SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Hearing Ja' Won Arrington, RB from UAB will be here this weekend with fellow former teammate Chris Rabb, a DL.

If they fit the mentality Bubba is going for they could be great additions. I is also nice to see that two guys from that team are visiting as it should help them with the transition if they both end up signing. 

Edit- This is a situation where the IPF certainly will help our chances since they played in a warmer climate.

UAB has some good looking wr as well. It'd be nice to grab one. It will be interesting where their rb #7 jordan Howard ends up. He had a very good year as a true fr and has nice size.

He will have a good list of schools to choose from .  Wisconsin, Michigan St., Notre Dame and a list of SEC schools are interested and/or offering.

One of the QB's UND has been looking at in Colorado Justin Roberts picked up first offer from Southwest Minnesota State. 

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1508037/highlights/171099380

First Offer for Pomona QB
Jeff StroudPublisher PrepColorado.com
1294225.jpg?w=600&h=360&fit=max

2015 Pomona quarterback Justin Roberts picks up first offer.

Earlier this week 2015 Pomona quarterback Justin Roberts gained his first offer coming from Southwest Minnesota State. Roberts had a great season helping his Pomona Panthers to a 9-3 record and a quarterfinal berth in playoffs.  For the season Roberts hit on 66% of his passes for 1,659 yards and thirteen scores against only three interceptions. 

At 6-4 195 pounds Roberts has great size, a good arm and solid athleticism.  Roberts’ game is made of strong feet in the pocket and he is especially adept throwing in multiple situations from multiple platforms.  Roberts’ mechanics, pocket awareness and understanding of the game were key to his very high completion rate this season. 

Beyond the Southwest Minnesota offer Roberts is hearing from Washburn, CSU-Pueblo, North Dakota, Georgetown, San Diego and Drake.  Wake Forest has also contacted, looking at Roberts as a preferred walk-on. In January Roberts will take visits to Washburn and CSU-Pueblo. 

Thanks.

Our staff may need to get a little stronger with deadlines on their offers. Don't let stuff drag through dead periods, like others don't.

That may work for UND coaches when it's the kids only offer, but if they give a kid with multiple offers a deadline, my guess is the recruit tells them thanks but no thanks. I don't think UND has that kind of leverage at this point on the recruiting trail.

He plays defense. If he can shave points off the scoreboard I want him.

What am I thinking. You can't allow someone to score by missing a tackle or assignment can you? Maybe with his buddy Jameis in the NFL next year, Rabb will have 16 weeks to win enough money for his tuition and UND won't have to use a scholarship for him.