SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

With Jeremy Webb(CB) from Illinois committing and the fact that the staff is holding a couple scholarships for later in case a good recruit would surface this Spring, is it safe to say that the recruiting class for Wednesday is complete unless someone backs out?

They show Nevermann as a preferred walkon. It was said that Wyoming offered him a scholarship to stay at Wyoming. If that is true, he really must of wanted out of Wyoming.

That and he didn't want to play defense. Bohl wanted to move him to lb. He's also friends with Will James...or maybe it was Dylan Bakker.

With Jeremy Webb(CB) from Illinois committing and the fact that the staff is holding a couple scholarships for later in case a good recruit would surface this Spring, is it safe to say that the recruiting class for Wednesday is complete unless someone backs out?

I would think they are still hoping for Troy Hansen.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press shows a listing of all the 2015 commits from MN. They're showing a UND commit named Mike Junker from Hastings. I can't find any reference to him committing anywhere, least of all UND.

Anyone have any info on him? Or is it a misprint?

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27445196/high-schools-national-signing-day

The St. Paul Pioneer Press shows a listing of all the 2015 commits from MN. They're showing a UND commit named Mike Junker from Hastings. I can't find any reference to him committing anywhere, least of all UND.

Anyone have any info on him? Or is it a misprint?

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27445196/high-schools-national-signing-day

As of Jan 27 he appeared to have been committed to Bemidji State.

Does the big sky rank incoming recruiting classes? Obviously meaningless, unless the players perform on the field, but it would be interesting to see where we stand.

I'm really hoping some of these guys can make an immediate impact. Our defense took a really nice step forward last year; now we just need to start putting some offense up.

Holy !@#$ that kid has some huge hands. It looks like he's wesring a baseball glove. I'm interested to see how he develops.

I wonder if they will try him at receiver. Big fast guy with huge hand, seems like he should play offense, unless he is really dominant on D.

I wonder if they will try him at receiver. Big fast guy with huge hand, seems like he should play offense, unless he is really dominant on D.

Then again, I just watched his highlight and he looks pretty good on D. Can't wait to see what Bubba does with some of these guys.

Does the big sky rank incoming recruiting classes? Obviously meaningless, unless the players perform on the field, but it would be interesting to see where we stand.

I'm really hoping some of these guys can make an immediate impact. Our defense took a really nice step forward last year; now we just need to start putting some offense up.

That would be difficult to do. We probably wouldn't get that good of a rank because it would probably be just based off of stars.

Bubba did great things with the defense last year and yet he didn't even have his own recruits. Some of these DBs Bubba has acquired with this class are an absolute improvement over what UND has had since going DI. I'm really excited, as I only expect the defense to get even better moving forward.

As for the offense, more playmakers and more offensive linemen. All of that is present in this class so the offense should also only improve.

Good things ahead!

Bubba did great things with the defense last year and yet he didn't even have his own recruits. Some of these DBs Bubba has acquired with this class are an absolute improvement over what UND has had since going DI. I'm really excited, as I only expect the defense to get even better moving forward.

As for the offense, more playmakers and more offensive linemen. All of that is present in this class so the offense should also only improve.

Good things ahead!

Agreed, I like how much more size we have in our DBs. Can't wait to see what these guys can do on the field. Hopefully everyone signs tomorrow .. maybe with a nice surprise or two.

Agreed, I like how much more size we have in our DBs. Can't wait to see what these guys can do on the field. Hopefully everyone signs tomorrow .. maybe with a nice surprise or two.

We had an issue with 3rd and longs last year and that probably had something to do with the size of our players getting out positioned on balls down the field.  I heard one of the new JUCO safeties is looking really good, on par with Reyes.  Although Tillman is gone I anticipate the secondary being improved.  Linebackers will be experienced with senior leadership.....improved.  And I think the young d-line will be improved, too, but remains a question mark on how improved.  I know a guy or two on the d-line battling some injuries......limiting workouts. 

Tough to rank 5.  I think the coaches did a good job addressing needs.  Really have to be excited about the OL that were signed.  Different looking OL group than years past.  Engwall will be a good DL for us and hopefully the staff is able to retain Greer.  Looking at WR, Georges, Dulin and Santiago are athletic.  Reed looks like he could fill that toughness role that McGill brought the last few years before injury.  We got better at DB and LB.

Only concern will be depth at RB.  Would still like to see another transfer prior to next season.