SiouxSports.com Forum

UNO @ NORTH DAKOTA - Saturday

gfhockey

But that great coach didn't even lead his team the entire game! ;)

Sorry, just had to make a smartass comment.

Yeah, but you don't "coach" as much as "manage" during a game.......

Dean is a great coach and he has definitely left his mark on the team. Just because he was downstairs doesn't mean the team's play wasn't a result of his coaching.

I'm just ticked off after getting scored on 4 in a row then 5 in a row it's gotta screw with your head. Just take him out it's not a confidence booster for him (even if I don't like him). Give the freshman a chance he's already losing a year of eligibility let him play

Don't forget the goal that was called back.....

Missed opportunity for some important points tonight. Not a real crisp game and not a lot of urgency from a lot of guys tonight. Again the powerplay looked awful. Though I think we should have been able to score more goals on the uno goalie Thompson 3 goals should have been enough tonight. I really don't think uno had all that many quality chances tonight and Saunders was just flat out really bad tonight. I hope Zane is healthy for next weekend and can get back in the net. IMO if he is in goal tonight we win this game.

That Omaha group is pretty skilled and you have to play better against them in your own end. If your goaltender has a bad night against them its lights out. I mean what team gives up six to SCSU and wins? I have a feeling UNO and UND meet again this year.

A ton, and I mean a ton of stuff to correct in the film room.

Missed opportunity for some important points tonight. Not a real crisp game and not a lot of urgency from a lot of guys tonight. Again the powerplay looked awful. Though I think we should have been able to score more goals on the uno goalie Thompson 3 goals should have been enough tonight. I really don't think uno had all that many quality chances tonight and Saunders was just flat out really bad tonight. I hope Zane is healthy for next weekend and can get back in the net. IMO if he is in goal tonight we win this game.

Well.... a lot of those goals were really garbage goals. Granted, a great goalie should be stopping those, but many were just flukes. Garbage goal does not always equal soft goal.

You are correct, though, 3 goals should have been enough.

Alot of the goals tonight were garbage goals. On both sides.

Except for about 5 minutes in the 2nd, when Saunders looked a bit shaken, he played pretty well. I saw some great saves (actually from both goalies). Our offense has to step it up and score, or at least keep play in their end more. And our D men need to own the ice in our zone.

I do not agree one bit on the Saunders thing...

That was public masturbation. The boys beat themselves.

PP is as bad as I've seen it, and it's been bad before. Just not this bad.

And why not bring in Hrnklw to let him log some minutes? Saunders needed some pine under his tush.

Gut check time indeed. Honey badger hockey from here on.

Turning point in the game. UND is up 3-1 and rolling, and Clark drops the puck and its a goal for Omaha to make it 3-2. Came right after UND nearly made it 4-1.

I'm nominating Jutting for "Best Use of a Timeout Early in the 2nd Period by an Assistant Coach in the history of college hockey." UNO never looked back, and the Sioux obliged.

• Upvote 1

So UND had a bad game against a good team. Let's put things in perspective. Still only 3 points out of first. Not gonna win every game. Our league is tough this year. Still 8 games left to make some noise in the league this year. Everyone needs to calm down. We are still in good shape. Hey, we could be Redhawk fans!

So UND had a bad game against a good team. Let's put things in perspective. Still only 3 points out of first. Not gonna win every game. Our league is tough this year. Still 8 games left to make some noise in the league this year. Everyone needs to calm down. We are still in good shape. Hey, we could be Redhawk fans!

HAHAHA that's true!!! Thanks for the upbeat tempo!!! Especially when they we're suppose to be the team to beat this year in the beginning

Well.... a lot of those goals were really garbage goals. Granted, a great goalie should be stopping those, but many were just flukes. Garbage goal does not always equal soft goal.

You are correct, though, 3 goals should have been enough.

Don't really agree with the garbage goal statement. The first goal was a pretty easy shot for a college goalie to stop and Saunders got beat short side. The pucks that rolled past him slowly were from far enough out that he needs to make the saves. The only one that I really can't fault him too much is the deflection off Simpson and in.

Dear moderator team,

This is the crap you can expect when gfhockey is allowed back on the site. Please, please pull the plug on this bozo and replace him with someone, ANYONE, who can provide a well-thought out post at least once in a while.

On behalf of regular SiouxSports.com hockey posters here in the board, I plead with you, no, strike that, I beg of you, to hear our cry.

I posted this a few pages back, TRex. I feel your pain.