SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at NDSU 2015 pregame thread (no smack)

geaux_sioux

Here in Rapid City, SD, I get Midco and the SD locals...so Midco Sports Net for UND FB and Hockey, no NDSU sports on my locals.

However, it sounds like Midco has an interest in picking up broadcast rights for NDSU football when they become available.

What is really interesting to me about Midco is that, in theory, they are like Comcast Chicago and other cable company owned sports networks.  Does anyone know if Midco will ever be available as part of a "sports pack" on Dish and Direct?  That would substantially "change the game" as it would give alumni all over the country the opportunity to watch games.

On other comment on NDSU media;  being on ESPN3 has been huge.  It give a very good way for folks to watch anywhere in the nation.  I live in Sioux Falls, and use my Xbox and even get an HD feed.  It has been very good.

On other comment on NDSU media;  being on ESPN3 has been huge.  It give a very good way for folks to watch anywhere in the nation.  I live in Sioux Falls, and use my Xbox and even get an HD feed.  It has been very good.

I run "The Three" (not to be confused with "The Ocho") on my iPad just like I run the watch Big Sky app. Both are solid platforms. My only knock is that not all BSC schools have HD cameras in all their facilities and you can see the difference in picture. 

Is our midco contract the reason for lack of ESPN3 coverage on our games or is there just not enough demand yet?

It does seem that way to me, but cannot confirm.  Some speculation on Bisonville on why we are not also simulcasted on Midco with NBC, and could be same reason.  I am betting they made an exception for the SDSU game, since most in SD who watched the game would be using Midco and since they have a contract with SDSU.

I run "The Three" (not to be confused with "The Ocho") on my iPad just like I run the watch Big Sky app. Both are solid platforms. My only knock is that not all BSC schools have HD cameras in all their facilities and you can see the difference in picture. 

Sadly, NDSU is getting little to no support from the MVFC in media coverage; what a joke they are for that and I will gladly admit Big Sky is much better for this, even if the level of play is way worse.

Sadly, NDSU is getting little to no support from the MVFC in media coverage; what a joke they are for that and I will gladly admit Big Sky is much better for this, even if the level of play is way worse.

You have to admit that the level of play has been raised because of everyone trying to catch NDSU.

Which game is in the bars and restaurants across the state on Saturday? Online streaming of UND football? No, it is the NDSU game on public television.

In terms of building young fans, fans who might one day be a recruit to a football program, I think NDSU being broadcasted on public television is a significant advantage.

In 2008 and 2009, a certain school in Texas went 4-8 and 4-8. In the same two seasons, another school in Texas finished 12-1 and 13-1.

By the end of the 2013 season, just four years later, one of those schools would have a Heisman Trophy winner added to its list of accomplishments and the other one would force its coach to resign in lieu of being fired. This season, one of those schools is 7-1 while the other is 4-5.

Obviously, its Baylor who must be currently operating under a new coach and struggling with a 4-5 record, right? And Texas must have another Heisman sitting in its trophy case while rolling along at 7-1. Right?

How does that saying go again, Sicatoka? "How things are today is how they'll always be"? Yea, I think that's it.

By the end of the 2013 season, just four years later, one of those schools would have a Heisman Trophy winner added to its list of accomplishments and the other one would force its coach to resign in lieu of being fired. ... 

How does that saying go again, Sicatoka? "How things are today is how they'll always be"? Yea, I think that's it.

I saw Heisman and thus "Johnny FB" and Texas A&M spring to mind ... then you dump "Baylor" (and RGIII) on me. 

And yes, somethin' like that -- because the Spanish Armada still dominates the high seas. ;) 

Is our midco contract the reason for lack of ESPN3 coverage on our games or is there just not enough demand yet?

My guess is it has more to do with Watch Big Sky than midco.  The conference wants the games streamed from their site... one location for everything and that's why it's not on ESPN3.

• Upvote 1

Not sure where this should go so I thought I would stick it here.....my 3rd grade daughter came home from school today and said she now has a new student teacher in PE/gym for awhile. She said he is really nice and his name is Mr. Jensen. She then finished her conversation by saying she is wearing some of her UND clothes to school tomorrow!!!