SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

UND fans may not like playing in Fargo twice, but the fact is they are the better team and have earned that power. Until UND proves otherwise , I see no reason not to play in Fargo. Get the series back and maybe by 2018 we will be on the same page.

So your solution is to bow down at the alter of Bisonville? And no, they have not "earned that power". This is not how scheduling works anywhere else in college sports and Faison had better think twice about doing this. Could anyone imagine Alabama or Auburn bowing down to their biggest rival and agreeing to this? I can't either.

Yes, it may not be normal to have two away games; however, is it important to be right or important to bring the rival we all love back into existence. This is a rival not just a non conference match up. Home or away, win or loss I would be excited just to see it play out. In the same way, I would be fine seeing the hockey team travel to Minn twice just to play the Gophers.

Yes, it may not be normal to have two away games; however, is it important to be right or important to bring the rival we all love back into existence. This is a rival not just a non conference match up. Home or away, win or loss I would be excited just to see it play out. In the same way, I would be fine seeing the hockey team travel to Minn twice just to play the Gophers.

At any price? Do we need them that badly? I say no. If the costs outweigh the benefits, you don't do it. Faison had better stand his ground on this.

At any price? Do we need them that badly? I say no. If the costs outweigh the benefits, you don't do it. Faison had better stand his ground on this.

I agree with you.

But, I think that Faison has his feet to the fire to play the Buffalo no matter the cost. I'm guessing that UND will travel to FU twice.

I hope Faison says no to anything but home and home...or fill in those dates with other teams.

UND fans may not like playing in Fargo twice, but the fact is they are the better team and have earned that power. Until UND proves otherwise , I see no reason not to play in Fargo. Get the series back and maybe by 2018 we will be on the same page.

Umm NDSU scheduled a home and home with Weber State for goodness sake!

It doesn't matter if you're the better team or not, you schedule home and homes with teams at your same level (FCS), especially when the respective schools are rivals, only 70 miles apart, and have a long and heated history!

Alabama does it, Florida State does it. Michigan does it. Oklahoma does it.

Even more similar, Iowa-Iowa State do it, Georgia-Georgia Tech do it, Utah-Utah State do it, etc. etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

We will have to disagree on that point. But if you want to use that as a reason not to play us thats your choice.

I think most of us just feel we either get a home and home, or both programs should look elsewhere to fill the schedule.

That should be our choice.

• Upvote 1

My money says that Faison rolls over and takes it - I hope that this is finally the straw that gets Sioux fans together to demand change

If Faison is being influenced, its by Bubba, you can count on that. Bubba's road is a tough one until he is viewed by recruits in his key areas as being on the same level as NDSU, SDSU, UNI. Even if he is on the same level as these three, he is still recruiting players in MN, WI, IA, and IL to play in the Mountain/Pac time zones for half their games. That's one strike even if you are level on the field.

I think most of us just feel we either get a home and home, or both programs should look elsewhere to fill the schedule.

If NDSU started a hockey program, would UND schedule money games with NDSU one at a time at gFU to their own liking, or would they play home/home with a fledgling NDSU team that was viewed as light years behind them in the recruiting race? Would a UND home/home with a fledgling NDSU hockey team help regional perception of NDSU hockey, and assist them immensely? Is the picture clearing up for anyone here?

If NDSU started a hockey program, would UND schedule money games with NDSU one at a time at gFU to their own liking, or would they play home/home with a fledgling NDSU team that was viewed as light years behind them in the recruiting race? Would a UND home/home with a fledgling NDSU hockey team help regional perception of NDSU hockey, and assist them immensely? Is the picture clearing up for anyone here?

UND is a startup football program?

• Upvote 2

Texas' viewpoint:

http://www.fbschedul...texas-am-again/

“They [meaning TexasA&M to the SEC] left,” Dodds said. “They’re the ones that decided not to play us [meaning Texas]. We get to decide when we play again. I think that’s fair."

And Texas A&M's response since last year has been this: "Meh. We're SEC now."

http://collegefootba...-to-us-anymore/

A&M President R. Bowen Loftin: Asked at SEC meetings if he had any remark about Texas, Loftin replied “I don’t have to make it anymore. It's not relevant to us anymore, that’s the whole point. It’s not an important issue.”

That was a reversal from previous statements regarding Texas and getting the Longhorns on the schedule (this article was from 2013, remember). UND would be wise to do the exact same thing - move on and don't care. Instead, administration and fans here on the board are coming across like the little brother at the playground begging his big brother to pick him for his team.

Obviously postings on this thread can not be taken as a representation of what a majority of fans might think. On the other hand our athletic department going public with the statement they might be willing to schedule a single game in Fargo means someone with money or power wants the game from UNDs side. I am perfectly happy with our football schedule and very willing to let it go - the series has ended and the history books will forever show what the win/loss record between the two school is.

I agree. If Faison doesnt like the terms then he needs to decline and then just quit calling.

Let's see. UND has about a 20 game lead on the University of Home Economics in football. Yet, you compare the flagship school in Grand Forks to a start up program.

That is stupid on so many levels. It's like the third rate felon, El Chapstick, is channeling through you. That must be it. You are possessed by a retard!

:lol:

Let's see. UND has about a 20 game lead on the University of Home Economics in football. Yet, you compare the flagship school in Grand Forks to a start up program.

That is stupid on so many levels. It's like the third rate felon, El Chapstick, is channeling through you. That must be it. You are possessed by a retard!

:lol:

And how is your fb team doing during the transition and now 2 years in? Happy?

And how is your fb team doing during the transition and now 2 years in? Happy?

I'm happy. Why do you ask? My life does not revolve around this stuff.

Do you ask because you believe that you think we should be drug down to the delusional banter of the freak show in Fargo? You do seem to spend a lot of time at your "non-rivals" website making up stupid crap that we all get a good chuckle out of.

Carry on... :)

I thought most think Faison was doing a great job?

So far I'm generally positive about him - What I meant was that I fear he will roll over for NDSU and if that happens I feel that is a a big enough deal that I think he should go. My comment about Sioux fans finally rising up has less to do with Faison and more to do with my frustration that Muss was allowed to go on so long.

I agree. If Faison doesnt like the terms then he needs to decline and then just quit calling.

That sounds like a quitter's attitude. If you don't get what you want you just quit trying. Is that what they preach at NDSU? Professionals keep trying to find a way to make a deal work, they don't just quit trying.

Weber State has nothing to do with a NDSU vs UND game.

it does when someone says NDSU is better and earned the 2 games in Fargo. You telling me to get a return game we have to be as good as Weber? Um I don't think we want to be that bad.

it does when someone says NDSU is better and earned the 2 games in Fargo. You telling me to get a return game we have to be as good as Weber? Um I don't think we want to be that bad.

nght.

They value playing Weber State more than you at this juncture.

But youve actually had one or two of your own journaist have said you arent bargaining from a position of strength. I know that really is a burr under your saddle but is is what it is.

That sounds like a quitter's attitude. If you don't get what you want you just quit trying. Is that what they preach at NDSU? Professionals keep trying to find a way to make a deal work, they don't just quit trying.

You extrapolated that from my comment? :silly: