SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

An Ottawa win tonight would make things really interesting for the upcoming week in about 6 different camps.

Yeah, despite it clinching for Washington, I was really hoping Ottawa would win last night and make things interesting.

Are you going to try to deny that Boston's remaining schedule is tougher than the remaining schedule of the other three teams? Although Ottawa not getting the full two points last night really took a lot of heat off of everybody else, nothing is set in stone just yet.

I don't know what you're trying to do here Dave....wait...yes I do.  You always play the contrarian.  I'm not denying anything.  In fact, my direct quote was "Boston certainly is not a lock and needs to finish well to make the playoffs..."  But you coming on here and for some reason thinking and saying that Boston is in greater danger of missing the playoffs that any of those teams (Pittsburgh, Detroit or Ottawa) is just plain stupid.  I get why you do it - you like to be that guy and think you're getting under the skin of the Bruins fans on here, but this one makes absolutely no sense, and everyone on here can see it.

All of those teams are going to have to sprint to the finish and play well.  You never know what other teams are going to do - will teams like the NYR, NYI, Wash, TB and Montreal rest guys since they're in?  Will Florida fold since they put forth a lot of energy to stay in the race and were recently eliminated, or will they now want to play spoiler?  Philly has been playing tough (especially against your beloved Penguins).  How will they close out the season's last game vs. Ottawa?  And the big one - how will the Tuesday night tilt between Pittsburgh and Ottawa play out?!  That's one that your boys better be ready for...

• Upvote 1

I don't know what you're trying to do here Dave....wait...yes I do.  You always play the contrarian.  I'm not denying anything.  In fact, my direct quote was "Boston certainly is not a lock and needs to finish well to make the playoffs..."  But you coming on here and for some reason thinking and saying that Boston is in greater danger of missing the playoffs that any of those teams (Pittsburgh, Detroit or Ottawa) is just plain stupid.  I get why you do it - you like to be that guy and think you're getting under the skin of the Bruins fans on here, but this one makes absolutely no sense, and everyone on here can see it.

All of those teams are going to have to sprint to the finish and play well.  You never know what other teams are going to do - will teams like the NYR, NYI, Wash, TB and Montreal rest guys since they're in?  Will Florida fold since they put forth a lot of energy to stay in the race and were recently eliminated, or will they now want to play spoiler?  Philly has been playing tough (especially against your beloved Penguins).  How will they close out the season's last game vs. Ottawa?  And the big one - how will the Tuesday night tilt between Pittsburgh and Ottawa play out?!  That's one that your boys better be ready for...

I actually think that DaveK is trolling us. I think he just gets his jolly’s trolling people. I think he has for years. If I had come out and said that I loved the Pens and they have the cleanest players ever to put on a hockey sweater (even though that’s far from the truth) he probably say they're dirty.  I bet he's probably a good guy, too.

I actually think that DaveK is trolling us. I think he just gets his jolly’s trolling people. I think he has for years. If I had come out and said that I loved the Pens and they have the cleanest players ever to put on a hockey sweater (even though that’s far from the truth) he probably say they're dirty.  I bet he's probably a good guy, too.

So the alley fight is off now? C'mon Goon, I'd put a $100 on you to win as long as you kept your big hits within the context of the fight...;)

If you said you love the Pens and they have the cleanest players ever to put on a sweater I would not say they're dirty. I would agree with you and have a great deal more respect for your opinion than I do under the current set of circumstances.

I think I heard on XM radio that the Pens were one of the most penalized teams in the NHL. I also heard that they had an incident on the bench yesterday. 

Didn't the Bruins steal the Penguins' colors?

It's a shame that the Penguins didn't move to Kansas City a few years ago. Imagine the uproar that would have created had Pittsburgh promptly built a new arena and the Bruins relocated there.

Didn't the Bruins steal the Penguins' colors?

It's a shame that the Penguins didn't move to Kansas City a few years ago. Imagine the uproar that would have created had Pittsburgh promptly built a new arena and the Bruins relocated there.

The uproar in Boston or on Sioux Sports?

As of right now....

NY Islanders are 3rd in Metropolitan with 98 points

Detroit is 3rd in the Atlantic with 97

Pittsburgh is first Wild Card with 96

Boston is second Wild Card with 95

Ottawa is first team out with 95

Each team has two games left with the exception of Boston; they have 3 remaining.  Should be an exciting finish!  Looks like the last team in gets the privilege of playing the Rangers who have separated themselves from the pack with a 5 pt lead over Montreal.