SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

What you did was take a flyer on an experimental---company---drug and got lucky.  The invest road is littered with thousands of companies who have failed because the pony they were riding didnt come to fruition. Congrats.

What is confusing is how your supposed judgement is attuned to the stock market but so lacking when it comes to UND and a supposed move to FBS.  Ive never seen one person who has been as wrong as you. Except Lakes of course. Youre in good company.

Was an early investor in the Bakken and then got out mostly in 2014.  Sarepta has potential Nobel prize winning technology as far as I am concerned and just got into gene therapy for rare neuromuscular diseases where there isn’t any treatment.  Kids were helped by their trials and that was good enough for me as DMD doesn’t have a placebo effect but the world of investors mostly nixed it because they didn’t run a placebo arm at the same time.  There are more biotechs that have enormous potential -it’s been a step change lately in knowledge and drug producing ability - like Arrowhead Research that has a potential cure for Hepatitis B, which is major disease around the world with no cure.

But since I’m such a dumb*ss according to you and others here, so you should only be listened to as your the biggest (literally) con man ever.

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Seeing patterns that aren't really there is hardly a good trait of an investor. However, if you've really done anywhere near as well as you claim in the market (and your record on unsubstantiated claims isn't good), it's likely because you've taken a great deal more risk than what you thought at the time. Some people make money in Las Vegas too, but that doesn't necessarily make them good gamblers. 

Seeing patterns in something, that no one else sees, is a spiritual gift.

On 2/17/2014 at 11:48 PM, SiouxVolley said:

I wince a bit about the idea of UND going to FBS: the commitment and money and facilities are not easily put together. But as a school, what worries me more is that UND wouldn't have the commitment to FBS while the Big Sky does. Should UND back off and ask Douple for a spot because we're not up for the task? Idaho is committed to FBS. Montana has an FBS future planned, as FCS is not the financially prudent place to stay. It's an enormous commitment of resources and talent to get there. Will UND and the Grand Forks community have what it takes?

Oops!! Kind of missed the mark on that one!!  I am sure if I had time to go through the last 4 years of this nonsense, I could find plenty of statements you made that proved to be absolutely false.  You wonder why people question your predictions!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Seeing patterns in something, that no one else sees, is a spiritual gift.

Sure, if those patterns are real. Seeing patterns that don't really exist (apophenia) and acting on them can be a serious problem.

Apophenia is thought to be the main reason for gambling, conspiracy theories, and other delusional and dysfunctional behaviors. 

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Was an early investor in the Bakken and then got out mostly in 2014.  Sarepta has potential Nobel prize winning technology as far as I am concerned and just got into gene therapy for rare neuromuscular diseases where there isn’t any treatment.  Kids were helped by their trials and that was good enough for me as DMD doesn’t have a placebo effect but the world of investors mostly nixed it because they didn’t run a placebo arm at the same time.  There are more biotechs that have enormous potential -it’s been a step change lately in knowledge and drug producing ability - like Arrowhead Research that has a potential cure for Hepatitis B, which is major disease around the world with no cure.

But since I’m such a dumb*ss according to you and others here, so you should only be listened to as your the biggest (literally) con man ever.

The potential of the company and what it does has nothing to do with the point at hand. Plus its not like you developed the technology. You just bought shares and waited.

FYI increasing your net worth 10 times in 8 years really isnt that hard to do. All you have to do is max out your 401k every year for 8 years. That alone will give you over $ 160,000.00

The point is a why are you so wrong about EVERY prediction you have made on the football forum if you have such great undisputed vision?

3 hours ago, Gothmog said:

In my experience, people who claim to make have made huge returns in the stock market, like SV, are usually either: a) unsophisticated ,but lucky, fools or b) lying. 

Its usually the latter.  I was wondering when he was going to break out his supposed investment accum. He does this when people hold his feet to the fire on his predictions. You just have to wait for it.

14 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

It would be the stupidest thing NMSU has ever done, as it eliminates the possibility of FBS moveups, as the WAC can hand out FBS invites.  Of course NMSU is talking to some Big Sky schools to get them to move up.

Post pictures of distant sailboats moving out of the picture . . .  ** Here **

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

It would be the stupidest thing NMSU has ever done, as it eliminates the possibility of FBS moveups, as the WAC can hand out FBS invites.  Of course NMSU is talking to some Big Sky schools to get them to move up.

Link?????

16 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Any NMSU AD or President that has common sense would, so of course you need confirmation.

Here a link about what other posters think about your sense:

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?21710-AGS-(Bison-Fans)-are-racists

So you again have no proof for your assertions.  Not surprised

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The plan is the Big Sky to have two equal divisions. 

And I brought up FBS and was told that expect teams to go down to FCS because they are losing money. 

Oh, Montana and Montana State are not moving up anytime soon.

41 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The plan is the Big Sky to have two equal divisions. 

And I brought up FBS and was told that expect teams to go down to FCS because they are losing money. 

Oh, Montana and Montana State are not moving up anytime soon.

NMSU has already scheduled nearly full FBS teams until 2021.  2024 is the nearest year they can be serious about FCS.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/new-mexico-state/

Is your source Southpaw or Goon or bison trolls?

