the right person. I pray that the family will find peace soon.

Totally agree. I think with all the TV crime shows on people get that false sense that a killer will be caught immediately, when in reality it could take months or even years if any to catch the right person. I pray that the family will find peace soon.

Or they think it's like the dru investigation were the fbi had a suspect almost immediately.

Youve posted some pretty crazy stuff in the past but you have just finally lost any objectivity with your absurd hatred. My god man somebody has died and you use it to further your agenda. You should be ashamed of youself.  Sad.

You realize that if a murder isn't solved within a certain time frame after the crime the odds are very great it will never get solved.

I have never seen a murder case in the area where a public official (NDSU) has very publicly stated many times: Please don't gossip about what you think might have happened.

Not saying its drugs but who wants to be known as a place where gangs hang out....speculations are already starting...

He said investigators are following up on a number of tips from the public, including information Bearson could have been attacked as some sort of gang initiation ritual.

Could it be an annual FM gang initiation thing? (scary)

Investigators do not think Bearson’s death is connected to that of Henry Volochenko, 87, whose body was discovered in his Main Avenue home here last June.

You realize that if a murder isn't solved within a certain time frame after the crime the odds are very great it will never get solved.

I have never seen a murder case in the area where a public official (NDSU) has very publicly stated many times: Please don't gossip about what you think might have happened.

Not saying its drugs but who wants to be known as a place where gangs hang out....speculations are already starting...

Could it be an annual FM gang initiation thing? (scary)

They didnt want gossip. Just like the gossip you are speculating on now. It had nothing to do do with the BS SV was inferring.

So you think gossip is going to help solve this crime? ????Gossip is gossip. There are no facts involved in gossip. They didnt want the community at large to to make it worse than what had already happened. I dont see the great mystery here.

Also your reference to the time frame on a crime is actually getting a kidnapped victim back alive after the initial crime.

• Upvote 1

Look in the mirror once!  You are such a follower to Bresciani that you refuse to look at the seriousness of the case.  A man is dead for God's sake, and you insist we all follow Bresciani desires of not talking instead of finding justice for Mr Bearson's killers.  That's sick.

The first step for Fargo may be to recognize that gang related drugs are a problem.  The first step for an alcoholic or drug addict is to admit he has a problem.  You go about denying everything, because its not what you wish it as.

Also your reference to the time frame on a crime is actually getting a kidnapped victim back alive after the initial crime.

In murder investigations, many agencies follow the 72-hour rule, in which officers closely investigate the first 48 hours after the homicide occurred and the 24 hours prior to the homicide. Most homicides are precipitated by an event that occurred within the last 24 hours of the victim’s life, so an effective investigative method is to dissect the last 24 hours of the victim’s life and then aggressively investigate leads within the first 48 hours of the commission of the crime.

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_arch&article_id=2604&issue_id=22012

Even after some of the additional and enlightening facts in the NDSCS case came out (the felony drug warrant for the missing person / murder victim) I don't recall NDSCS issuing a similar statement.

They didnt want gossip. Just like the gossip you are speculating on now. It had nothing to do do with the BS SV was inferring.

So you think gossip is going to help solve this crime? ????Gossip is gossip. There are no facts involved in gossip. They didnt want the community at large to to make it worse than what had already happened. I dont see the great mystery here.

Try to not let your emotions control your reactions.

I never gossiped.

I quoted a link from the Fargo Forum. Have you even been following the news?

How is the Forums' reporting of "gossip" " "make it worse than what had already happened." Are more murders gonna happen if people ask questions and speculate?

Maybe you or NDSU should call the Forum or the Police (FBI) and tell them to quit "gossiping."

Do I have to continue to educate you?

The chance of solving a murder is cut in half if investigators do not get a lead within the first 48 hours.