SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

Time for Mike Yeo to put some more speed in the lineup.    Give me Haula, Schroeder, Ryan Carter.

Agreed this is a series where you need as much speed as possible Yeo needs to put guys like Haula and Schroeder in and guys like Cooke can come out. Not a real good game for either goalie last night but we saw the way Dubnyk bounced back after game 4 of the STL series so I'm thinking he will bounce back well again Sunday.

Time for Mike Yeo to put some more speed in the lineup. Give me Haula, Schroeder, Ryan Carter.

Speed? The wild had enough of that last night, believe me. The wild squad is a complete grinder team, and that is their only strength. They come at you in waves. Obviously the Hawks skill is far superior than the wild but the Hawks have been known to be soft at times.

Dubby gave up the one softy however he got bailed out more than a few times. Crawford continues to scare me. That continues to be their achilles heel. When the Hawks buckle down like they did in the third there is no way the wild can beat them. But when they get sloppy grinding teams can grind out wins.

Speed? The wild had enough of that last night, believe me. The wild squad is a complete grinder team, and that is their only strength. They come at you in waves. Obviously the Hawks skill is far superior than the wild but the Hawks have been known to be soft at times.

Dubby gave up the one softy however he got bailed out more than a few times. Crawford continues to scare me. That continues to be their achilles heel. When the Hawks buckle down like they did in the third there is no way the wild can beat them. But when they get sloppy grinding teams can grind out wins.

Blackhawks look to have balanced scoring through all four lines, I'm still not sure what line is their fourth line.

3-2 win for the Rangers

Good game, Rangers deserved the win. Lundqvist looked a lot more solid than game 1.

Goal of the game goes to (who else but) Ovie. Three on one? You gotta cover him better than that NYR.

The Wild have a good mix of guys with speed and guys who can grind a little along the walls and with the Blackhawks defenseman the cycle game worked pretty well for the Wild last night. Cooke looked completely out of place last night and couldn't keep up at all. There were a couple different times he caught the puck in the neutral zone standing still and before he could do anything a Blackhawk had tied him up from behind I think an easy change would be putting in Haula who was very good last year in the playoffs against the Hawks. The Wild were awful in the 1st period and Dubnyk wasn't great giving up a couple he regularly stops but if Pominville could have hit the open net late that game goes to OT. I'm pretty confident if the Wild play the way they can and did most of last series they will win this series. 

Good game, Rangers deserved the win. Lundqvist looked a lot more solid than game 1.

Goal of the game goes to (who else but) Ovie. Three on one? You gotta cover him better than that NYR.

Amazing goal by number 8. Wow.

The Wild have a good mix of guys with speed and guys who can grind a little along the walls and with the Blackhawks defenseman the cycle game worked pretty well for the Wild last night. Cooke looked completely out of place last night and couldn't keep up at all. There were a couple different times he caught the puck in the neutral zone standing still and before he could do anything a Blackhawk had tied him up from behind I think an easy change would be putting in Haula who was very good last year in the playoffs against the Hawks. The Wild were awful in the 1st period and Dubnyk wasn't great giving up a couple he regularly stops but if Pominville could have hit the open net late that game goes to OT. I'm pretty confident if the Wild play the way they can and did most of last series they will win this series. 

Haula for Cooke is one of the changes I was thinking of when I suggested the Wild should add some speed.

This one is all about the matchups ... with the home coach getting a big edge.  I think they split the first four games.   Barring something freaky happening with the goaltenders.

Haula for Cooke is one of the changes I was thinking of when I suggested the Wild should add some speed.

This one is all about the matchups ... with the home coach getting a big edge.  I think they split the first four games.   Barring something freaky happening with the goaltenders.

Sounds like Fontaine will miss tomorrows game as well with an injury I'd like to see Schroeder in for him if that is the case and Haula for Cooke.