SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

What does your reference to 'upright' mean? It matters to you.

Our membership is upright; reference to yours seems ... limp.

(You really aren't good with double entendre, are you? I've been chuckling since your first reference to "membership" and you've been missing it. Heck, Goon figured it out.)

• Upvote 1

The Weber State comparison is getting old.

2013:

Sac State:

43-6 over Weber, 31-7 over UND

Eastern Washington:

41-19 over Weber, 35-14 over UND

Portland State:

45-24 over Weber, 14-10 over UND

Montana:

42-6 over Weber, 55-17 over UND

Montana State:

34-16 over Weber, 63-20 over UND

Utah at least has some mountains to visit while on the trip...

UND will beat Weber State this year and from now on. In terms of football, UND is the way better program.

Yes, beating Valparaiso clearly makes UND the better program of the two...

Again, you're delusional if you think Weber State has the better program.

Weber State All-time record: 262–275–3(.488)

North Dakota All-time record: 603–356–30(.625)

• Upvote 1

That members number is incorrect because about 1,000 of those members is Lakes.

Ah, the advantages of moving from custody in one place to another.  Different MAC addresses and less traceable ISP blocks for registration purposes.  

Plus, having all that spare time for this "hobby"...

Oh, it can be helpful to keep registering under different names.

I still think Suzy Chapstick should sue him.  In a Jamestown courthouse...  

Our membership is upright; reference to yours seems ... limp.

(You really aren't good with double entendre, are you? I've been chuckling since your first reference to "membership" and you've been missing it. Heck, Goon figured it out.)

I knew what you were talking about right away. 

UND will beat Weber State this year and from now on. In terms of football, UND is the way better program.

Again, you're delusional if you think Weber State has the better program.

Weber State All-time record: 262–275–3(.488)

North Dakota All-time record: 603–356–30(.625)

I never said Weber State had a better program at all. Based on last season's record though, they're quite comparable to each other - at least at the moment.

Perhaps it's been pointed out but if UND hosted the last game that was played it was FU's turn to host the next game, they then get to host the next game (2019) and UND will host the following game (ain't no way the third game is in Fargo). So it really is just getting back on track.

There is no 3rd game.  Not even a discussion of one. That's been confirmed by everyone involved. Another reason why this deal is horrible.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Brian Faison.  Thanks to you caving in, every single game with FU will be held in the Not-So Fabulous Fargodome from now on (unless we end up in the same conference again).  You can mark it down right now, it's been decided.  UND continues to bow down and kiss the grits of FU and all their media lackeys in Imperial Cass County.  We are treating them like an FBS program.  While they believe they are FBS in their own minds, they are not FBS in our world.  But we are genuflecting to them anyway.  Being somebody's plaything won't get you respect, but that is what we are doing here.  I hope I am wrong, but I think this is a sad day for UND.

From InForum:

"NDSU will provide UND with cash guarantees of $125,000 for the first game and $140,000 for the second. A buyout would cost UND $250,000 for each game. It would cost NDSU the amount of the guarantees."

So not only is UND on the road for two games with absolutely no assurances (verbal, gentleman's agreement, or scribbled promise on a bar napkin) a 3rd game in Grand Forks will take place, but

THE BUYOUT IS MORE EXPENSIVE FOR UND THAN NDSU!!

I've seen tougher negotiating from my kids swapping candy on Halloween.

As if the two road games weren't bad enough, it seems CAS was 100% correct when he came here spouting off before the details were made public which means ndsu officials were sharing the details of this deal with boosters like CAS, probably having a very good laugh and I don't blame them.

So they don't have an FBS game scheduled for 2015.  If they get a call from a Power 5 team offering them upwards of $500,000 in guarantee money, it'll only cost them $125,000 to get out of the game with us. 

This agreement is ridiculous on so many levels, I'm left in awe of NDSU's negotiating tactics.

• Upvote 2

From InForum:

"NDSU will provide UND with cash guarantees of $125,000 for the first game and $140,000 for the second. A buyout would cost UND $250,000 for each game. It would cost NDSU the amount of the guarantees."

So not only is UND on the road for two games with absolutely no assurances (verbal, gentleman's agreement, or scribbled promise on a bar napkin) a 3rd game in Grand Forks will take place, but

As if the two road games weren't bad enough, it seems CAS was 100% correct when he came here spouting off before the details were made public which means ndsu officials were sharing the details of this deal with boosters like CAS, probably having a very good laugh and I don't blame them.

