SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. Badgers - Friday 7pm ESPNU

AZSIOUX

I expect Ferris to bring their "A" game. We will need everything from four lines AND a great game from Zane to get a ticket to Philly. A lot of WCHA teams lost a a lot of games to Ferris State this year, and they deserve the respect that comes with holding the MacNaughton.

That said, if we play tomorrow like we did tonight, I really like our odds at wearing new hats by the end of the night.

I just might have to make a trip to the Spectrum.

GO SIOUX!!!

Actually, it's the Big Ten PLAYOFF champs...the Big Ten champs will be done tomorrow.

Here I am rabidly cheering for the Sioux and your already hating on the Gophs? :) They only have to stop one guy right?

Who to cheer for SCSU or ND? Pretty sure we can all plug our noses and say Go DU right?

• Upvote 2

Lowlight of the evening: one of the bartenders asked if I had a nephew or son on the team. I'm 29. Yes, I got pregnant at 10, had a kid at 11, and he is now a freshman in college... :glare:

Highlight of the evening: the Sioux live to see another day!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Here I am rabidly cheering for the Sioux and your already hating on the Gophs? :) They only have to stop one guy right?

Who to cheer for SCSU or ND? Pretty sure we can all plug our noses and say Go DU right?

Go DU! (for one game only) :)
  • Upvote 1

My point is besides Jerry York, who are you gonna bring in here to replace a Hak that has even close to that kind of coaxing success. He puts our team in a place to succeed. Now the players have to step it up

That doesn't matter...if UND loses tomorrow, a "fire Hak" thread will be started quicker than you can say "gfhockey."

That doesn't matter...if UND loses tomorrow, a "fire Hak" thread will be started quicker than you can say "gfhockey."

Also Old Time Hockey and SPCA or whatever can defend his crap and they all can tells us how they said I told you so!

These records aren't success, only one game proves success! What a joke!

Way to go Sioux!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Big_Ten_Men's_Ice_Hockey_Tournament#.282.29_Wisconsin_vs._.284.29_Ohio_State

So did Wisconsin not win the Big Ten tournament championship? Um... What am I missing?

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/031414aaa.html

The Big Ten champions of 2013-2014 are the Minnesota Gophers. The Big Ten tournament champions of 2014 are the Wisconsin Badgers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Big_Ten_Men's_Ice_Hockey_Tournament#.282.29_Wisconsin_vs._.284.29_Ohio_State

So did Wisconsin not win the Big Ten tournament championship? Um... What am I missing?

The guy he was correcting said the big ten champs are done, they aren't done, its MN, they haven't played yet. He than said the tournament champs are done, big difference there.

Okay, that legitimate technicality makes sense. And thus my original point : do we determine a champion by regular season performance or by winning the tournament?

Apples and oranges I guess. But when it comes to the national stage, we don't crown a regular season winner. So let's win this tournament!

Okay, that legitimate technicality makes sense. And thus my original point : do we determine a champion by regular season performance or by winning the tournament?

Apples and oranges I guess. But when it comes to the national stage, we don't crown a regular season winner. So let's win this tournament!

Take a look around REA...there are banners for each MacNaughton Cup team...there is ONE banner for all of the Broadmoor Trophy teams.

I agree...one down today, one to go tomorrow. Then two more in Philadelphia.

Take a look around REA...there are banners for each MacNaughton Cup team...there is ONE banner for all of the Broadmoor Trophy teams.

I agree...one down today, one to go tomorrow. Then two more in Philadelphia.

What he was getting at was the national championship is determined in a 16 team tournament, not by which team had the best winning percentage during the regular season. And that is what most people remember.

Interesting. So why is the conference one and done (first round oddly different excepted) of so much less value?

I suppose because the regular season is more of a showing of season-long excellence while the tournament (excluding the first-round) is a one-weekend event. That being said, if it were up to me, UND would be hoisting individual banners for playoff titles too.

• Upvote 3

I suppose because the regular season is more of a showing of long-term success while the tournament (excluding the first-round) is a one-weekend event. If it were up to me, UND would be hoisting individual banners for playoff titles too.

So would I; the Final Five was a very difficult tournament to win and I think the Frozen Faceoff will become the same way over time.

• Upvote 1