SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA selection show 11am ESPNU

AZSIOUX

PWR should be used as a tool to objectively pick the teams in the tourney. It isn't accurate enough to strictly adhere to for bracket integrity. That said I hate that the NCAA won't take action to avoid 2nd round conference games, but will move a team to save $25k. Dumb.

I wonder if Wisconsin players are thinking "what have we done!" Wisconsin won, letting UND into the tournament and now they get to play a team (Sioux), who has a very high chance to knock them out of the tournament. Sioux players you have your opportunity now stick it to the badgers.

• Upvote 1

Good point. Your team is way awesomer than mine! Have fun with Bucky. :p

so wrong in many ways. #1. you just used the word 'awesomer.' #2. i would think a fan of the #1 seed wouldn't resort to going on a former rival's league-mate's website to stir things up. then i remembered your a goofer fan born with false entitlement insecurities and it makes sense. i guess i'm out of practice since i don't watch, follow, or think about your squad anymore. i will think about them for a few seconds when you're bounced next weekend by Clown/ND. :p

I look forward to playing Wisco - I could care less about the goofs

Indeed. Wisconsin is a good team, but I can think of other teams I'd rather face. I watched Ferris State this weekend, and they look overrated. I don't know much about Colgate, but UND got a pretty favorable region this year.

PWR should be used as a tool to objectively pick the teams in the tourney. It isn't accurate enough to strictly adhere to for bracket integrity. That said I hate that the NCAA won't take action to avoid 2nd round conference games, but will move a team to save $25k. Dumb.

You post this every year, and I agree every year. BC and Lowell shouldn't be in the same bracket; nor Union and QU. Mix it up, and let teams and fans see someone different.

As for the Sioux, objectively I would consider them one of the easier draws in the tournament. I'd rather face a team that limped into the tournament than someone on a roll. That said, the college hockey postseason has truly turned into a bizarre event, as demonstrated numerous times in recent seasons and of course over the last two weekends. Yale winning an improbable Broadmoor of sorts on its way to a national title widens the world of the possible even further than before.

UND, like 15 other teams, can win two games next weekend, and we shouldn't any longer be surprised at who does. Can UND do it without a first line, without a power play that can get the puck into the zone, and with a young defense? Yes, because anyone can. All you have to do is score more goals than the other guys, and there's no set formula to do it. If UND does it, I think their formula will have been: goaltend well and get some bounces.

Good point. Your team is way awesomer than mine! Have fun with Bucky. :p

UND is always "way awesomer" than the Gophs, even when the Gophs have better talent; I will concede that point.

I wonder if Bucky fans are happier having #14 UND on their schedule rather than #13 Vermont?

Minnesota is the clear favorite in their region, but I'd root for SCSU over ND. Minnesota had their hands full with ND earlier in the year. Union is playing the best, but their region is pretty balanced. The BC region is brutal. Every other team is playing well, and Minnesota State thoroughly impressed me this weekend. Lowell is probably one of the four best teams in the country, but they better not sleep on Mankato.

Indeed. Wisconsin is a good team, but I can think of other teams I'd rather face. I watched Ferris State this weekend, and they look overrated. I don't know much about Colgate, but UND got a pretty favorable region this year.

Agreed, I think they are in the very favorable region. Key against Wisco is get and early lead and play the whole game. If you let up at all they will make you pay, like Ohio State.