SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan bus to Cincy

YaneA

Would love to go but. 30 hours on a bus is something my back just couldn't do.

If the regionals where as they should be at home teams campus site....I would be in for Madison no matter what.....better experience....hands down

Agreed, wish it was that way and in Madison where there'd be sure to be 15k plus screaming fans...but I'm sure Cincinatti will be awesome with the 800 fans in attendance.

Questioning why we can't fill a fan bus to a regional and providing possible alternate explanations= Bashing fanbase that I am a part of

Ok, glad we got that cleared up :glare:

'I thought we were the team who had fans that travel so well.' If sarcasm = bashing not intended, I apologize.

Ok, glad that's cleared up! :whistling:

The year is 2014.....people use airplanes as forms of transportation.

Not when the tickets are in the $1,000 range that I've been hearing about. But go ahead and use the current year as an implication that every single person flies to games. I've driven to a game in Omaha and Denver so that sorta debunks your airtight theory.

Not when the tickets are in the $1,000 range that I've been hearing about. But go ahead and use the current year as an implication that every single person flies to games. I've driven to a game in Omaha and Denver so that sorta debunks your airtight theory.

I've never flown to a game. My motto is if you can get there in a day : drive.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but reality is nobody wants to sit on a bus for 15 hours, minimum. It was a good idea but Cincinnati is just too far for most people. Doesn't mean the fan base does not support the team and travel well, it means they are going to get there another way.

Omaha and Denver are easy drives....I could do that in my sleep. Driving to Cincy from the Grand Forks metro area????? Horrible trip....

Sorry but reality is nobody wants to sit on a bus for 15 hours, minimum. It was a good idea but Cincinnati is just too far for most people. Doesn't mean the fan base does not support the team and travel well, it means they are going to get there another way.

You are not counting the stay in Chicago that they wanted to do. I'm sorry but if you are going to take a fan base....do it in one day.

Omaha and Denver are easy drives....I could do that in my sleep. Driving to Cincy from the Grand Forks metro area????? Horrible trip....

Oh, good, so you're jetting into and out of CVG for the regional! Would you have room in your carry-on to bring me back a T Shirt?

The year is 2014.....people use airplanes as forms of transportation.

Bus is still used by some of us 'common folk' who can't afford a $750-$1000 last-second flight booking to the hub of Cincinnati...how is the shrimp and lobster up in first class?

• Upvote 1

Last year was better because, while Grand Rapids was kind of in the middle of nowhere, it wasn't that bad to fly into Chicago or Detroit and drive the rest of the way (though attendance there was HORRIBLE). But it's hard to do regionals last minute; you almost have to ask off the vacation and save the money in advance on the hopes they make it. At least with the Frozen Four you get two weeks to prepare (which still isn't enough for some jobs).

I know no one wants to but some still do. And I know the fan base supports the team, as I've witnessed and participated in it many times. This is why I was inquiring why the bus was a bust but it may be too far for a bus like you said.

Why is this all of the sudden a bad fan base if we don't go to cincy in droves? This isn't an Omaha which we knew about 6-8 months in advance. This isn't a huge hub of fan base location like Minneapolis and Denver. The only regionals that I can remember there being thousands of UND fans at were Denver and Minneapolis. Like last weeks conversation of every game being a home game, I believe that where there is a local fan base, there will be a huge draw. If there are 1000 Sioux fans at the game(hopefully games) I would be tickled green. I seem to remember last year expecting quite a bit of fans to be in Grand Rapids. There was what, maybe 200?? Flights to Denver from Bismarck are running around 200 rt right now and were in Feb too. I know quite a few who flew. I myself have my own reasons for not going, money being one of them. This does not make me a bad fan and UND's fans a bad fan base. I'm sorry that the fan bus didn't work out, but hey, maybe next time(as in 2 weeks for the natty).

• Upvote 1