SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. MIAMI OH. - Friday

AZSIOUX

Solid win tonight, the defense seemed pretty solid as a group but Schmaltz and Simpson really stood out to me as having good games. I thought the powerplay was better tonight than last weekend although it would be hard to not be. Saunders with a solid performance although I thought he was gonna give the early 1 goal lead right back with a mishandle but made a great pad save. Saunders still really seems to have trouble with his glove hand and giving up rebounds that way which needs to be cleaned up. Really hope to not see too many 4 on 4 situations tomorrow as I think it really favors Miami with all that speed. Need to make it tough on Miami getting through the neutral zone again tomorrow night and limit the penalties.

First time seeing the Sioux live this year.....some thoughts:

~Last time I saw the green helmets and breezers live was 1996....December to be exact....against BU. I like em.

~Our passing game was crap. Guys couldn't catch a pass to save their lives at times.

~Clark was pretty good. But if he can go Zane tomorrow. Saturdays haven't been Clark's thing.....

~LaDue might be a 30 minute guy in two years. He might be UND's toughest d man to play against.

~The new zone entry on the power play worked. Attack with speed. Got a pp goal, and actually had some zone time.

~Young goalies everywhere saw what you can do to destroy your teams chances in the first period of a game.

The Sioux always win on my birthday. Well, at least two years in a row.