SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Regional Viewing Parties

ericpnelson

37 guys, most with Mayville-Portland ties, will be in Vegas Friday for a group bachelor party. A good chunk of them would like to see the game. They're staying at Planet Hollywood. Any suggestions where to watch the game?

From the Sioux vs BADgers thread:

I will be in Vegas during the regionals. If you were in Vegas for the regionals where would you want to watch the games??

Since it is on ESPNU and there shouldn't be a lot of other sporting events going on Friday night, I would just go up to one of the managers at a sports book and ask if they can put the game on a TV or two for you. I've had good luck doing it in the past. Might want to do it a little ahead of time just to make sure you can find somewhere that will do it, but most places are happy to help as long as there isn't something that has heavy betting going on.

Also Torrey Pines Pub (6374 West Lake Mead, Las Vegas, NV 89108) is listed as the "official" watch party place during the season, though it appears to be about a 10-20 minute drive from the strip. Oddly enough, they also host Montana football game watch parties.

i watched games at the revamped sport book at Luxor a year ago. it's smaller so you're closer to the tv screens with nice chairs. Ceasars is classic too.

As far as watching at a sports book place, being there'll be sweet 16 basketball being aired at the same time, might that be a problem?

They might turn on the 13" black and white tv in the corner to the hockey game...

As far as watching at a sports book place, being there'll be sweet 16 basketball being aired at the same time, might that be a problem?

There should only be 2 bball games on at the time, so I'd think they could turn at least 1 tv to hockey. Probably check with a manager a few hours before so you can make plans if they say they won't turn on the hockey game.

There should only be 2 bball games on at the time, so I'd think they could turn at least 1 tv to hockey. Probably check with a manager a few hours before so you can make plans if they say they won't turn on the hockey game.

This. Be polite, go during the afternoon when its a little slower, make sure you let them know its on ESPNU (simple channel to find that they will have) and in your case probably doesn't hurt to let them know you have a large group that is interested in betting on some other events, but want to make sure you are at a place that will also allow you to watch the hockey game.

This. Be polite, go during the afternoon when its a little slower, make sure you let them know its on ESPNU (simple channel to find that they will have) and in your case probably doesn't hurt to let them know you have a large group that is interested in betting on some other events, but want to make sure you are at a place that will also allow you to watch the hockey game.

That's why I say ceasers guys there are usually great as long as you are a decent group and ask don't tell them you want the game. I've been there and haave seen indian cricket so if its on tv they will find it for you.

I've asked before, but since it's game day, I'll try again. Anything going on in Sioux Falls?

The Alumni Association or Champions Club have not released anything new that I've seen outside of the normal list they have. Somewhat disappointed in that.

If anyone is watching the game in downtown Minneapolis, feel free to stop by the Pourhouse and join us. I figure that bar should have some goodwill toward UND fans after last weekend and will put the game on at least one of their big screens.

If anyone is watching the game in downtown Minneapolis, feel free to stop by the Pourhouse and join us. I figure that bar should have some goodwill toward UND fans after last weekend and will put the game on at least one of their big screens.

Anyone wanting to set up a viewing party at a bar should just call the bar and make arrangements/reservations. Ask them if they can reserve a section and TV's for your group. If they agree then send your viewing party info to the alumni assoc and they can add it to their list. That's how it gets done. UND does not have staff arranging parties in every city.

The Alumni Association or Champions Club have not released anything new that I've seen outside of the normal list they have. Somewhat disappointed in that.

Seems like the organized viewing parties have really dropped off / gone extinct in the last decade. (I know they stopped around here around 5 years ago, but am also commenting on the decreasing announcements from the alumni office). I guess it's a result of increased television + internet coverage.

Anyone wanting to set up a viewing party at a bar should just call the bar and make arrangements/reservations. Ask them if they can reserve a section and TV's for your group. If they agree then send your viewing party info to the alumni assoc and they can add it to their list. That's how it gets done. UND does not have staff arranging parties in every city.

Ummm, you mean my "viewing party" of 2? I think I'll just show up. If they don't want to put it on, I'll go somewhere else.

mksioux,

I just walked by the Pour House an hour ago and stopped in. They are playing the Michigan basketball game on the big screen starting at 6:15. They said they can change any of the other TVs to ESPNU for the game. They also said happy hour is running 3pm to 10pm today! Hope this helps you out.... I'm still looking for the college hockey bar of MSP. Crooked Pint seems to play Notre Dame hockey all of the time.... 508 Bar is a badger bar.... they might have the volume up for the hockey game.....

• Upvote 1