SiouxSports.com Forum

How to get a goalie hot 101?

yababy8

Give them easy shots.

1. Shoot from the shallowest angle possible.

2. Shoot from as far away as possible while making sure the goalie can see you well the whole time.

3. And for gods sake don't ever pass on an odd man rush cause then the goalie has to change positions quickly. Doing so could put his confidence at risk of peril.

While I appreciate the current approach the coaches are employing with respect to using the defenseman to get shots on net, the overall get shots on net dogma is getting old. With our current stock of defenseman shooting from the point is a very wise strategy. Having the Forwards think they should shoot on a break and never pass is not.

Exactly, and how many of those games did we lose after dominating TOP only to be scored on in a flash on a breakaway which included a nice pass to a shooter with an open net?

if there is one phrase that I hear in hockey which I cannot stand it is, "Greasey Goals". Its worse than listening to "hey macarena".

Not going to take the time to find this but I bet over the last 5-6 years the # of 35+ saves and 1 or 0 goals allowed games by an opponent's goalie has to total 5 or 6 for every one UND has had.

I don't know man....watched last nights game and bemidji had just as many actual scoring chances as we did. 95% of our shots were layups for that tendy. If Rocco would have dished that pill instead of going logo we win. BSU looked so bad.

In the end it doesn't matter if we make a goalie look awesome or he is actually awesome.

Why?

Because the Sioux are in it for a National Championship that's why.

Chances of running into a legitimately hot goalie along the way to a title?

90%? 95%?

Gonna need open looks boys.

..in our last two National Championship runs what was the ratio of #greasy"/open net first attempt goals?

I don't know man....watched last nights game and bemidji had just as many actual scoring chances as we did. 95% of our shots were layups for that tendy. If Rocco would have dished that pill instead of going logo we win. BSU looked so bad.

I hope they actually are bad tonight.

The 88-89 team put up 9 on Stauber the Robber. It can happen. Mr. Rob stole the show Saturday night though.

Actually they put up 8 on Stauber. He pulled himself after that goal and the back-up sieve gave up a goal on the very first shot he saw. Man was the old Ralph rockin' that night. About -30 outside too, from what I remember...

Maybe.....but then the part about Scrivens getting the hook the night before is wrong.

Scrivens was pulled roughly 7+ minutes into the 3rd at the Ralph on 10/28/08. Frattin had a hatty that night.

Next night he made 21 saves and won 2-1.

January 2010 at Cornell he posted a 1-0 shutout win.

In the future don't make me waste my time.............

Scrivens a few years back....believe UND out shot Cornell 2-1 and possibly got shutout.

Your original post. Which is true, but happened in 2010 not 2008 like you thought because you followed with this next post.....

And that "great goalie" got the hook the previous night.

after you posted this I figured you were talking about the 2008 game at the Ralph

Cornell won 2-1 .....but they outshot the Sioux 30-23....after the Sioux had a 36-24 shot advantage the night before.

I posted this in response to your original comment that the Sioux were "out shot 2-1"

Was he maybe thinking of the year before that?

yababy8 meant the seasonafter (2010).....but I knew what he was talking about so that's why I responded with ....maybe, but then the comment about Scrivens being pulled the night before was wrong.

See....I was right after all :lol: