SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ St. Cloud St.

AZSIOUX

My St. Cloud State co-worker came up to me today at lunch and stated that UND will likely sweep them because they have two key defensemen out this weekend. Naturally, when I asked who, he refused to tell me.

This is the same guy who was sandbagging a few weeks ago and told me that some of their key players had been suspended by Motzko and that he (my co-worker) was throwing in the towel on the season. On blind faith I posted what he said here and true to smart UND fans' fashion, some of you checked and could not find where there were any players out for suspension.

So we can win the Penrose on Saturday night and lock up the number 1 seed, correct?

A sweep in regulation would give us 15 wins and 45 points

The best cloud could then finish is 14 wins and 45 points with a sweep to end the reg season

The best UNO could finish is 14 wins and 45 points with 4 wins to end the reg season

Am I doing this right?

So we can win the Penrose on Saturday night and lock up the number 1 seed, correct?

A sweep in regulation would give us 15 wins and 45 points

The best cloud could then finish is 14 wins and 45 points with a sweep to end the reg season

The best UNO could finish is 14 wins and 45 points with 4 wins to end the reg season

Am I doing this right?

Yes. That is one of the ways that UND wins the league title.

We would lock up the number one seed and a share of the cup but to win the cup outright we would need one more point. The tie breakers are used for seeding but you can still have co-league champions from what I understand.

First series I get to go to this year. Can't wait. St. Cloud is always fun.

We were with a group of people so I couldn't pursue things much, but it sounded like Comcast had no interest in working with Midco. I've heard in the past that Comcast was difficult to deal with.

Interesting. Does comcast own charter? I'm guessing that either und or midco paid for the satellite uplink this past weekend or Saturdays at least. No clue why they couldn't do the same for this upcoming weekend. Was the midco feed from the St. Cloud series in grand forks earlier this season made available to charter? There's gotta be more to the reasoning midco can't pick it up.

Interesting. Does comcast own charter? I'm guessing that either und or midco paid for the satellite uplink this past weekend or Saturdays at least. No clue why they couldn't do the same for this upcoming weekend. Was the midco feed from the St. Cloud series in grand forks earlier this season made available to charter? There's gotta be more to the reasoning midco can't pick it up.

No, Comcast and Charter have actually been competing to buy Time Warner, Comcast stole it away a few weeks ago. I don't think that Charter and Comcast get along at all. I believe that Charter actually does the games for St. Cloud. Maybe Charter is the one that actually refused to let Midco have it and Comcast got blamed, or maybe I heard the name wrong. Either way, Midco wanted to do exactly the same thing as they did for Duluth last week and they were not allowed. They couldn't get rights to broadcast.

No, Comcast and Charter have actually been competing to buy Time Warner, Comcast stole it away a few weeks ago. I don't think that Charter and Comcast get along at all. I believe that Charter actually does the games for St. Cloud. Maybe Charter is the one that actually refused to let Midco have it and Comcast got blamed, or maybe I heard the name wrong. Either way, Midco wanted to do exactly the same thing as they did for Duluth last week and they were not allowed. They couldn't get rights to broadcast.

Charter airs the games and owns the broadcast rights. Charter isn't in the Twin Cities, but Comcast airs the Charter feed there for SCSU home games. No idea as to why they wouldn't charge Midco and let them broadcast the game.

I wonder why midco couldn't get the rights from charter if Comcast can.....especially when Comcast and charter do not get along. Maybe this has to do with a feed not being shared with charter earlier this season when St. Cloud was in grand forks? I'm not sure. All I know is someone last weekend thought it was important enough to pay for a satellite truck and they are not doing the same for Saturday night in St. Cloud.

I wonder why midco couldn't get the rights from charter if Comcast can.....especially when Comcast and charter do not get along. Maybe this has to do with a feed not being shared with charter earlier this season when St. Cloud was in grand forks? I'm not sure. All I know is someone last weekend thought it was important enough to pay for a satellite truck and they are not doing the same for Saturday night in St. Cloud.

Comcast used to broadcast St. Cloud games before this year. Comcast has a contract to show multiple St. Cloud games in the Twin Cities this season. That contract was in place before the season, the conflict has happened in the past month. That is a totally different situation. Midcontinent tried to do the same thing as last week, they were not allowed. Your anger toward Midcontinent is showing. You assume that Midcontinent did something wrong. They made an effort to go above and beyond their contract to show UND sports. It didn't work out. They will continue to try to add UND away games where they can make it work.

Comcast used to broadcast St. Cloud games before this year. Comcast has a contract to show multiple St. Cloud games in the Twin Cities this season. That contract was in place before the season, the conflict has happened in the past month. That is a totally different situation. Midcontinent tried to do the same thing as last week, they were not allowed. Your anger toward Midcontinent is showing. You assume that Midcontinent did something wrong. They made an effort to go above and beyond their contract to show UND sports. It didn't work out. They will continue to try to add UND away games where they can make it work.

I don't have anger towards midcontinent. Was just curious why they couldn't get it. I think most Sioux fans appreciate when they can get additional coverage that wasn't expected so last Saturday was great. Hope they can continue to go above and beyond moving forward!