SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

Lol @ smacking other schools lady sports. Said it before and will say it again... Those sports are neat if the team is good.. But no one really cares that much if they are bad.

So, you're a misogynist? I would be willing to bet if the NDSU woman's basketball program was going to the NCAA tourney you would be claiming that as well.

So, you're a misogynist? I would be willing to bet if the NDSU woman's basketball program was going to the NCAA tourney you would be claiming that as well.

Like I said... If they are good... That's great. I may even take the time to watch the game. But women's sports put me to sleep.

@TerryVandrovec

Commissioner Tom Douple said that the Summit League officially has increased its exit fee to $1M. It was $250K when UMKC, Oakland left.

So the Summit League is awfully fearful that NDSU and SDSU will jump to the Big Sky so they can become FBS too. Tom Douple can't sleep because of worry, while Johnnyboy dozes off.

Thought bizon fans were so sure the UND wanted in the Slummit. Guess Bresciani wants in the Big Sky, which is why Taylor left.

The Summit will survive be taking Chicago St and UMKC from the WAC, The WAC will take schools like S Utah, Idaho St, N Colo, and maybe Weber St that will not move to FBS.

• Upvote 2

Commissioner Tom Douple said that the Summit League officially has increased its exit fee to $1M. It was $250K when UMKC, Oakland left.

To steal a phrase, "My oh my."

That smells like a "lock down" or "lock in" of the current membership.

• Upvote 1

They should have thought of this years ago, the conference would have over $20 million! Just a money making machine.

• Upvote 4

@TerryVandrovec

So the Summit League is awfully fearful that NDSU and SDSU will jump to the Big Sky so they can become FBS too. Tom Douple can't sleep because of worry, while Johnnyboy dozes off.

Thought bizon fans were so sure the UND wanted in the Slummit. Guess Bresciani wants in the Big Sky, which is why Taylor left.

The Summit will survive be taking Chicago St and UMKC from the WAC, The WAC will take schools like S Utah, Idaho St, N Colo, and maybe Weber St that will not move to FBS.

One million seems like a lot of money but is it a lot for an exit fee? Where does this rank among other conferences?

One million seems like a lot of money but is it a lot for an exit fee? Where does this rank among other conferences?

Missouri and Texas A&M had to pay $12.41 million to the Big 12 originally it was suppose to be $30 million.

Nebraska paid $9 Million to the Big 12 originally suppose to be $20 million.

Colorado paid $6 million to the Big 12.

West Virginia paid $20 million to the Big East.

Missouri and Texas A&M had to pay $12.41 million to the Big 12 originally it was suppose to be $30 million.

Nebraska paid $9 Million to the Big 12 originally suppose to be $20 million.

Colorado paid $6 million to the Big 12.

West Virginia paid $20 million to the Big East.

Holy crap!! Good things those big schools can afford it.

Here's what I could come up with. Some of it could be out of date. Conferences sometimes raise their fees and no one notices until a member leaves. Summit went from near the bottom to mid-pack.

ACC $50M

Big 12 $19M-38M(depending on notice)

AAC $11.5M

Big East $5M-15M(depending on notice)

CUSA $500k base fee plus TV revenue share = $4M+

MWC 3x-6x the annual member conference payout(depending on notice)

MAC $2.5M

A-10 $2M

Big West $1.5M

SoCon $1M-1.5M(depending on notice)

CAA $1M

Horizon $1M

Summit $1M

WAC $900k-1M

OVC $500k-750k

MAAC $250k-1M(depending on notice)

Southland $250k(may be out of date)

NEC $250k

AEast $250k

A-Sun $200k

Big South undisclosed, but there is one

Big 10 no fee - give up media rights

Pac-12 no fee - give up media rights

MVC no fee

SEC no fee

Ivy no fee(assumption)

MEAC unknown

Patriot unknown

SWAC unknown

WCC unknown

The Summit League needs to raise money to pay for UMKC and Chicago State's exit fees from the WAC. They can't afford them unless someone else pays.

Teammakers for NDSU and Denny Sanford for SDSU will pay the million each. It is a cost of not being behind UND in an FBS conference.

A conference has never raised exit fees out of unity: they only raised them out of fear.

Every single conference that has raised exit fees has lost some school soon after. Like the ACC charging $50 M and media rights. The ACC feared losing Florida St and Clemson to the Big 12. Soon after the exit fee was raised, Maryland ran to the Big 10. Maryland claimed the exit fee increase didn't take effect by the time they left. The case is in litigation now.

Bisonville in just clueless. There are posters claiming the exit fee increase is a good thing. Talk about a bunch of morons. Absolutely clueless. NDSU is going FBS with the Big Sky, but they simply don't get it. Gene Taylor left because he can't stand UND, Montana State, and the Big Sky. If there was any possibilty of NDSU going FBS other than the Big Sky, Taylor would have stayed and captained the ship. But he only saw UND and the Big Sky as icebergs, not lifesaving boats. Bresciani has enough leadership skills and vision and is open enough toward UND to take NDSU to the Big Sky.

The Summit League needs to raise money to pay for UMKC and Chicago State's exit fees from the WAC. They can't afford them unless someone else pays.

Teammakers for NDSU and Denny Sanford for SDSU will pay the million each. It is a cost of not being behind UND in an FBS conference.

I have been gone for a while. Did I miss the press conference that the Big Sky is going FBS? Anybody have a link to a story?

O that's right, there aren't any press releases, conferences, news articles, etc. just some blow hard on the internet.

Terry Vandrovec?

Just read the press releases when they come out, but for the zillionth time, stay off the Sioux board. You add nothing. No sign of intelligent life. Zilch.

Terry Vandrovec?

Just read the press releases when they come out, but for the zillionth time, stay off the Sioux board. You add nothing. No sign of intelligent life. Zilch.

Yes stay off - no one wants a different view. The BSC is going FBS even though 9 out of the 13 FB schools lose money have terrible attendance and small venues.