SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UNO - Friday

AZSIOUX

Kind of a sloppy game but got the all important win. A lot of chances both ways that weren't cashed in on but I thought the Sioux definitely had the better and more consistent chances. PK was very good and got the crucial kill on the major which I thought should have just been a cross checking. Saunders definitely came up big a couple times but neither of the UNO goals were real great. Clean up the turnovers and hopefully a little more crisp game tomorrow night but no matter the type of game just gotta find a way to get the sweep tomorrow.

Hak Post game

~Clark was the story of the game

~Survived the second period, even though it was race horse hockey at times

~Crazy ice conditions, strange bounces

~Penalties hurt the flow of the game in the second period for UND

~Great patience by forwards on some of the passing play goals

~Atypical plays by some veteran defensemen

~Rocco double shifted to keep it a four line game after the Gaarder penalty.

Thought the boys looked sluggish towards the end of the first and all through the second however came to play in the third, hopefully that carries over into tonight's game. Clarke was the first star of the game and saved his team big time in the second. Uno could have ended the game in the second. Certain dmen have to play better in their own zone and this team has to score more on the chances they are given.

At one point during late first thru a chunck of the second UNO out shot UND 21-3.

I expect UND to play better especially the Dman. Schmaltz, Simpson and Mattson will have better games tonight.

Archibald was almost nonexistent... that won't happen tonight.

Clark needs to be as good to give UND a chance again tonight IMO.

At one point during late first thru a chunck of the second UNO out shot UND 21-3.

I expect UND to play better especially the Dman. Schmaltz, Simpson and Mattson will have better games tonight.

Archibald was almost nonexistent... that won't happen tonight.

Clark needs to be as good to give UND a chance again tonight IMO.

Agreed. I honestly think the boys will come out hungry tonight. I think the first and second lines will do some damage tonight. That uno goalie is terrible, we need to light him up early.

Still confused on the pp issues....they are so bad at actually setting the puck up.