SiouxSports.com Forum

MN High School Hockey Tourney

hrkac

EGF all over Hermantown 5-1 after 2. EGF has only given up more than 2 goals twice this season. Reffing has been pretty soft but at least it has gone both ways. Really hope the Sioux can get a few of these kids to stay home to play their college hockey.

Congrats to EGF. Nice not to see STA skating around with a trophy. Not sure about any outside kids that ended up on this team, but if you look at the core its all GF area kids (Poolman, Bowen, Tweten, Eades, etc.)

As far as having just having the one division argument goes, Edina would beat the team I used to coach (who is in class A Minnesota hockey) by 30 goals. Not kidding. I like having two divisions. The small schools should get some time in the limelight as well. Would any of these teams in the A tournament even make the AA outside of maybe EGF?

Congrats to EGF on the Class A Championship. Congrats to Roseau as well as they beat Duluth East 3-2 for the Consolation Championship. This group for EGF has won championships at every level for EGF and really kind of re-energized the program as their youth program is really thriving right now. Not sure how Bowen and Eades were left of the all tournament team. I know some kids could leave early but I'm hopeful they don't as it could be a real battle between EGF and Warroad in 8A again with Bethune and Roth having another year of eligibility and EGF's top line returning.

Could be seeing EGF there again. Goalie back, lot of forwards coming back. You could see a repeat next year. With the coaching staff that they have in place they could be winning a lot.

Thats if of course everyone comes back......which is a question that comes to many programs.

You can always tell the difference between the Roseau-Warroad-TRF-Moorhead-EGF kids and the Edina-Jefferson-Minnetonka-Woodbury-Wayzara kids when walking thru the crowds every year at the Let's Play Hockey expo...

Local kids - cutting you off, bumping into you without a simple "excuse me," walking around in their warm-up gear like they own the place.

First group of towns listed - "go ahead, sir."

BTW...uniform watch: EGF = A+!

Lakeville using the old Nordiques logo is pretty nice. I'm hoping that they get themselves a championship tonight. They have to hit the crap out of Edina. A coach I had used to say, "Hit them from the time they step off the bus". If they let Edina win the physical battles and knock them all over the place then its Edina celebrating another state title.

And of course. The most important position in all of sports, needs to be there for Lakeville.

No disrespect intended to either of these teams, but if you have the guts to play the Blaines, Moorheads, Roseaus, and Duluth Easts of the world during the season, why are you still playing A hockey when it comes to playoff time? The sectional scores of these two teams (outside of EGF's OT win over Warroad) were pretty ridiculous.

If you look back on who sent EGF home early in state last season, that team won it many years in a row and finally moved up. This is Like what you reap is what you sow? Or what comes around goes around?Besides aren't these classifications set by your enrollment, not how good you are?

If you look back on who sent EGF home early in state last season, that team won it many years in a row and finally moved up. This is Like what you reap is what you sow? Or what comes around goes around?Besides aren't these classifications set by your enrollment, not how good you are?

Classification set by enrollment. If STA wanted to stay in class A and win state championship after state championship they could. Then again, I believe Roseau could play in class A if they wanted to as well.

Classification set by enrollment. If STA wanted to stay in class A and win state championship after state championship they could. Then again, I believe Roseau could play in class A if they wanted to as well.

Loosely based on enrollment - teams can play AA if they elect to. STA made a mockery of the A level, but it's not the only school that's sand-bagged in A knowing they could compete at the AA level.

Expecting a good one tonight between Lakeville North and Edina. Lakeville North needs to take a page out of Eagan's book and make sure to play physical against Edina but also has to stay out of the box because the Edina powerplay is very dangerous. I think Edina has the better depth and skill for the most part but North has the better goaltending. I'm taking Lakeville North 3-2 in OT.

Edina leads Lakeville North 3-2 after one so guess I was off with my hopeful prediction. Lots of great action, North doesn't look quite as quick and I wonder if the OT games have them a little more tired. Edina has looked very crisp and physical. Both teams have cashed in on a powerplay and I think North has to find a way to generate more shots as Edina's goalie hasn't looked all that solid when tested.

I turn it for a bit when its 1-0 Edina, then before you know it its 3-2 after one.

The offense that some of these kids can create for themselves is amazing. And like I already mentioned, some of these kids have some of the best shots I've ever seen for the high school level. I mean, how many bar down goals we've seen this weekend where goaltenders had no opportunities to make saves.

And I think overall the goaltending has been pretty good as well.

I turn it for a bit when its 1-0 Edina, then before you know it its 3-2 after one.

The offense that some of these kids can create for themselves is amazing. And like I already mentioned, some of these kids have some of the best shots I've ever seen for the high school level. I mean, how many bar down goals we've seen this weekend where goaltenders had no opportunities to make saves.

And I think overall the goaltending has been pretty good as well.

Agreed, the North goalie Oettinger really has had no chance on any of the Edina goals and has come up with a couple big saves to keep the game where it is. North's goals have come on rebounds and more scramble situations.