SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at SCSU-Saturday

sprig

Cory Thorson is a classless ass.

I was sitting second row when he scored scsu's second goal and came over to very aggressively taunt us. Completely over the top. Hey, celebrate your goal - but show at least some minimal level of sportsmanship.

Faragher came by for a little taunt after the eng, but he just came off as a dork.

Hello again. I was sitting third row in the section to your right. I don't doubt you'll recognize me in a minute.

Let's talk about "classlessness." Let's talk for just a minute about "minimal level of sportsmanship."

All night, you and your buddies were drunkenly chanting the sexist and classless "Husky Women!" chant, and when I called you out on it, someone's sportsmanlike response was to flip me off and call me a stupid whore. You scream "Sioux!" when UND has dropped the nickname due to it being offensive, and when everyone who runs your university, plus our conference and the NCAA, not to mention the Lakota (Sioux) nation, has condemned its use. You show up drunk as hell to a dry campus, and call our building a "parking garage" because we didn't accept money from a Nazi benefactor. You cussed and swore at the top of your lungs while young children sat in the seats in the row beneath me and behind me. You called my friend a bitch and my father a fat old man. You were obnoxious, rude, and out of line; you have NO ROOM to talk about being "classless" or having sportsmanship.

Cory Thorson scored a goal, skated over to the glass to celebrate, and taunted you a little bit. Of the two, I think that's about a thousand times less offensive.

Don't come back to my rink. Not only are you unwelcome, it's not worth the money to go home crying over a loss and a broken nose.

Hello again. I was sitting third row in the section to your right. I don't doubt you'll recognize me in a minute.

Let's talk about "classlessness." Let's talk for just a minute about "minimal level of sportsmanship."

All night, you and your buddies were drunkenly chanting the sexist and classless "Husky Women!" chant, and when I called you out on it, someone's sportsmanlike response was to flip me off and call me a stupid whore. You scream "Sioux!" when UND has dropped the nickname due to it being offensive, and when everyone who runs your university, plus our conference and the NCAA, not to mention the Lakota (Sioux) nation, has condemned its use. You show up drunk as hell to a dry campus, and call our building a "parking garage" because we didn't accept money from a Nazi benefactor. You cussed and swore at the top of your lungs while young children sat in the seats in the row beneath me and behind me. You called my friend a bitch and my father a fat old man. You were obnoxious, rude, and out of line; you have NO ROOM to talk about being "classless" or having sportsmanship.

Cory Thorson scored a goal, skated over to the glass to celebrate, and taunted you a little bit. Of the two, I think that's about a thousand times less offensive.

Don't come back to my rink. Not only are you unwelcome, it's not worth the money to go home crying over a loss and a broken nose.

"Your" rink? Epic rant, bro. Lot of areas covered.

Do you want some cheese?

You didn't have to accept money from a benefactor, you begged the state of minnesotafor it and put a new front door on the dump.

congrats to St.Cloud on winning the Penrose. Good luck with Miami.

You're rink? Are you trying to say you're the ghost of Herb Brooks? GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

Do you want some cheese?

Do you? I wasn't the one crying about a goal celebration. I just came here to point out some hypocrisy.

You didn't have to accept money from a benefactor, you begged the state of minnesotafor it and put a new front door on the dump.

congrats to St.Cloud on winning the Penrose. Good luck with Miami.

Thanks. Personally, I love our rink. It's got great atmosphere and the state of Minnesota could have kept its money and its glass front for all I care. Engelstad is gorgeous, but it's got all the energy of a funeral home. If I wanted to be surrounded by marble I'd go to a mausoleum.

Am I the ghost of Herb Brooks? Nope, but I've paid rent on the parking garage for the last 24 years... and I love the place enough to claim it.

Congratulations on your second-place finish. Can't wait to see you in the playoffs.

Wow. It's cute that you came to the siouxsports forum a week after the game to complain about UND fans. Busy week cutting holes in sheets and painting derogatory symbols on walls? A fan of SCSU lecturing about being respectful is pretty rich, especially when tossing around the word 'Nazi'.

Oh, where to start ...

First, "Husky Women" is neither sexist nor classless. It is a truism. So is "Husky Men". Your team is "Huskies", and you admit to being a woman, so you would logically be a Husky Woman. I would think you would find it something to be proud of. If you are insulted by being called a Husky Woman, perhaps you need to look inward and change team allegiance or change your gender.

Second, as to being called a "stupid whore". I note you don't dispute that. Just saying.

Also, the reason they called your building a parking garage is not because you didn't take money from a Nazi benefactor. Its because it is a parking garage.

One other thing you should know ... whoever these SIOUX fans who offended you, are likely to grow up. Perhaps you did your little part to encourage them to do so.

But the really great thing about SIOUX fans, is there will always be more.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, did you call your campus dry? The only reputation St Cloud has as an institution is as a dirty party school where std rates are impressive to say the least. Your campus is about as dry as Chicago during prohibition.

