SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

This is a very good point.  Tim Brewster was the best thing to happen to FU and Craig Bohl.  With Jerry Kill in charge of the Rodents, that gravy train will pretty much stop.

Just because Kill can actually coach does mean they've gotten any smarter about their own instate talent, they still way under recruit their own state.  UM has 31 in state players and Wisconsin has 48, with basically identical demographics.

A better UM might even be good for NDSU, because they would recruit better nationally and leave marginal talent to the Dakotas and UNI.

Just because Kill can actually coach does mean they've gotten any smarter about their own instate talent, they still way under recruit their own state. UM has 31 in state players and Wisconsin has 48, with basically identical demographics.

A better UM might even be good for NDSU, because they would recruit better nationally and leave marginal talent to the Dakotas and UNI.

Wrong. Minnesota will be good when they bring in both national players AND regional players. NDSU still is benefiting from Brewster via the seniors playing right now. Nevertheless, NDSU has recruited and DEVELOPED well over the past few years and that can't be overlooked.

Although this very well may have come against questionable competition, Oliveira had quite a game last week (from today's Herald):

UND does have a verbal commitment from a running back for the 2015 recruiting class in Winnipeg’s Brady Oliveira, who carried 16 times for 326 yards and three touchdowns in Oak Park High School’s Week 1 win over the Dakota Lancers last Friday.

UND has an offer out to EJ Turner, DB out of Huntsville, AL. He is a 2014 Army commit who is going to the Army prep school, which I believe means he can still be recruited.

He got quite a bit of attention coming out of HS - some think an SEC school should have picked him up.  5'10", 170 with a 4.5 40.

Kids I've heard are supposed to be on campus are Tristyn Hanson, Jerry Powe, Steven Greer, Cole Karcz, Casey Vesledahl and Hunter Carlberg.

I know Powe and Karcz for sure didn't get to see the others though.

I can confirm that Tristyn Hanson was there. I haven't heard anything about how his day went or his reaction. He'd look good in green.