SiouxSports.com Forum

Attendance for Saturday

Risky

Just like our team it hasn't sucked like this since the 80's, Bubba is fixing the team which in turn will fix attendance.

I agree with you, but some people choose to forget the 2001-05 time period when we were a top 5 D-II program every year.  We need to get back to that and I think Bubba will get it done.

I know it was a whole lot better than the last 5 years have been.  And our fans were always into it, from start to finish.  We are just starting to get that energy back.

You could here the crowd on broadcasts in the second half.  In past years, the Alerus crowd was a quiet as church mice.

I was at that game, it was the loudest I have ever heard at the Alerus. I pretty much lost my voice after the game.

I was there, too. Davis didn't know what hit them, and O'Sullivan just looked bewildered.  Funny, after the disparaging comments he made about having to go to Hicksville for a playoff game.

Through 4 games (including today) average attendance is 8,267 which is 90 people short of last year's average.

2014: 8267 (through 4 games)

2013: 8357

2012: 8962 

2011: 7841

2010: 8154

2009: 8539

2008: 10,167

2007: 9887

Funny how 2008 had higher average than 2001 (10,024)

I know it was a whole lot better than the last 5 years have been.  And our fans were always into it, from start to finish.  We are just starting to get that energy back.

Loss like about a 1,000 less from those greatest five years of 2001-2005 to the last five years.

About 9,500 to about 8,500.

Loss like about a 1,000 less from those greatest five years of 2001-2005 to the last five years.

About 9,500 to about 8,500.

Nothing beats last year's anemic crowds for lack of support and enthusiasm, especially the last game vs. N. Colorado.  The transition years were also pretty weak.  I can feel the difference this year already; people feel confident about the direction of the program.  We still have a long way to go to get back to what we once had.

Nothing beats last year's anemic crowds for lack of support and enthusiasm, especially the last game vs. N. Colorado. The transition years were also pretty weak. I can feel the difference this year already; people feel confident about the direction of the program. We still have a long way to go to get back to what we once had.

Not only confidence in the direction of the team but confidence in the defense, it's been a long time for that to happen. If UND beats SUU and upset EWU I guarantee 10k the week after that against WSU maybe more.

No we have to keep winning. Our attendance has nothing to do with FU.

Wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again. NDSU pulls away 1000 fans from out west and up north; those fans use to go to UND games.

NDSU needs to be competed with. Yes UND needs to win, but having NDSU win national championships every season doesn't help either.

Pretending NDSU isn't apart of the equation is just wishful thinking.

• Upvote 1

Wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again. NDSU pulls away 1000 fans from out west and up north; those fans use to go to UND games.

NDSU needs to be competed with. Yes UND needs to win, but having NDSU win national championships every season doesn't help either.

Pretending NDSU isn't apart of the equation is just wishful thinking.

Then how in the heck did Roger Thomas do what he did in the late 1980's and 1990's?  He did it by focusing on his own business and not worrying about what NDSU was or wasn't doing.  The worm will turn like it always does and when it does, Bubba will have us in a position to take advantage of it.

Day by Day.

Game by Game.

Play by Play.

Keep Calm and Fight On.  Go Sioux!

That's horrible

Have to keep winning and NDSU has to lose some too

What was horrible was the Sac State game last year and after that it was too painful to go to a game or bring a friend to a game. This year, we are a fun team to watch. It will take time.