Please don’t lecture us about Sportsmanship. Over the years, some of the worst behavior I have ever witnessed at the Final Five has come from Saint Cloud State fans. I had some buffoon from your fan base threaten me because I wouldn’t call Mario Lamoureux a goon and our head coach a Hack. I almost had to get the security guard at the Liffy to have this rude, drunk behemoth get out of my way. My crime, I was leaving the bar wearing a Sioux jersey.

During a Final Five, either four or five years ago, we had to move our seats at the Xcel Energy Center because of the SCSU fans that were sitting behind us. They absolutely ruined the whole experience. They were some of the rudest fans I have ever met. They hockey knowledge was less that stellar, too.

I can see why the Gopher fans refer to your school as Jan Brady State University. Your fans fit the stereotype to a “T”.

Funny you should lecture UND fans about Racism… In 1992, one of my buddies was a RA at St. Cloud. At that time, your beloved school was a mess and had many racial incidents. So spare us the lecture.

For the most part SCSU has done nothing in the NCAA tourney. Your team has what? Four NCAA wins, 0 = NCAA titles. Let’s not forget a measly two league regular season titles. You’ve been to one Frozen Four.

I also found it humorous that your school was begging to get into the NCHC after your now retired former president opened his mouth and inserted his foot. Talking about class, you come on here to lecture us on a UND fan message board. Dude you should probably go to USCHO or the Husky fan message board where you can celebrate your team’s second league title… I wonder if your university will hang another participation banner?

Edited by Goon

You scream "Sioux!" when UND has dropped the nickname due to it being offensive...

That's a good one... We dropped the nickname because of people like the SCSU president who made it their personal crusade to force UND drop the nickname. This is while his campus his own campus that he was responsible for a mess. Maybe Roy should have worried about his own campus first before he mettled in someone else's affairs. Hum?

Racist Incidents concern SCSU Students... Yet you lecture us...

Mohammed has always felt welcome here on the St. Cloud State campus. That is until the recent rash of swastika graffiti.

"It kind of makes me think 'Should I stay here to finish up my education or should I just go somewhere else?'. But I'm determined not to leave and not let that get in the way of my educational purposes in life," Mohammed says.

Julie Cruz heads up the school's multicultural student services office. Cruz says each incident that happens on campus takes a toll on minority students.

This one is even less flattering... Sad state of affairs.

St. Cloud’s national reputation for hate crimes, homophobia, record-setting rapes and xenophobia forced City Hall and SCSU to frantically seek public relations help. For SCSU, EMG creates diversionary propaganda to mislead trusting high school counselors, parents and students of color about St. Cloud’s racial hostility. If not bovine excrement, call it “last place aversion.” (“Last Place Aversion,” Ilyana Kuziemko, Princeton University, 10/19/2010)

This is really sad St. Cloud is synonymous with racism...

Edited by Goon

I had to check out this thread for myself. It totally lived up to expectations.

Yeah Cory Thorson is such a toolbox for celebrating in his own rink. Here's a quick question...anybody seen this picture yet?

XQEAAPLKVKPXSNX.20140301041032.jpg

It'd be hard not to...it's been floating around social media for a week. I'd be willing to bet there were SCSU fans sitting behind that glass. But I'd also be willing to bet they don't have as much sand in their vaginas as you assclowns. If that's enought to get you butthurt you probably have a REAL hard time with real life.

Yeah Cory Thorson is such a toolbox for celebrating in his own rink. Here's a quick question...anybody seen this picture yet?

XQEAAPLKVKPXSNX.20140301041032.jpg

It'd be hard not to...it's been floating around social media for a week. I'd be willing to bet there were SCSU fans sitting behind that glass. But I'd also be willing to bet they don't have as much sand in their vaginas as you assclowns. If that's enought to get you butthurt you probably have a REAL hard time with real life.

Be careful about the sand in vagina comment there, Izzi will break your nose.

• Upvote 1

Please don’t lecture us about Sportsmanship. Over the years, some of the worst behavior I have ever witnessed at the Final Five has come from Saint Cloud State fans. I had some buffoon from your fan base threaten me because I wouldn’t call Mario Lamoureux a goon and our head coach a Hack. I almost had to get the security guard at the Liffy to have this rude, drunk behemoth get out of my way. My crime, I was leaving the bar wearing a Sioux jersey.

During a Final Five, either four or five years ago, we had to move our seats at the Xcel Energy Center because of the SCSU fans that were sitting behind us. They absolutely ruined the whole experience. They were some of the rudest fans I have ever met. They hockey knowledge was less that stellar, too.

I can see why the Gopher fans refer to your school as Jan Brady State University. Your fans fit the stereotype to a “T”.

Funny you should lecture UND fans about Racism… In 1992, one of my buddies was a RA at St. Cloud. At that time, your beloved school was a mess and had many racial incidents. So spare us the lecture.

For the most part SCSU has done nothing in the NCAA tourney. Your team has what? Four NCAA wins, 0 = NCAA titles. Let’s not forget a measly two league regular season titles. You’ve been to one Frozen Four.