2024 is when some Big Sky teams will complete their FBS transition and can schedule NMSU.

NMSU needs some Big Sky schools, and it would be hush-hush until an announcement.  The schools know who blabs when confidential matters arise so they leak out talks that aren’t true.

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

NMSU has already scheduled nearly full FBS teams until 2021.  2024 is the nearest year they can be serious about FCS.

You literally claimed the exact same thing about Idaho not moving to FCS because of all the contracts they signed, yet here they are, in FCS.

NMSU is lost in no-man's land, them looking to move down has been looked at as an option for multiple years, it's just one of the possible realities of their situation. They have also had multiple talks with the Summit league, along with the Big Sky, trying to find a home for their sports that aren't football because they definitely aren't with like-minded schools in the WAC. Being an independent in football is a death sentence for them.

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You literally claimed the exact same thing about Idaho not moving to FCS because of all the contracts they signed, yet here they are, in FCS.

NMSU is lost in no-man's land, them looking to move down has been looked at as an option for multiple years, it's just one of the possible realities of their situation. They have also had multiple talks with the Summit league, along with the Big Sky, trying to find a home for their sports that aren't football because they definitely aren't with like-minded schools in the WAC. Being an independent in football is a death sentence for them.

There are two major difference this time:

1). NMSU has continued to schedule FBS teams long-term.  NMSU needs to keep their rivalry games against UTEP and UNM and Liberty and UMass will schedule them.  Idaho didn’t even have Boise St as they have blackballed Idaho and Washington St won’t commit to a series with games in Moscow.  NMSU has a whole slew of FBS teams in Texas that need to fill their schedules.  Idaho only had Wyoming that would commit to Moscow and everybody else out west looks at that trip as beneath them.

2)  Idaho would have needed to pay major bucks to get a home schedule with the required five games (four FBS) as not many FBS teams were interested in going there.  The loss of conference affiliation was a much bigger cost setback for the Vandals compared to the Aggies.  Also, didn’t realize that many of the Idaho contracts had out clauses for little cost and FBS schools that scheduled Idaho were still required to pay Idaho at FBS rates per NCAA rules as they were FBS when those games were scheduled.  Wyoming has dropped several games because they don’t want two FCS schools in the same season.

You wouldn’t even be convinced to go FBS if NDSU went, so there is no use arguing with you.

27 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

There are two major difference this time:

1). NMSU has continued to schedule FBS teams long-term.  NMSU needs to keep their rivalry games against UTEP and UNM and Liberty and UMass will schedule them.  Idaho didn’t even have Boise St as they have blackballed Idaho and Washington St won’t commit to a series with games in Moscow.  NMSU has a whole slew of FBS teams in Texas that need to fill their schedules.  Idaho only had Wyoming that would commit to Moscow and everybody else out west looks at that trip as beneath them.

2)  Idaho would have needed to pay major bucks to get a home schedule with the required five games (four FBS) as not many FBS teams were interested in going there.  The loss of conference affiliation was a much bigger cost setback for the Vandals compared to the Aggies.  Also, didn’t realize that many of the Idaho contracts had out clauses for little cost and FBS schools that scheduled Idaho were still required to pay Idaho at FBS rates per NCAA rules as they were FBS when those games were scheduled.  Wyoming has dropped several games because they don’t want two FCS schools in the same season.

You wouldn’t even be convinced to go FBS if NDSU went, so there is no use arguing with you.

1) Idaho signed a contract with LSU less than two months before announcing they were moving to FCS (in 2016 for a game in 2020), which in fact you tried to use as reasoning as one of the reasons they weren't moving down:

On 2/2/2016 at 10:57 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Strange that Idaho just scheduled a $1.4 mill guarantee game with LSU in 2020.  That is well after Idaho will be pushed out of the Belt and into FCS, according to other posters.  Why would LSU waste their time scheduling games that won't happen?

2) How exactly is that different than the situation that NMSU is currently in........? NMSU isn't exactly swimming in cash to pay large guarantees nor a destination city for teams looking to travel.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

1) Idaho signed a contract with LSU less than two months before announcing they were moving to FCS (in 2016 for a game in 2020), which in fact you tried to use as reasoning as one of the reasons they weren't moving down:

2) How exactly is that different than the situation that NMSU is currently in........? NMSU isn't exactly swimming in cash to pay large guarantees nor a destination city for teams looking to travel.

1). Idaho still had FBS status so the contract was still good for 3x the FCS rate.  That is a smart.

2) NMSU needs to stay at the level of their main rivals, UNM and UTEP.  Boise St has stopped playing Idaho and now Idaho’s main rivals are the Montanas.

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Every time i see this thread pop up I think to myself...how is this still alive?

Until the Summit decides on who their next school is, I will be posting in this thread.  IPFW wants another conference like all the other Summit schools east of the Missippi (IUPUI, Oakland, Valparaiso, Youngstown St, Wright St, I’ll-Chicago, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Cleveland St, etc) no matter what those bison trolls say.  They are delusional that IPFW is happy, and the Summit has major issues keeping their autobid without IPFW.

The Summit needs to become a regional state league like the MAC, in which the core schools haven’t left for 50 years.  The Summit is in an existential crisis and there are more moves to be made.