SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

Thank god, what a absolute mess this has been

@SchlossmanGF: Not surprisingly, the power play also is a focus at practice today. Some different personnel likely on the power play this weekend.

Scheme and execution need to change as well. Dump and lose chase to puck won't get it done...regardless of personnel.

Scheme and execution need to change as well. Dump and lose chase to puck won't get it done...regardless of personnel.

Scheme has to change right? Guess we will see Friday night.

Started to grab beers last weekend when we went on pp! Painful to watch with all those chances

Not necessarily true, that would imply dump and chase has never worked for anyone... ever. However did anyone notice the one time a UND forward pretended like he was entering the zone, turned around and passed to a dman who carried it into the zone? Then of course Mattson flubbed the puck at the blue line and it was cleared again. They never tried it again despite it working, thought that was odd.

Not necessarily true, that would imply dump and chase has never worked for anyone... ever. However did anyone notice the one time a UND forward pretended like he was entering the zone, turned around and passed to a dman who carried it into the zone? Then of course Mattson flubbed the puck at the blue line and it was cleared again. They never tried it again despite it working, thought that was odd.

I saw that exact play a few times this weekend where the guy stops and gives it back. Was at the games with a buddy and my uncle and they spotted it as well. Haven't seen it before though

I saw that exact play a few times this weekend where the guy stops and gives it back. Was at the games with a buddy and my uncle and they spotted it as well. Haven't seen it before though

Yeah, I noticed it several times on Saturday night. I think that's the method the Sabres typically try to use to enter the zone on the PP (a good team to copy, since they're dominating the NHL these days). I think the intent is to have the puck carrier enter with speed, which can sometimes be easier when it isn't your first player through the neutral zone.

Yeah, I noticed it several times on Saturday night. I think that's the method the Sabres typically try to use to enter the zone on the PP (a good team to copy, since they're dominating the NHL these days). I think the intent is to have the puck carrier enter with speed, which can sometimes be easier when it isn't your first player through the neutral zone.

I must have missed it the next few times. Admittedly made it to the bar upstairs for a shot and drink after the 2nd period so that could have affected my recollection :lol: .

The first time I saw a team do that on the powerplay was Notre Dame and it didn't work that well.

I must have missed it the next few times. Admittedly made it to the bar upstairs for a shot and drink after the 2nd period so that could have affected my recollection :lol: .

They did it quite a few times. It looked like the goal was to have Omaha get 2 or 3 players to commit toward the first puck carrier, which opened space to skate into the zone for the following player. It worked some of the time. Most of the other times the 2nd player either lost the puck after he entered the zone or they had problems with the next pass.

Euro teams run it all the time....as long as you have nice skating defenseman it typically works as the defenseman usually has a clear skating lane. I really like that they just need to run it more.

Well played Mauer...well played.

The boys have popped in 3..........in their last 37 PP chances.

I stand corrected.

As long as 37 attempts is enough of a sample size for you to declare the dump and chase completely useless no matter the personnel, knock yourself out. Just pointing out that it was a black and white answer to something that's not that simple. If you have the right personnel or the right situation the dump and chase isn't a completely dead option. This team has had it's fair share of struggles carrying the puck in as well, turning it over at the blue line, and allowing more 2 on 1's than I care to remember. Hopefully mixing up some lines and changing the strategy throughout the course of the game so other teams don't know what we're doing every single time, like last weekend, would prove to more fruitful.

Euro teams run it all the time....as long as you have nice skating defenseman it typically works as the defenseman usually has a clear skating lane. I really like that they just need to run it more.

I noticed that for at least one attempt on Saturday, Schmaltz was the first person with the puck before passing it back to a forward.

In the interest of evening out my posts (posting after losses is a cathartic experience), I'm cautiously optimistic about this weekend. Unlike UNO, Miami has not seen much of the Ralph, and that could be a good thing.

However, after going on a nice streak, UND hit a big snag last Saturday, in a game where they gave up 5 straight at home. So, what to expect this weekend? More inconsistency? Let's hope Saunders is getting his game face on again.

In the interest of evening out my posts (posting after losses is a cathartic experience), I'm cautiously optimistic about this weekend. Unlike UNO, Miami has not seen much of the Ralph, and that could be a good thing.

However, after going on a nice streak, UND hit a big snag last Saturday, in a game where they gave up 5 straight at home. So, what to expect this weekend? More inconsistency? Let's hope Saunders is getting his game face on again.

My hope is that Zane is ready for Friday night, don't know what the chances of that are but he did practice yesterday.

Don't necessarily disagree, but worth burning his redshirt over?

UND doesn't usually redshirt third string goalies, even if they don't play. He might have a long way to go to be ready to play at this level. That's the only reason I can think of for not putting him in on Saturday.

UND doesn't usually redshirt third string goalies, even if they don't play. He might have a long way to go to be ready to play at this level. That's the only reason I can think of for not putting him in on Saturday.

Maybe but doubt that at this point, anyone would have been better than CS sat night especially later in the game. That's one position you can steal a few games at and UND has a hard time finding those goalies for whatever reason. A slightly above average team that struggles scoring goals can make noise if a

goaltender steps up. Both have had many chances to take it over as well injury or not. Look forward to Fridays game