I also found it humorous that your school was begging to get into the NCHC after your now retired former president opened his mouth and inserted his foot. Talking about class, you come on here to lecture us on a UND fan message board. Dude you should probably go to USCHO or the Husky fan message board where you can celebrate your team’s second league title… I wonder if your university will hang another participation banner?

Goon 7 Jan 0, which is also the total amount of each school's nat... well, you get the idea

• Upvote 1

Dude that giant whoosing sound you heard was you missing the entire point of this last page. I'll use short words so you can follow.

I object to being called racist when UND does more for native americans than ANY other school in the region I ESPECIALLY object when the criticsm comes from a representative of a school with a long and inglorious history of documented and ongoing racism. (Others on this page share that view, and say it more eloquently than I.) You should be calling your own leaders to task, but I'm pretty sure you haven't.

I object to being accused of creating an adverse environment for small children. ESPECIALLY by a representative of a school with ongoing organized profanity from the student section. Clean up your own house first.

I object to the idea that "Husky Women" is classless and sexist. When it is indeed a truism. As noted above.

I apologize for using long words here, but if you want to understand what I'm writing, I suggest you get a degree from somewhere other than St Cloud State University.

• Upvote 1

Yeah yeah. The red headed stepchild that nobody wanted just went and won your cute little league. I certainly hope that sticks in your craw.

Goon - obviously all fanbases have their bad eggs. Over the last 10 years I've been routinely fallen on and sworn at by UND fans at Final Five. And Gopher fans. I've also watched UND fans barfing all over themselves because they were partying too hard all day. You're not special because you had your weekend ruined.

Yeah yeah. The red headed stepchild that nobody wanted just went and won your cute little league. I certainly hope that sticks in your craw.

So the fan base that is so offended by the expression "husky women" isn't afraid to lob out the "red headed stepchild" slam at someone else? I have two sisters with red hair and am offended by your comment.

St Cloud State fans can all kiss Pope Gino Gasparini's ring in appreciation for his lobbying to get the Huskies into the NCHC. Personally, I was pulling for Ferris State...

Goon - obviously all fanbases have their bad eggs. Over the last 10 years I've been routinely fallen on and sworn at by UND fans at Final Five. And Gopher fans. I've also watched UND fans barfing all over themselves because they were partying too hard all day. You're not special because you had your weekend ruined.

Whoosh. Strike two.

Dude, I had one of your own fans tell me how much he hates your fanbase so the holier than thou attitude can stop right now. You act like we're all picking on you, or your fanbase. Which is BS.

I mean, I got name called by SCSU fans for winning the fan of the week contest. And what did I do to deserve that? Go to a hockey game, where the jersey of the team I'm a fan of and enter a contest? Yes. I totally deserved that.

Enjoy the league championship. We have more important things to worry about.

Every fan base has its idiots. I berated a fellow Sioux fan celebrating his 21st birthday as well as his mommy a few years ago at the final five - an absolute sloppy drunken mess - the both of them. Gopher and Huskie fans alike in my section applauded me when I called them out. Pretty funny.

Congratulations to St Cloud on the league regular season title.

Whoosh. Strike two.

OK...let me put this in smaller words so you can figure it out.

I don't blame you for not appreciating being lumped in with all the widesweeping generalizations about what a UND fan is. Who WOULD like that? You're not a Nazi. Duh. Conversely, none of us are Roy Saigo. None of us were in some idiotic picket line denouncing how terrible your school's nickname is. The only reason I'm in favor of it is because it makes you guys mad and it makes me chuckle. Nothing personal. :)

Again, you should be annoyed at these generalizations. But why shouldn't SCSU fans be pissed about how all our female fans are called "Husky" by opposing fans (no...not just by UND fans in general or you personally)? Yeah yeah...I get it. That's our nickname. If you're going to insinuate for one second that it's not meant as a fat joke I will laugh in your face. Or why shouldn't we be insulted by everyone thinking we're idiots just because we have an STC on our sweaters? You want to persecute us for all of these wrongdoings. Some of them aren't any of our business and didn't involve us personally in the first place. Other things your fanbase (in general) are just as guilty of. You know...glass houses and stones and such.

I don't like people who act like tools in public thinking they're some big man. One year at Final Five there was some HAMMERED Gopher fan speaking just disgustingly at the UND cheerleaders. Who told that fat idiot to sit down and shut up? None of the UND fans in the area...it was me. Show respect to people around you.

I also apologize to all gingers out there.

Every fan base has its idiots. I berated a fellow Sioux fan celebrating his 21st birthday as well as his mommy a few years ago at the final five - an absolute sloppy drunken mess - the both of them. Gopher and Huskie fans alike in my section applauded me when I called them out. Pretty funny.

Congratulations to St Cloud on the league regular season title.

Kinda like the one time I was at this place called the Hogg and some guy gets up and takes blame for one of the best UND teams EVER taking a dump at a rink in Ann Arbor. Drunken idiot..... :glare: And to think he had his two year old with him.....