Of course it is, NDSU is at home.  Why the hell would they buy out their own home game?    :silly:

So they don't have an FBS game scheduled for 2015.  If they get a call from a Power 5 team offering them upwards of $500,000 in guarantee money, it'll only cost them $125,000 to get out of the game with us. 

This agreement is ridiculous on so many levels, I'm left in awe of NDSU's negotiating tactics.

They will make twice that amount with a home game that they will more than likely win.  Why the hell would they give that up?  

Think.

So they don't have an FBS game scheduled for 2015. If they get a call from a Power 5 team offering them upwards of $500,000 in guarantee money, it'll only cost them $125,000 to get out of the game with us.

One thing is certain...it's obvious that UND's negotiating team included gfhockey and some of his good ol' boys...unfortunately, they were all coming off a 20 hour long pub crawl...
  • Upvote 2

From InForum:

Big deal, neither school will buyout the games. Not only will it cost money, but its political suicide. NDSU was pissed that Montana State backed out and blackballed them, does NDSU want to be in that circle of joy? UND won't buy it out because in 2015 that was our 11th and final game, why take the risk of either finding another FCS team, finding a DII (or other division team) or playing a 10 game schedule. UND has never backed out of a game, but has been backed out on twice. We know what its like, and it sucks. So calm down about how much it is, and if NDSU would buyout the game. They are playing at home, it would be stupid to buyout your own home game. I think people are reading way too much into this.

The deal is certainly not perfect due to no home and home; that makes no sense whatsoever and it demonstrates the arrogant mindset of the NDSU athletic program. Anyone, especially NDSU fans, thinking NDSU deserves two games in Fargo are oblivious to the general rules of college football scheduling. Nevertheless, there is one positive from this and that is the game finally will be played.

UND supporters who continue to make this a big issue exude a lack of confidence in UND's football program. Continuing to bicker and bash UND's athletic's department only demonstrates your lack of confidence in the trajectory of UND football. If Coach Schweigert, the IPF, and the increased coaching salary are worth anything at all, we should see improvement this season and further improvement in 2015 - the season we play NDSU. With that, it's time to support UND football and hope for steady and sure improvement. If that happens, 2015 will be closer than anyone on here predicts and 2019 could be a completely different scenario in terms of the program's respective perceptions.

Bottom line: Let's just hope that the football program is improving year in and year out and that UND football will be a top 4 Big Sky team (Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington, UND) within a few years. If not, the administration is then doing something wrong.

I guess I care more about the on-the-field product than the lousy administrative crap. Eventually, UND will even things out with NDSU on the field. If not 2015, likely 2019. If production doesn't happen in a few years, then obviously more changes need to be made (renovations, coaching salary, etc.).

• Upvote 2

The deal is certainly not perfect due to no home and home; that makes no sense whatsoever and it demonstrates the arrogant mindset of the NDSU athletic program. Anyone, especially NDSU fans, thinking NDSU deserves two games in Fargo are oblivious to the general rules of college football scheduling. Nevertheless, there is one positive from this and that is the game finally will be played.

Those who continue to make this a big issue exude a lack of confidence in UND's football program. Continuing to bicker and bash UND's athletic's department only demonstrates your lack of confidence in the trajectory of the UND football. If the Coach Schweigert, the IPF, and the increased coaching salary are worth anything at all, we should see improvement this season and further improvement in 2015 - the season we play NDSU. With that, it's time to support UND football and hope for steady and sure improvement. If that happens, 2015 will be closer than anyone on here predicts and 2019 could be a completely different scenario in terms of the program's respective perceptions.

Bottom line: Let's just hope that the football program is improving year in and year out and that UND football will be a top 4 Big Sky team (Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington, UND) within a few years. If not, the administration is then doing something wrong.

I guess I care more about the on-the-field product than the lousy administrative crap. Eventually, UND will even things out with NDSU on the field. If not 2015, likely 2019. 

Well said.  The game is being played and Bison fans are more pissed than happy the game is played because they can't come up with excuses that UND is not at their level IF UND WINS. They can't tell UND to "get the ball rolling", apologize for 2004, and we aren't scared if you just sign the contract. After 2019 we are on even slate with them. We got the ball rolling, we played twice in Fargo, everything from 2004 is wiped out. No one on either side is there that was there in 2004. Let's shake hands and kickoff!!!  

Where did you hear no discussion of a third game?

The question was asked during the Bison presser. A reporter asked if the possibility for future games including a game in GF were "on or off the table." Jeremy Jorgenson's (NDSU media person) answer was "off" and that was it. No explanation or further questioning about it.