SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan bus to Cincy

YaneA

The boys are going to Cincy and you can, too!

Al Pearson is looking for at least 35 commits for passage on the fan bus to the Midwest Regional by noon Wednesday or the bus doesn't go.

Change in previously announced plan: Now, looking at leaving Thursday morning, spending the night around Chicago and completing the trip on Friday. Can pick up fans along the route because the more, the merrier. Contact Al's daughter Joanna at 701-388-9825. Let's be there to cheer on the Sioux!

If you guys do stop in Indy I would love to meet some fellow fans depending on time for possibly lunch (student doing internship in Indy this semester). Is there any deal on hotels or tix/how does this work if we win vs lose, deciding whether or not to go.

He was on 1440 this morning. This is what I heard, and please correct me if I am wrong. I was driving to work, drinking coffee, texting, playing angry birds, and trying to listen to the radio. I might not have got it all.

Bus leaves 9 AM Thursday, stopping in Chicago for the night and get to Cincy by game time on Friday. Around $450. They said that was rooms (2 people per room), tickets, refreshments, and bus. They need 35 people. He did not say how many they had already.

He was on 1440 this morning. This is what I heard, and please correct me if I am wrong. I was driving to work, drinking coffee, texting, playing angry birds, and trying to listen to the radio. I might not have got it all.

Bus leaves 9 AM Thursday, stopping in Chicago for the night and get to Cincy by game time on Friday. Around $450. They said that was rooms (2 people per room), tickets, refreshments, and bus. They need 35 people. He did not say how many they had already.

He was on 1440 this morning. This is what I heard, and please correct me if I am wrong. I was driving to work, drinking coffee, texting, playing angry birds, and trying to listen to the radio. I might not have got it all.Bus leaves 9 AM Thursday, stopping in Chicago for the night and get to Cincy by game time on Friday. Around $450. They said that was rooms (2 people per room), tickets, refreshments, and bus. They need 35 people. He did not say how many they had already.

Didn't hear him on the radio but as someone whose gone on Al's bus for about 15 years, the room price isn't included, that you pay for separately. What he probably said was they have rooms reserved. I will clarify with his daughter and post here.

Didn't hear him on the radio but as someone whose gone on Al's bus for about 15 years, the room price isn't included, that you pay for separately. What he probably said was they have rooms reserved. I will clarify with his daughter and post here.

You may be right.. I may be crazy.

I have gone before too, and yes, the rooms were not in the cost so that is why I said I was not totally sure. I thought I heard him say the rooms were included. That would be great if you could check with her and post back.

Just trying to get the word out and get the 35 people on the bus. Al is a one of a kind great guy and if you make the trip you will get to meet him and know why. No matter how old or young you are, you are guaranteed to have a good time you will never forget.

I was driving to work, drinking coffee, texting, playing angry birds, and trying to listen to the radio.

Angry Birds?? That's so 2 years ago! No Candy Crush?!?!

Now if you say you were then driving/steering with your knees...I have a new hero. :lol:

Just spoke with Joanna, Al's daughter. She said, yes, you pay for rooms separately but they are hoping to get rooms at a discounted group rate and that people will double up or more in those rooms so that the expenses for tix+bus+rooms would be in the $450-500 range. If you want to go, please give Joanna a call at 701-388-9825

Well, I'm 62. Sit by me and we'll reminisce about the Pleistocene Age!

Regulars are usually 50+. Some youngsters jump on as one-offs. Using Twitter, may bring in younger crowd, that's true. We won't know demographics until we actually get commits.

What would age range run on an adventure like this, I am too old to take a 20 hour party run with a bunch of twentysomethings.

I just assumed that the "90" in your moniker meant that you graduated from UND in 1990. I guess I was wrong - you're ACTUALLY 90! Very cool! Get on the bus!

If you're dithering about whether or not to jump on the bus and help paint Cincy green, stop it! The deadline to commit to the trip is tomorrow, Wednesday, Mar. 26 at noon. If at least 35 people don't agree to go, the bus doesn't roll.

Lack of interest? I still hope the every game's a home game rule applies in Cincy!

To clarify, a minimum of 35 passengers was necessary for the bus to roll. I was told the Pearsons received no more than 10 calls expressing interest and that, as the deadline loomed, those callers indicated they would not be committing to the trip.

Might be time to start a "why does attendance suck at regionals?" thread

To clarify, a minimum of 35 passengers was necessary for the bus to roll. I was told the Pearsons received no more than 10 calls expressing interest and that, as the deadline loomed, those callers indicated they would not be committing to the trip.

Might be time to start a "why does attendance suck at regionals?" thread

This is too bad, I heard Ferris State already had one bus confirmed with a possible 2nd. I understand it's only about 7 hours vs. Grand Forks being 15 bus still disappointed. I thought we were the team who had fans that travel so well. I just hope people are flying or driving their own cars.

I would love to go but I'm starting a new job tomorrow. I'm sure other folks have their own valid reasons to not fill Al's bus. No reason to start bashing the fan base.

Questioning why we can't fill a fan bus to a regional and providing possible alternate explanations= Bashing fanbase that I am a part of

Ok, glad we got that cleared up :glare: